Thread: Thoughts on this offer?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Thoughts on this offer?

I was offered DeBrusk, Gurianov, and a later pick which won’t get me much in the draft for my Cirelli and Merkley. There is a handshake agreement that he would send me Cirelli back for DeBrusk after a couple weeks. Tampa has a good sched coming up and he wants Cirelli for that time. So basically what I’m asking is Gurianov a better own than Merkley? I’m in a points only 12 team keeper league. Keep 9 any position.

Barzal
    Konecny
    Mantha
    Meier
    Karlsson
    Duclair
    Dvorak
    Schmaltz
    Cirelli
    Thomas
    Labanc
    Roslovic

Hronek
    Vatanen
    Leddy
    Girard
    Myers

Lundqvist
    Howard
    Brossoit

(P) Hart
    (P) Caufield
    (P) Zegras
    (P) Cozens
    (P) Bouchard
    (P) Merkley

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Thoughts on this offer?

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    I was offered DeBrusk, Gurianov, and a later pick which won’t get me much in the draft for my Cirelli and Merkley. There is a handshake agreement that he would send me Cirelli back for DeBrusk after a couple weeks. Tampa has a good sched coming up and he wants Cirelli for that time. So basically what I’m asking is Gurianov a better own than Merkley? I’m in a points only 12 team keeper league. Keep 9 any position.
    The only thing that matters for me is the bolded. You and the other owner are colluding to gain him an advantage over the other teams in the league, due to the tradeback. If you do that part of the deal, you need to understand that there is a very high chance that the value you assign to the players won't matter, as you should (assuming a competent commissioner) both be ex-league members.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

It’s happened several times in the league I’m in. Nobody seems to have a problem with. I’m sorry you have a problem with it.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by bbfl1987 View Post
    It’s happened several times in the league I’m in. Nobody seems to have a problem with. I’m sorry you have a problem with it.
    No problem, if that's the way the league rolls, it's fine with you guys, and that's what matters. It's just really weird to see stuff like that going down; combining rosters often leads to issues..
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Which Merkley?

McDavid/Necas/ Kucherov/Bjorkstrand/Rust/Nugent Hopkins/Cirelli/Zegras/- Letang/Morrissey/Dahlin - Swayman/Saros/Skinner

Prospects include:
    McTavish/Clarke/Bordeleau
    Dumais/Korchinski/Hutson

Don't worry I'm not going to say anything more than I have to. If that.