Thread: Dynasty League full keeper trade

HockeyTown Domination

Default Dynasty League full keeper trade

Im toying with the idea to make the following trade:

I would give up my Jonathan Toews and Patrick O\'Sullivan

I would get his Steven Stamkos and Kyle Okposo

My mind set is more long term..as both Toews and O\'Sullivan are both young like Okposo and Stamkos, but I FEEL that Stamkos and Okposo will be better players long term than O\'Sully / Toews

Disagree / agree?

I know right now O\'Sully / Toews is the better end of the deal, but like I said, Im not gonna win my league this year, so I wanna build it up with as much young stud talent as possible..thoughts?

Well I would say that O\'Sullivan and Toews are players that have the bonafides now and they should continue to develop quite well. Okposo and Stamkos are more unknown and at this stage I think you are taking too much of a gamble here and you are giving up way too much for a couple of prospects, even though they are good prospects. Re-building or not, you shouldn\'t be giving away quality, young players like these 2 for 2 possibilities that could conceivably fall flat.

Dobber Sports Ace

I don\'t see Stamkos being any better than Toews, so thats an even trade at best, and I DO see Okposo being bettert han O\'Sullivan yes, but it will be a couple of years. The thing is though, you KNOW Toews and O\'Sullivan will be good. You only THINK the others will be. I think you\'ll be waiting a while to see results that might not be better.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

woodrow wrote:
    Well I would say that O\'Sullivan and Toews are players that have the bonafides now and they should continue to develop quite well. Okposo and Stamkos are more unknown and at this stage I think you are taking too much of a gamble here and you are giving up way too much for a couple of prospects, even though they are good prospects. Re-building or not, you shouldn\'t be giving away quality, young players like these 2 for 2 possibilities that could conceivably fall flat.
    This is bang on IMO!