Thread: Carlson/Hischier for Scheifele/Chabot

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Carlson/Hischier for Scheifele/Chabot

First year of a keep 16 keeper (Based on real life contract status. Team in sig).

Trade is:

My Carlson and Hischier
    for
    His Scheifele and Chabot

Am I wrong in thinking this is a good deal? I know Carlson's on an all time heater, but long term I think Chabot is a better play for my team. He hasn't hit his prime and Carlson's only going to go downhill from here right? And I can't see any scenario where Hischier gives me more than Scheifele. Currently sitting in 4th, but well back of 1st so I'm thinking this isn't going to be the year and I should do what I can to set myself up for future success.

Thoughts?
    10 team, H2H Keeper
    4C-4LW-4RW-2F-6D-2G-5BN-3IR+
    G,A,STP,SOG,FW,Hit,Blk,W,L,SV,SV%
    Keep 16 - First time kept on a team is for up to remainder of their current contract (or extension)
    C - Larkin,Trocheck,Dubois,Hischier,Cirelli,Henrique,N . Schmaltz(LW), Cizikas
    LW - Guentzel(RW),Marchessault(C),Svechnikov(RW),Colema n(RW),Fabbri(RW)
    RW - Pavelski(C),Radulov,Mantha(LW),Labanc(LW),Kakko,Bu chnevich
    D - Carlson,Hamilton,Provorov,Parayko,DeAngelo,Spurgeo n,Fox
    G - Bobrovsky,Holtby,Samsonov,Demko
    IR+ - Crosby,Byfuglien,Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Carlson/Hischier for Scheifele/Chabot

I know a lot of people will agree with you as people seem to not value Carlson around here but he's only 29 soon to be 30. Yes some key cogs are going to be slowing down like Ovi/Backstrom but they still have Kuzy and Vrana as well. I think Carlson could maintain a 65 point + pace for the next 3 years before dipping.

Now for the Nico vs Schiefele debate. There's no dough that Schiefele is quite a bit better but I do think Nico with Hall leaving will take the next step. Still looking at all the parts, I think I like the Chabot side better but by much and this trade could go either way.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would do it.

Chabot < Carlson (for this year and probably 2-3 more years but after that they'll be similar for 2 more years, then Chabot is the man)

Scheifele > Hischier (I'd say always, so you win that side)

I would say the trade is fair right now and you win in the future.

Dobber Sports Ace

I'd hold Carlson. He's the best player in the deal and will be for the next few years.

This is a very far offer but I think the gap between Scheifele and Hischier will close.

At first, I thought this was a salary league, in which case I'd more likely move Carlson - but it looks like salary is irrelevant.
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by jdreed3184 View Post
    I'd hold Carlson. He's the best player in the deal and will be for the next few years.

This is a very far offer but I think the gap between Scheifele and Hischier will close.

At first, I thought this was a salary league, in which case I'd more likely move Carlson - but it looks like salary is irrelevant.
    Salary's irrelevant, but contract status isn't. At the summer keeper deadline, for a first time keeper, the max keeper length is the length of his current/extended contract (i.e. keeping Chabot will allow me to keep him through 2027-28, but Kakko can only be kept through 2021-22, which clearly I will do and trade him once he's signed an extension). I was hesitant to trade Carlson for sure, but I'm concerned that Washington in general is getting older (and might lose Backstrom this offseason). Ottawa can't really get much worse so it's only up from here.
    10 team, H2H Keeper
    4C-4LW-4RW-2F-6D-2G-5BN-3IR+
    G,A,STP,SOG,FW,Hit,Blk,W,L,SV,SV%
    Keep 16 - First time kept on a team is for up to remainder of their current contract (or extension)
    C - Larkin,Trocheck,Dubois,Hischier,Cirelli,Henrique,N . Schmaltz(LW), Cizikas
    LW - Guentzel(RW),Marchessault(C),Svechnikov(RW),Colema n(RW),Fabbri(RW)
    RW - Pavelski(C),Radulov,Mantha(LW),Labanc(LW),Kakko,Bu chnevich
    D - Carlson,Hamilton,Provorov,Parayko,DeAngelo,Spurgeo n,Fox
    G - Bobrovsky,Holtby,Samsonov,Demko
    IR+ - Crosby,Byfuglien,Tarasenko