Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: World Juniors 2020

Administrator

Default Re: World Juniors 2020

Frank Seravalli
    @frank_seravalli
    ·
    8m
    Doctors continue to review Alexis Lafreniere’s MRI. Sounds like the injury may not be as bad as initially feared, there is in fact hope that Lafreniere may be able to return to play in these #WorldJuniors.

Wow. Perhaps some good news here.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Administrator

He'll be back playing and they'll still be reviewing his MRI.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The loss hardly means anything. It's not time to overreact which means many will overreact.
    Everybody in 1-1 standings leaves it wide open!
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Frank Seravalli
    @frank_seravalli
    ·
    8m
    Doctors continue to review Alexis Lafreniere’s MRI. Sounds like the injury may not be as bad as initially feared, there is in fact hope that Lafreniere may be able to return to play in these #WorldJuniors.

Wow. Perhaps some good news here.
    Good news for fans too. I was really looking forward to watching this guy play and become a household name.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Canada got beat down. Not impressed with Hayton disrespect.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Administrator

Definitely a moment of weakness for Hayton but it's as insignificant in the big picture as the silver medal toss. I'm more disappointed with the joint statement apology. I've got no time for that corporate BS.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Administrator

Frank Seravalli
    @frank_seravalli
    Full Alexis Lafreniere update: MRI reveals no fracture, no torn ligaments. He won't play against Germany, but his status for #WorldJuniors is up in the air.

"Everyone understands there is a lot at stake for him," assistant coach Andre Tourigny said.

Great news for the top prospect. I hope he doesn't play for the rest of the tournament if he needs time away rather than risk significant damage. But if he gets the go-ahead lets see him rip up the playoffs, assuming Canada even makes it.

Dobber Sports Deity

I was hoping that Byfield might get an opportunity to slide up the lineup with Canada's top two centers out for todays game, but it looks like he's going to be a role player again today. A few others will get better opportunities to step up.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

So, the headbutt that Veleno (?) did is suspension worthy eh. Didn't the Russian player who received the headbutt give one out vs USA yesterday?

Hayton, I don't know how that helmet thing happened. How does a guy who's experienced WJC hockey before forget to remove his helmet? How did a Canadian player not nudge him and go, "wtf bud"? But I also think, how would he think he would get away with it without being called out by the media if he's doing it on purpose?

I think he meant to do it, but I dunno. His statement is not his anyways though. Which is just as annoying as what happened to me. Total disrespect to Russia who cleaned your clock, but total disrespect to not give out a legitimate apology.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    The evidence is incontrovertible.
    Read the rule. Watch the play. The puck never crossed the glass BEHIND the players bench. If you refuse to read the rule, which was posted, I really don't know what to say to you. Believe whatever you want the rules are....

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So, the headbutt that Veleno (?) did is suspension worthy eh. Didn't the Russian player who received the headbutt give one out vs USA yesterday?

Hayton, I don't know how that helmet thing happened. How does a guy who's experienced WJC hockey before forget to remove his helmet? How did a Canadian player not nudge him and go, "wtf bud"? But I also think, how would he think he would get away with it without being called out by the media if he's doing it on purpose?

I think he meant to do it, but I dunno. His statement is not his anyways though. Which is just as annoying as what happened to me. Total disrespect to Russia who cleaned your clock, but total disrespect to not give out a legitimate apology.
    Not sure if it was the same guy but Rtishev was suspended for headbutting in the RUS-USA game. https://www.tsn.ca/russia-s-rtishev-...ting-1.1420020

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Not sure if it was the same guy but Rtishev was suspended for headbutting in the RUS-USA game. https://www.tsn.ca/russia-s-rtishev-...ting-1.1420020
    I'm like 60% sure it's the same guy. Glad it was even at least.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Read the rule. Watch the play. The puck never crossed the glass BEHIND the players bench. If you refuse to read the rule, which was posted, I really don't know what to say to you. Believe whatever you want the rules are....

adjective: incontrovertible
    not able to be denied or disputed

Pretty clear what my position is here. The hockey gods also ruled and the results there were pretty clear as well...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

The World Jrs are fun to watch because teenagers do really stupid stuff on a continual basis. This was a kid doing something stupid because he was upset.

You want to watch a bunch of professional robots completely dismantle other teams at hockey, then that's what you get in the 2014 Olympics with Team Canada. In my mind the best hockey team ever to be put together on ice and it was like watching paint dry. But it worked.

I watch the World Jrs because there are massive mistakes, high emotions, and brain dead stupidity that results in big time drama. That's where the fun is!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The World Jrs are fun to watch because teenagers do really stupid stuff on a continual basis. This was a kid doing something stupid because he was upset.

You want to watch a bunch of professional robots completely dismantle other teams at hockey, then that's what you get in the 2014 Olympics with Team Canada. In my mind the best hockey team ever to be put together on ice and it was like watching paint dry. But it worked.

I watch the World Jrs because there are massive mistakes, high emotions, and brain dead stupidity that results in big time drama. That's where the fun is!
    I get what you're saying when it comes to game mistakes, and I guess you gotta take the "good" mistakes (on ice, wrong time to pinch at what not) with the "bad" mistakes (throwing a medal over the glass). Emotions are things teenagers don't deal with properly. Decision making isn't a teenagers strong suit, when painting a teenager with a broad paint brush.