Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Peters Under Investigation

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Bill Peters Under Investigation

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    I would think a big part of this is the concern for players that if they come forward about abuse that they might be labeled as a trouble maker and blacklisted. If they go trough the NHLPA they’ll have access to the PA lawyers and may be able to save face instead of being dragged through the mud themselves.

I would expect the NHL would prefer this too as I’m sure they would want to handle these cases appropriately without all the negative publicity that comes along with it.
    Yes. Apart from being able to better defend its members, this is really about controlling the narrative for the PA.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Brind’Amour just confirmed Peters kicked Jordan on the bench.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    It was kind of funny, undeniably.
    I just wouldn't want my daughter (if I had one) reading something like that on a hockey forum and then asking me what a horse emission is.
    Why? Everybody poops.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Letter from Peters to Treliving admitting he said those things...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1891725
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Letter from Peters to Treliving admitting he said those things...

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1891725
    How and why is this getting out to the media or public?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Because I think it helps him. What he did was awful and stupid but if he already apologized for it after being told to, the comment matter is a dead issue. Don’t know about the physical stuff but I think this shows the matter was dealt with (according to Peters). Maybe the apology to the team wasn’t enough for Aliu, but they should have worked things out then. To bring it up a decade later after he’d already received an apology, I don’t know what he’s looking to do with that. Maybe Peters is lying about the apology I don’t know, but there’s always more to the story..

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Because I think it helps him. What he did was awful and stupid but if he already apologized for it after being told to, the comment matter is a dead issue. Don’t know about the physical stuff but I think this shows the matter was dealt with (according to Peters). Maybe the apology to the team wasn’t enough for Aliu, but they should have worked things out then. To bring it up a decade later after he’d already received an apology, I don’t know what he’s looking to do with that. Maybe Peters is lying about the apology I don’t know, but there’s always more to the story..
    Whether it helps him or not, this letter was clearly intended for Treliving. If he wanted it out to the public, he would have sent this to the media himself.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I definitely know people who are self-absorbed enough to think that saying something along the lines of “You know, I’m just sick of this n----- s---. It’s every day. From now on, we need to play different music.” while skirting around actually saying "I was wrong and I am sorry" qualifies as an apology.

Whether it helps him or not, this letter was clearly intended for Treliving. If he wanted it out to the public, he would have sent this to the media himself.
    I had the same thought. I'm kind of surprised that wasn't released as an open letter originally but maybe that was the intent of its release to the public?

Dobber Sports Titan

The letter is lip service. Lost me when he said, "decade ago". You don't say the time when it happened unless you're trying to show how it happened a long time ago and to try and minimize the seriousness of the situation because of when it happened.

Next paragraph is full of contradictions to Aliu's story when he said he apologized right away.

Next paragraph is a "at least I didn't say it directly at the guy". Which is dumb. "sorry I broke you lamp while throwing a ball in the house mom, but at least I didn't throw it AT the lamp, I just made a bad throw".

Next paragraph say's he saying we all must act with integrity, but all he's done in the letter is make excuses and contradictions to Aliu's story.

Really the only paragraph that I actually believe is the last one, where he thanks the Flames for just not out right firing him.

The letter is literally for the media. You don't get a review at work for something you did wrong, then write a letter to your boss.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The letter is lip service. Lost me when he said, "decade ago". You don't say the time when it happened unless you're trying to show how it happened a long time ago and to try and minimize the seriousness of the situation because of when it happened.

Next paragraph is full of contradictions to Aliu's story when he said he apologized right away.

Next paragraph is a "at least I didn't say it directly at the guy". Which is dumb. "sorry I broke you lamp while throwing a ball in the house mom, but at least I didn't throw it AT the lamp, I just made a bad throw".

Next paragraph say's he saying we all must act with integrity, but all he's done in the letter is make excuses and contradictions to Aliu's story.

Really the only paragraph that I actually believe is the last one, where he thanks the Flames for just not out right firing him.

The letter is literally for the media. You don't get a review at work for something you did wrong, then write a letter to your boss.
    I disagree, but it doesn't matter now because it's out there. Whatever at this point.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Was watching Sportsnet last night and they interviewed Eric Francis, Francis mentioned that the letter was directly sent to him from Bill Peters. So Peters counsel wanted it to be released to the public. They figure it would help them.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    Was watching Sportsnet last night and they interviewed Eric Francis, Francis mentioned that the letter was directly sent to him from Bill Peters. So Peters counsel wanted it to be released to the public. They figure it would help them.
    Roger that. Thanks.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyrug View Post
    Makes the letter even more BS to me. In my eyes this is written just for the media. Personal opinion on that though. Very well could have been written in a sincere way, but I don't take it as that.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

"The statement was made in a moment of frustration and does not reflect my personal values."
    "I have regretted the incident since it happened..."
    "...it was an isolated and immediately regrettable incident."
    "I am truly sorry."

I thought the letter was genuine and acceptable. He's already going to lose his job & never coach again in the NHL.
    And people will never look at him the same way, in or outside hockey.
    I don't know what else people expect or want from this guy?

There's such a lust for beating people down to the ground when they makes mistakes. smh

Dobber Sports Genius

Man there really blowing this thing way out of proportion. Yes there is no room for racism in today's society, heck 50 years ago it wasn't acceptable but the back drop on Sportsnet and Solemn expressions, like come on there is way more serious stuff going on in this world. I equate this to Colin Kaepernick, this might be the best thing that ever happens for Akim's career. I like Marek but I was listening to hockey central at noon on Tuesday and it was like an invasion was being announced. If you wanted to do serious journalism go work for CNN not Sportsnet. Mention it, acknowledge it's not right and acceptable, wait for new information to come out and show Ovi's dangle.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky