Thread: Deal: Nash/Ryder/Keith For D.Sedin/Miettinen/Nides

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Deal: Nash/Ryder/Keith For D.Sedin/Miettinen/Nides

I had this trade proposed to me and think it\'s a damn fair deal, and since I got I am a big Nash fan and actually like him over Sedin I am strongly considering pulling the trigger, my finger is actually on the trigger so to speak.

Could be Nash\'s best season and could top 70 or 75 points for the first time.

Also, while many may consider this to be a downgrade on defense for me, I happen to think Niedermayer is on the decline and won\'t put up 50 points again but more like 40ish and yes will still have alot of PPP. Keith has a ton of upside and is of course on the rise, right now he leads the league in ice-time (over guys like Lidstrom, Phaneuf, Chara) , he will get solid PPP with Campbell and some decent PIM.

And I see Ryder as quite an upgrade over Miettinen who I picked up for a couple ames and should flame out soon while Ryder should be consistant for 60 points and would be my third RW.

Pull the trigger to shake things up for a star in Nash and young stud d-men or stay with the sure thing in Sedin and old man Nieds??
    Yahoo Fantasy - Points Only(One Year), 11 Teams
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG , W, SHO

C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    RW: Doan, Hornqvist
    LW: Marleau, Nash, Parise
    UTL: C.Stewart
    BN: Horton
    D: Lidstrom, Streit, Myers

G: Miller, Lundqvist, Theodore

Dobber Sports Genius

You\'ve outlined the scenario very clearly. Really the question is how many productive seasons do you get out of Nash? How many productive seasons do you get out of D. Sedin & Neidermayer? Weigh that against the fact that you get to race Sedin/Neidermayer this year, or Nash over the long haul.

Nash & Sedin should both be good for the next 5 years. You can hope for more from Nash. You can also hope Nash goes elite. I don\'t think Sedin has had his career year yet either.

Ryder. I\'m off the fence watching, rather than on the fence with him now.

Keith. Interesting kid. With the other personalities in Chicago, I can\'t really see him getting more points than he is achieving right now.

Miettinen. I grabbed him the other day on a waiver too. It\'s pretty foolish to think he\'s anything.

Neidermayer. Well, he can change his mind some more yet, and play a number of seasons at a very productive level. His retirement is really the key to this deal.

Miettinen/Ryder - slightly Ryder - probably doesn\'t matter

Nash/D. Sedin - Nash. Although Sedin consistently outscores him to this point, you\'ve got to think the equation is going to start leaning towards Nash.

Neidermayer/Keith - Neidermayer. Keith is pretty common to this point and I don\'t really see that changing. A season of Neidermayer is worth a Keith.

Small edge to D. Sedin & Neidermayer. A 90-100 point Nash swings the deal the other way!

Dobber Sports Sophomore

JHM wrote:
    You\'ve outlined the scenario very clearly. Really the question is how many productive seasons do you get out of Nash? How many productive seasons do you get out of D. Sedin & Neidermayer? Weigh that against the fact that you get to race Sedin/Neidermayer this year, or Nash over the long haul.

Nash & Sedin should both be good for the next 5 years. You can hope for more from Nash. You can also hope Nash goes elite. I don\'t think Sedin has had his career year yet either.

Ryder. I\'m off the fence watching, rather than on the fence with him now.

Keith. Interesting kid. With the other personalities in Chicago, I can\'t really see him getting more points than he is achieving right now.

Miettinen. I grabbed him the other day on a waiver too. It\'s pretty foolish to think he\'s anything.

Neidermayer. Well, he can change his mind some more yet, and play a number of seasons at a very productive level. His retirement is really the key to this deal.

Miettinen/Ryder - slightly Ryder - probably doesn\'t matter

Nash/D. Sedin - Nash. Although Sedin consistently outscores him to this point, you\'ve got to think the equation is going to start leaning towards Nash.

Neidermayer/Keith - Neidermayer. Keith is pretty common to this point and I don\'t really see that changing. A season of Neidermayer is worth a Keith.

Small edge to D. Sedin & Neidermayer. A 90-100 point Nash swings the deal the other way!

Okay dude thanks for all the advice but it\'s not accurate due to one major reason. You speak of this deal as if it\'s a keeper league, which it is not. I have never been in a keep league. It\'s a one year points only pool.
    So based on that who does better THIS season, I have to say Nash, definitely Ryder who I think you underestimate a little as he is playing with good players and back under his old coach when he was successful. And I think Nieds and Keith can actually be pretty close.

Does this new info change your thoughts at all??
    Yahoo Fantasy - Points Only(One Year), 11 Teams
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG , W, SHO

C: Getzlaf, Backstrom
    RW: Doan, Hornqvist
    LW: Marleau, Nash, Parise
    UTL: C.Stewart
    BN: Horton
    D: Lidstrom, Streit, Myers

G: Miller, Lundqvist, Theodore

Dobber Sports Genius

One year.

- Nash should win on extended stats versus Sedin. Sedin will get more than 30 goals though. This should be a pretty good battle though.
    - Ryder should defeat Miettinen. A good chance this is a handy Ryder victory.
    - Neidermayer, well I like him 20 points better than Keith. I figure he\'s safe at 50 and wonder if he can push higher. Granted, Neidermayer was on pace for about 45 points last year and he\'s had an average start.

Did some more research here. Keith was +30 last year. Just exactly how anyone managed a +30 in Chicago last year has me completely amazed. Datsyuk needs to dust off the trophy and give it to Keith. +30 in Chicago is far more amazing than +41 in Detroit.

I wouldn\'t count on Keith managing to repeat that amazing stat again.