Thread: Dynasty League Trade Offer

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Dynasty League Trade Offer

Just got offered a trade in my dynasty league (settings in Sig) and was curious to hear people's thoughts on who I'd be receiving.

His Kappo Kahkonen and Ryan Merkley for
    My Charlie McAvoy

My questions:
    Does Merkley sort out his attitude issues in the Sharks system?
    Is Kahkonen the defacto heir apparent, and will the Wild be basement dwellers when he takes the reins?
    Is McAvoy ever going to truly be worth owning as a top level fantasy D-man?

Thanks in advance! Will rep
    Fantrax 14 Team Dynasty H2H Points League
    3C 3LW 3RW 6D 2G 11bench 15minors
    G A SoG PPP SHP Hits Blks HT
    W Saves GA SHO

C: Horvat, W Karlsson, White, J. Hughes, Little
    LW: Gaudreau, Kreider, Hintz, Forsberg
    RW: Burakovski, Virtanen
    LW/RW: Bjorkstrand, Svechnikov, Burakovsky, Farabee, Greenway
    D: Pulock, Dumba, Heiskanen, Fowler, Murray, Murphy, Dunn, Grzelcyk, Pelech
    G: Hutton, Kinkaid, Merzlikins
    Farm Highlights: Batherson, Puistola, Koivula , Tippett, Madden, Dobson, Sandin, Rasmussen, L Brown, Nedeljkovic, Mahura, Capobianco, N Robertson, , Rafferty, Alexeyev
    Picks: 2020- 2x Rd 1, 1x Rd 3

Full rebuild mode after inheriting a dumpster fire...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Dynasty League Trade Offer

It's a no from me, Merkley has serious questions that no one outside of the Sharks organization will really know if he's likely to sort them out and make the big leagues. Even if he does, what's his upside with Burns (albeit old) but also Karlsson infront of him. At least it's only one player ahead of McAvoy. Perhaps Merkley if everything goes to plan, he might have a better fantasy relevance - but that's a massive if.

Goalies are voodoo, no one knows if he'll be good, he's adjusted decently to north america but I don't see him being that big of a factor to topple McAvoys already low floor high ceiling.
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You need to treat this as a one for one, because Merkley is all risk, with almost no shot at reward, and he's being seen as poison in multiple places. If he gets his head screwed on right, he has plenty of other obstacles to overcome.

I wouldn't move McAvoy for Kappo Kahkonen.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for talking me off the ledge, guys! It's easy to get enamoured with Merkley's kind of junior production. I'm also really not confident in McAvoy's fantasy upside, even if Krug walks next year. His underlying PP numbers are atrocious, and he can't seem to crest the 2 shot per game hump...

I might counter! He also has Boqvist, and Byram

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Mmasked View Post
    Thanks for talking me off the ledge, guys! It's easy to get enamoured with Merkley's kind of junior production. I'm also really not confident in McAvoy's fantasy upside, even if Krug walks next year. His underlying PP numbers are atrocious, and he can't seem to crest the 2 shot per game hump...

I might counter! He also has Boqvist, and Byram
    Those guys don't have the same kind of red flags that Merkley has, so that makes it a lot more palatable.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.