Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Don Cherry no longer with Coach's Corner

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Don Cherry no longer with Coach's Corner

Typical left concentrate on one thing out of my statement instead of addressing the meat of it.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Typical left concentrate on one thing out of my statement instead of addressing the meat of it.
    Canada and the US both seem to be in viscous battles between the left and the right these days, but I think the real division line isn't between left and right; it's between reasonable people and unreasonable people. There are plenty of both on each side, but the unreasonable type can't accept that, so they call names and spew hate at the other side in the form of blanket, sweeping statements.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

https://twitter.com/kylefredrickson/...778115589?s=21

Nice to see Kadri, another Canadian born citizen like myself as a result of immigrant parents, finding the logical middle ground in the whole story.
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Titan

It's easy to walk back a comment of what Cherry said really. Glad he came out and tried to explain his wording. But I personally can't see he meant "everybody in Canada not wearing a poppy", I personally think he was referring to immigrants. However, it's a personal opinion at this point for me. Only because he wouldn't apologize for what he said, but tried to say he didn't mean immigrants? I don't get why he wouldn't go on air, or tweet, some for of the explanation to try and keep his job. But it's over now.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's easy to walk back a comment of what Cherry said really. Glad he came out and tried to explain his wording. But I personally can't see he meant "everybody in Canada not wearing a poppy", I personally think he was referring to immigrants. However, it's a personal opinion at this point for me. Only because he wouldn't apologize for what he said, but tried to say he didn't mean immigrants? I don't get why he wouldn't go on air, or tweet, some for of the explanation to try and keep his job. But it's over now.
    Did you not read the link I shared about his interview? Sportsnet wouldnt let him go on air to apologize and they wanted to change how Coaches Corner was run. He didnt want to do that. And he DID go on air to explain his side. What do you think he was doing on CTV?

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/don-cherr...-him-1.4682055

"I volunteered to apologize but it wasn't enough. I can't tell you what they asked me to do after that but I said I wouldn't do it."

"I can see how it hurt some people, I can really see it."

Cherry said if he agreed to the demands from Sportsnet in the wake of his comments, he would not have been fired.

"I would rather go out on a high. I never back down."

Cherry called the last few days "surreal" and said he thinks the whole situation could have been “smoothed over."

"We could have worked something out Saturday but they didn't want anything to do with that."
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Did you not read the link I shared about his interview? Sportsnet wouldnt let him go on air to apologize and they wanted to change how Coaches Corner was run. He didnt want to do that. And he DID go on air to explain his side. What do you think he was doing on CTV?
    There's been like 10,045 links posted, can't see and read every single one otherwise no work would be done.

After reading it, "SN would let him apologize on air if he agreed on things and he didn't want to do that" is the correct way to say it. Not "SN wouldn't...". Anyways, he had his opportunity to stay on TV and he chose his morals. Guess it's the end of the story.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

I suspect Don wanted to say "Sorry people were upset at what I said." and Sportsnet wanted him to say "What I said was wrong and I am sorry I said it" One is a true apology, and the other is not. However, that's just a guess, and we'll never know the truth.

Dobber Sports Pro

Wow, Cherry does an interview with Tucker Carlson?
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl...3dP?li=AAggNb9

That tells me all I need to know what kind of ******* Cherry really is if you think its wise to plead your case with Tucker Carlson...

Dobber Sports Pro

That tells me all I need to know what kind of ******* Cherry really is if you think its wise to plead your case with Tucker Carlson...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Should someone else be losing their job? Where is the outrage on her comments?? I don't understand how it isn't receiving as much backlash as Cherry;s comments. Cherry at least had a positive point behind his.

2:30 to about 4:00 of this video.

https://www.ctv.ca/TheSocial/Video/S...019-vid1761957

She calls out every hockey family??

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Should someone else be losing their job? Where is the outrage on her comments??

https://www.ctv.ca/TheSocial/Video/S...019-vid1761957

She calls out every hockey family??
    I'm not watching the whole episode but if that's really how you feel you should find ways to get the message to her employer.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm not watching the whole episode but if that's really how you feel you should find ways to get the message to her employer.
    2:30 to 4:00.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post

Apparently anybody who has a problem with what Cherry said is a Fascist. Thanks for that wonderful commentary Tucker. It appears the majority of Canada is fascist now.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

Guys, Sportsnet wanted cherry to leave. They could have chosen any moment to do it but chose this one. That’s it. People have said worse, including cherry and kept their jobs in media. Rogers just decided to do it here. It’s not the worst thing he’s ever said but that doesn’t matter. What matters is what the Rogers board wanted and this is what they wanted. Employers always get what they want, either with or without litigation, but outside unionized environments and a pro-reinstatement labour board, employers get what they want. They want someone out, he’s out; no matter whether the reason is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Apparently anybody who has a problem with what Cherry said is a Fascist. Thanks for that wonderful commentary Tucker. It appears the majority of Canada is fascist now.
    Easy on the majority.... I am going to guess it was more like the recent federal election... the popular vote lost out again!