Thread: Rank these possible PP1 D-men to target

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rank these possible PP1 D-men to target

All of these D-men are currently on, or have recently spent time on PP1 on their team this season. How would you rank them, based on points potential, and likelihood to keep their PP1 jobs this season?

Toews
    DeAngelo
    Pionk
    Vatanen
    Girard
    Hronek

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Rank these possible PP1 D-men to target

Hronek
    DeAngelo
    Girard

Toews
    Pionk
    Vantanen

The first three are in my opinion the most talented and the ranking is subject to opportunity.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

This is how I'd rank them:

Hronek - I think he is legitimately the best dman on the team. He isn't in danger of losing the PP1 spot.

Girard - He seems to be alternating early on with Makar on PP1, which as a Girard owner is the best I could have hoped for. I don't see much changing. Makar is extremely skilled, but Girard is relatively-speaking more experienced so I think both will continue to get opportunities all season long.

DeAngelo - He is producing and has been on and off the PP1 spot, but truthfully I'm not sure if he can continue to outplay Trouba (given Trouba's contract, seniority, etc.)

Toews - He's been on and off PP1, but Leddy is looking renewed this season, at least early on. Pulock is also in the mix, so I don't know how reliable Toews will be long-term.

Pionk - On and off with Morrissey, and until Byfuglien officially retires, I have my doubts that he is worth owning.

Vatanen - This one I really don't understand. Subban is far more talented and has that massive contract. I'd have to check, but I think Butcher is still hurt, so that helps Vatanen. That said, I don't like Vatanen long-term. Too much competition.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post

Hronek - I think he is legitimately the best dman on the team. He isn't in danger of losing the PP1 spot.

Girard - He seems to be alternating early on with Makar on PP1, which as a Girard owner is the best I could have hoped for. I don't see much changing. Makar is extremely skilled, but Girard is relatively-speaking more experienced so I think both will continue to get opportunities all season long.

DeAngelo - He is producing and has been on and off the PP1 spot, but truthfully I'm not sure if he can continue to outplay Trouba (given Trouba's contract, seniority, etc.)

Toews - He's been on and off PP1, but Leddy is looking renewed this season, at least early on. Pulock is also in the mix, so I don't know how reliable Toews will be long-term.

Pionk - On and off with Morrissey, and until Byfuglien officially retires, I have my doubts that he is worth owning.

Vatanen - This one I really don't understand. Subban is far more talented and has that massive contract. I'd have to check, but I think Butcher is still hurt, so that helps Vatanen. That said, I don't like Vatanen long-term. Too much competition.

^This is an awesome list with great backing.
    I agree with the full order and all points for a keeper.
    In a 1-year league, and as a Makar owner, I might give a slight bump to Girard over Hronek for THIS YEAR... because COL's PP is so deadly whereas Detroit's is not.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^This is an awesome list with great backing.
    I agree with the full order and all points for a keeper.
    In a 1-year league, and as a Makar owner, I might give a slight bump to Girard over Hronek for THIS YEAR... because COL's PP is so deadly whereas Detroit's is not.
    I can't really disagree with this. It could honestly go either way by season's end, but I certainly can't fault anyone for ranking Girard ahead of Hronek for the reason you mention.

Early on, Hronek has 6 pts in 12 games, with two PP points.
    Girard has 5 pts in 11 games, with two PP points.

Virtually identical numbers so far for these two.

Colorado is an offensive force, though a bit less so with Rantanen on the shelf for 6-8 weeks. If Girard maintains his position of sharing the PP1 spot with Makar, I think he continues his current production and finishes with 38-42 pts. That said, if the team starts to use Girard more regularly on the top unit, then he could be closer to 50 pts. Makar is really good, though, so I don't see that happening.

Detroit's PP is currently ranked 24th in the league. They are also only 27th overall in goals scored. Detroit is a team on the rise with Larkin and Mantha, and I want to believe those numbers will improve as the season progresses, but I'm not entirely sure if that will happen. Conservatively, I think Hronek is likely to finish the season on his current pace of around 40 pts. He will get more opportunity than Girard, but Detroit will likely remain a bottom team (offensively-speaking).

No matter what, I think these two will be close by season's end, unless either succumbs to an injury. I could see them finish within 5 pts of each other by season's end.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post

Great analysis, thanks for your insight!!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hronek stands out of the bunch as the most solid PP1 guy for his team.