Thread: Jesse PUjlaarvi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jesse PUjlaarvi

Does anyone see him playing in the nhl this year? I have a spot on my roster to pick him as he is on waivers..hoping he could contribute at some point this year. Any thoughts?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Jesse PUjlaarvi

I wouldn't waste a spot on him. There's probably other rookies on the wire with more likelihood to produce this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Hard to say. If you believe the rumor mill, theres a few teams that are interested, but whether they will actually deal for him is yet to be determined. Holland has already shown he's not afraid to play hardball with Puljujarvi and wont just give him away or that would have already happened by now. We'll know one way or the other in no later than a month. That is the one definite thing.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

If you pick him up, worst case scenario is your drop him if he hasn't come over by December (as is hence ineligible for rest of season).

Question is difficult to answer since we don't know how competitive your team is, what your keeper rules are, etc.

Dobber Sports Icon

My guess is Holland doesn’t trade him before Dec 1st so he spends the year in Finland. This is Holland, after all, who was extremely patient letting Red Wings prospects mature for YEARS in the minors... and it worked. And Puljujarvi is 21, and just starting to gain a ton of confidence. For all we know Holland and the coaching staff will convince him to give the Oilers another go, and he ends up back there next year after dominating the SEL and then the Worlds.

That said, if you have a free roster spot, keep him as either way we’ll know by Dec 1st when his window to return to the NHL for this year will close. If the Oilers get an offer that includes some D help, or a solid draft pick, they make take it (eg Canes or Sens, respectively, are my bets).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    My guess is Holland doesn’t trade him before Dec 1st so he spends the year in Finland. This is Holland, after all, who was extremely patient letting Red Wings prospects mature for YEARS in the minors... and it worked. And Puljujarvi is 21, and just starting to gain a ton of confidence. For all we know Holland and the coaching staff will convince him to give the Oilers another go, and he ends up back there next year after dominating the SEL and then the Worlds.

That said, if you have a free roster spot, keep him as either way we’ll know by Dec 1st when his window to return to the NHL for this year will close. If the Oilers get an offer that includes some D help, or a solid draft pick, they make take it (eg Canes or Sens, respectively, are my bets).
    I traded for him (Alex Nylander) but it’s more for next few years . I still believe he’ll be useful somewhere but likely not this year .IMO
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23