Thread: Roster management and drop help

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Roster management and drop help

I'm looking for some help with a few decisions - I feel some of these calls may be pretty important for my team this year, as I need to work up the rankings asap.

I'm sitting in 9th out of 12 right now with a team I actually think is pretty good but I've been let down by goaltending and some mediocre luck. The bottom of my lineup is in flux and I'm not sure what I should be doing at the moment.

It's a 12 team H2H weekly line up league. Categories G A +/- PIM PPP SOG SHP W GAA SV% SHO. Start 2C 2LW 2RW 4D 3UTIL 2G. My team:

C - MacKinnon, Pettersson
    LW - E Kane, Marchessault
    RW - Palmieri, Kassian
    D - Carlson, Dumba, DeAngelo, Pulock
    Util - Monahan, Bertuzzi, D Strome
    G - Andersen, Markstrom, Saros
    Bench - OEL, Keller
    IR - Rantanen,
    Arvidsson, Morrissey

Players on WW that I have interest in - Beauvillier, Kase, Kreider, Stastny, Necas, Palat, Johnson, Nino, Zucker, Danault, J Hughes, Gusev, Fox, Gourde, Jarnkrok, Parayko.

My first drop is Strome when Rantanen is back, probably in the next week which will help. I am not sure where to go after that. Kassian helps with PIM and plus minus but I am not sure whether he should be the next to go. Keller is helping with just about nothing right now and could probably be swapped out for a WW player. OEL is also quite frustrating.

There are a number of intriguing options on the wire with lots of potential. Where do you think I should go from here? Many thoughts and discussion are appreciated!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Roster management and drop help

Since you're desperate I wouldn't be waiting for Keller to break back out. I do see it happening, but who knows, it could be another two months. Necas or Stastny might be your best bets there.
    Start with one, and see how that goes. Make too many swaps and you'll end up without the depth you need to contend.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Roster management and drop help

I saw Stastny was put back on the patches/stone line, which should be good for him.

You see, I also believe Keller is going to break back out. I'm just not sure if Stastny, or whoever else, will provide enough in the mean time to make it worth losing him. I am, however, desperate to get back into things now.