Thread: Ryan Graves - the real deal?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ryan Graves - the real deal?

Haven't seen any of his games this year......so, is he the real deal? In my league he is the 48th ranked player right now and is currently a free agent.

Is this mini breakout sustainable or more of a hot streak? His point totals are ok and his peripherials are well rounded.

Should I pick him up and who should I drop?
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Ryan Graves - the real deal?

Looks like you have +/- that's probably why his value is being over inflated in your league. He's +29 right now and I only see that going down. He's a fine D but nothing special, I would hold tight.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Depends on how your farm system works.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Looks like you have +/- that's probably why his value is being over inflated in your league. He's +29 right now and I only see that going down. He's a fine D but nothing special, I would hold tight.
    Ya, the +/- is why he's being over valued in your format. He's a serviceable D-man who logs a ton of PK time. There's no one on your roster I'd drop for him if that's what you're asking, unless you can fit him on your farm but his long term value won't increase much.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Unsustainable. Look at his PDO (108.4) and you'll realize that +/- is going to come own big time.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by jtloveshack View Post
    Haven't seen any of his games this year......so, is he the real deal? In my league he is the 48th ranked player right now and is currently a free agent.

Is this mini breakout sustainable or more of a hot streak? His point totals are ok and his peripherials are well rounded.

Should I pick him up and who should I drop?
    I wouldn't drop anyone on your roster for him but I watch a lot of the games and the kid is a good NHL D-man. He hits some and shoots some and has that great plus minus. Go look at the game log for the past 10-15 games. The team has been involved in some high scoring games and his plus is exceptional. The team is trusting him more and more. It really is a pleasure to watch him play. We carry 7 d-men in our 13 team league so I can roster him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks so much for the breakdowns/advice on Graves. That's what makes these forums so very useful. Thanks a bunch.
    12 team dynasty, weekly H2H, daily starts
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1UTL, 2G, 7 Bench - 23 player roster, unlimited farm system
    Cats - G, A, PTS, +/-, PIMS, PPP, SHP, Hits, SOG, BS, W, GAA, S%, S and SO

C - Crosby, MacKinnion, Bergeron, Kopitar and Pageau
    LW - Marchand, Pacioretty, Nugent-Hopkins (C) and Vrana
    RW - Stone, Voracek, Duclair (LW), T. Wilson and Tanev (LW)
    D - Hedman, Doughty, Trouba, Weber and Giordano
    G - Holtby, Binnington, Quick and M. Koskinen
    Farm
    Highlights - Cernak, V. Soderstrom, T. Harley, V. Heinola, R. Andersson, C. Garland, C. Grundstrom, P. Kochetkov
    Picks - 2020 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I think he's worth rostering on your farm, if that's possible. He may be worth rostering in general.

I'm in a deep multi cat dynasty with just G, A, Pts, SOG, PIM, (H+B) for skaters, and he's a top 25 defender. Assuming the scoring regresses, he should have value, I'm just not sure your team has an obvious drop.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.