Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Peters Under Investigation

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Bill Peters Under Investigation

Matthew 7:1-5

1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
    2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    3 Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
    4 How can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
    5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Matthew 7:1-5

1 Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
    2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
    3 Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
    4 How can you say to your brother, "Let me take the speck out of your eye," when all the time there is a plank in your own eye?
    5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
    Ezekiel 23:20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Ezekiel 23:20 There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.
    I'd say that's a little x rated for a family forum, and completely unrelated to the thread topic.

Dobber Sports Deity

Alright, this thread quickly slides off the rails once we starting bringing religion into it. Can we get back on track please.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports All-Star

I'd say that's a little x rated for a family forum, and completely unrelated to the thread topic.
    Not sure it was meant to be funny but it got a chuckle out of me.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    Not sure it was meant to be funny but it got a chuckle out of me.

It was kind of funny, undeniably.
    I just wouldn't want my daughter (if I had one) reading something like that on a hockey forum and then asking me what a horse emission is.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'm genuinely curious what Lawman would say about this ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmac.../#118da38d781e

If, indeed, the Flames are trying to fire him for cause and therefore get out of paying him, I suspect it will boil down to how his contract is worded regarding past conduct? That's a slippery slope - one could certainly argue that immoral conduct should be limited to behaviour within the time period of the contract being terminated.

Dobber Sports Star

I imagine that there is a code of conduct clause that they will look at. If they can do it legally, they will.

Rylant

Administrator

The end of the article sums it up well. The Flames will try to fire him with cause, Peters will appeal and they'll reach a settlement, likely including a gag order. Both sides will play it by the book.

I personally have no attachment to how this is settled financially. If he gets paid, so be it. It's purely a legal matter.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm genuinely curious what Lawman would say about this ...

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmac.../#118da38d781e

If, indeed, the Flames are trying to fire him for cause and therefore get out of paying him, I suspect it will boil down to how his contract is worded regarding past conduct? That's a slippery slope - one could certainly argue that immoral conduct should be limited to behaviour within the time period of the contract being terminated.
    They're trying to find a way to fire him and void the contract. That's all I can think of, and I said that way back on page1. No other reason why they haven't already, not like they were doing well with him this yr too.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Expert

As the article states there is a very high threshold for determining cause. The Flames claiming just cause is unlikely and an entirely hypothetical though the article guesses the Flames feign just cause and hash out a settlement paying half the contract value which isn't inconceivable.

Dobber Sports Genius

Maybe the Flames surprise everyone and conclude that "Yes he did in fact say those things but people change and he's not the man he once was, doesn't everyone deserve a 2nd chance"....
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Maybe the Flames surprise everyone and conclude that "Yes he did in fact say those things but people change and he's not the man he once was, doesn't everyone deserve a 2nd chance"....
    It's possible for the team to agree with everything you wrote and still fire him.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

It was kind of funny, undeniably.
    I just wouldn't want my daughter (if I had one) reading something like that on a hockey forum and then asking me what a horse emission is.
    It would be a wonderful opportunity to discuss biology, world religions, and myth in literature with your theoretical daughter. You'd be missing out!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I imagine that there is a code of conduct clause that they will look at. If they can do it legally, they will.

Rylant
    Yes. If not, there should be.