Poll: Offended Yes or No?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Anonymous Poll. Was Don Cherry's "you people come here" comment offensive?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Anonymous Poll. Was Don Cherry's "you people come here" comment offensive?

Meanwhile... hundreds have been fired for way worse things in Canada and no thread about them even as a collective. I think it's time to move on from Don... I think that has been an ongoing conversation itself for almost a decade - is it time for Don to retire? It was in 2005.

meanwhile, another high school shooting in the US... but let's keep Cherry in the spotlight rather than address real issues.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Anonymous Poll. Was Don Cherry's "you people come here" comment offensive?

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Meanwhile... hundreds have been fired for way worse things in Canada and no thread about them even as a collective. I think it's time to move on from Don... I think that has been an ongoing conversation itself for almost a decade - is it time for Don to retire? It was in 2005.

meanwhile, another high school shooting in the US... but let's keep Cherry in the spotlight rather than address real issues.
    Don Cherry = hockey, thus the discussion.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Don Cherry = hockey, thus the discussion.
    I feel like this would be better represented written like this (based on his relevance this past decade)

Once upon a time: Don Cherry = hockey
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

LOL this is actually hilarious. I can't believe we are arguing the merits of the wording. The fact that this is even a question is disheartening and makes me lose complete faith in humanity. If people would stop and think about how things can affect people outside of themselves, perhaps more people would be wearing poppies.

Braindead thread.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    LOL this is actually hilarious. I can't believe we are arguing the merits of the wording. The fact that this is even a question is disheartening and makes me lose complete faith in humanity. If people would stop and think about how things can affect people outside of themselves, perhaps more people would be wearing poppies.

Braindead thread.
    Language and the interpretation of language is pretty important for humans. Thanks for your contribution though.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    It's weird to walk into this thread to see people in support of xenophobia and ethnocentrism under the veil of rallying against enemies of free speech. This thread is people merely attaching your personal beliefs to a topic that meet tangentially. Posting with an agenda.

You may have the right to say whatever you want, but people also have the right to respond as they see fit. Actions have consequences. I feel bad for people that feel as though social justice is ruining their lives, that this cancel culture, mob mentality is somehow new, and not a staple of human nature. The only difference is that now with social platforms, people have a greater reach in which to voice their opinions. Shame serves an incredibly powerful and important role in our society. Without shame or consequences, how would people know right from wrong? That it's not okay to be racist. That it's wrong to rob, murder, pillage, rape?

I'm sorry that you feel displaced by a world that has evolved and grown in a way that is now completely foreign to you. It's difficult to break from the beliefs and values that are at the core of who you are. It's why people participate in identity politics, why you felt the need to bring politics into a discussion about xenophobia. So I understand why you feel the need to double down, that everyone else is wrong rather than admit to yourself that you no longer belong. It's at the crux of white supremacy, that's why you have mobs chanting "You will not replace us!". It comes from that same place; the world view that maligned groups no longer have a place, that their voices are being extinguished by "leftists", doomed to extinction by a rising tide of colour. No one wants to be a dinosaur.

I hope that you get help if you need it...to not live your life with hatred and vitriol because that kind of thing festers into something thick inside you.
    Another well written post. Very nicely put. Who knew there were so many good writers on this site (aside from the dobber staff of course). It is worth reading through all these posts when you find a few gems.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I wrote this in a private forum in response to someone referring to Don Cherry as a 'dinosaur' in addition to all the SJW rhetoric. I am just going to copy it in full here:

If respecting and honouring Canadian Veterans makes you a dinosaur, then I guess I am one.

This insane Cancel Culture BS is creating an atmosphere of intimidation and fear in our country (and all of the West). Many of the people decrying Don Cherry more than likely voted for Trudeau last month. Wearing blackface more times than he can remember, kicking women out of the Cabinet because they don't toe the fake feminist line he pushes, and ethics violations are just fine with the SJW Leftist mob, but Don Cherry is a bigot because he is calling out people for not being aware or even interested in acknowledging the unbelievable sacrifices that our veterans have made and continue to make.

In my opinion this is "White Guilt" - the idea that Caucasians and the West are responsible for all the evil in the world while greedily exploiting the coloured folk (apparently democracy, human rights, medicine and educational systems are a blight on the globe) - and therefore they have to make up for it by pointing at other white people and calling them bad, which at the same time highlights the fact that they are one of the good ones. "See? I'm so anti-racist that I hate white people! I'm so virtuous! Not like those OTHER white people, they're the bad ones."

Additionally, if you are a "Person of Colour" (apparently that's what they've decided to call us now - it's better than "visible minority") who does not feel oppressed, does not have a resentment towards Caucasians or blame them for all your problems, you are out of the club. These leftist SJW's consider "minorities" inferior oppressed folk who are helpless and just don't know what's good for us - therefore we need custodians and shepherds to protect us and keep us in line when we start thinking for ourselves. If we aren't offended, they'll be offended for us whether we like it or not. And lucky for us, THEY KNOW WHAT WE NEED.

Both of my parents are immigrants to this country (I was born here) and they are in full agreement with Don, as am I. But that means they're out of the club and bad. Those immigrants' opinions don't count. Because.

And I'll leave you with this. Remember this next year you racist pigs, laying a wreath on Remembrance Day is just wrong and bigoted:

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/ubc-professor-...mony-1.4681008
    You are a lost cause for sure

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    It's weird to walk into this thread to see people in support of xenophobia and ethnocentrism under the veil of rallying against enemies of free speech. This thread is people merely attaching your personal beliefs to a topic that meet tangentially. Posting with an agenda.

You may have the right to say whatever you want, but people also have the right to respond as they see fit. Actions have consequences. I feel bad for people that feel as though social justice is ruining their lives, that this cancel culture, mob mentality is somehow new, and not a staple of human nature. The only difference is that now with social platforms, people have a greater reach in which to voice their opinions. Shame serves an incredibly powerful and important role in our society. Without shame or consequences, how would people know right from wrong? That it's not okay to be racist. That it's wrong to rob, murder, pillage, rape?

I'm sorry that you feel displaced by a world that has evolved and grown in a way that is now completely foreign to you. It's difficult to break from the beliefs and values that are at the core of who you are. It's why people participate in identity politics, why you felt the need to bring politics into a discussion about xenophobia. So I understand why you feel the need to double down, that everyone else is wrong rather than admit to yourself that you no longer belong. It's at the crux of white supremacy, that's why you have mobs chanting "You will not replace us!". It comes from that same place; the world view that maligned groups no longer have a place, that their voices are being extinguished by "leftists", doomed to extinction by a rising tide of colour. No one wants to be a dinosaur.

I hope that you get help if you need it...to not live your life with hatred and vitriol because that kind of thing festers into something thick inside you.
    Well done, sir. I'm sure wonko, doulos, & rylant were tripping over themselves to rep this contribution.

Having said that, I didn't see one conservative in here contributing "hate" or "vitriol." None of them should be conflated with "white supremacy" either.
    Pure fiction.

As for "not belonging," I think you might want to have a look at who the President of the United States is.
    And who voted him in.
    And who will vote him in again next year, God willing.
    Also maybe look at who won the popular vote in Canada.
    Plenty of conservatives remain.
    They very much "belong" despite the SJW mob trying desperately to silence them.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Well done, sir. I'm sure wonko, doulos, & rylant were tripping over themselves to rep this contribution.

Having said that, I didn't see one conservative in here contributing "hate" or "vitriol." None of them should be conflated with "white supremacy" either.
    Pure fiction.

As for "not belonging," I think you might want to have a look at who the President of the United States is.
    And who voted him in.
    And who will vote him in again next year, God willing.
    Also maybe look at who won the popular vote in Canada.
    Plenty of conservatives remain.
    They very much "belong" despite the SJW mob trying desperately to silence them.
    For somebody who brings God into the discussion so often, you're sure not very Christ-like.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Capture.JPG What acting "Christ-like" will get you these days.

Dobber Sports Star

Nice deflection

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Nice deflection

Jesus answered him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.”

> John 13:7

There, happy?

Dobber Sports Pro

Jesus answered him, “What I am doing you do not understand now, but afterward you will understand.”

There, happy?

What a perfectly condescending quote

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Sure, sure. Might as well get your jabs in before the thread gets locked. Atta boy.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

For somebody who brings God into the discussion so often, you're sure not very Christ-like.
    Nice deflection

There, happy?

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    'Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for...' Matthew 7:7