Thread: Roberto Luongo

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Roberto Luongo

i point at the donut - i get the donut.

case closed.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Roberto Luongo

Hah hah touche.

I never order anything fancy so I guess I\'m pretty safe, but my wife\'s order gets messed up probably a third of the time at Tim\'s.

The Wolverine

Default Roberto Luongo

This is a great Luongo discussion lol!

I wonder what\'s his favourite doughnut? Maybe crazynucker can find out.

Back to Luongo and trading, since we are in that section, what do you think of this deal that was rejected (he didn\'t give me a reason). I actually tried to make it fair:

(and so you know, I offered this trade BEFORE I read this thread)

I give: Luongo, Satan, Visnovsky
    I receive: Price, Alfredsson, Liles

10 team roto: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Rosters: 2C,2L,2R,1W,5D,2G,6BN

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Roberto Luongo

I don\'t like that deal for you - I think it\'s a blessing in disguise that it was rejected.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Roberto Luongo

An interesting trade offer to be sure. I think the big kicker is that Satan is so line partner sensitive that he could easily fall off the map.

I\'m not sure if I was the Price owner if I would do this deal either.

The Wolverine

Default Roberto Luongo

repenttokyo wrote:
    I don\'t like that deal for you - I think it\'s a blessing in disguise that it was rejected.
    I can see benefits to both sides. But it didn\'t matter too much who \'won\' the trade. I am a Flames fan (yes, I admit it), so wanted rid of my Canucks and Oilers. And Satan would spend more time on the bench since he\'s my #3 RW (well unless Selanne doesn\'t snap out of it soon) and would spend more time on the bench (there\'s an 82 game max).

Though, it probably had to do with Satan, as you mentioned doulos. I figured offering a better goalie and defenseman would entice him along with Satan\'s potential but obviously not what we wants.

Oh well, will try again.

Banned

Default Roberto Luongo

Let\'s get back to the Tim Hortons discussion

I hate Tim Horton\'s with all my heart. I think it\'s most ridiculous that when I go to work the line ups at the drive thru for TH are extremely long. Not sure about DD as I live in Canada.

Why not make your own cup of coffee at home, saves you money, saves you anger of waiting in line and dealing with ******ed people that have to screw up your order, and most of all it saves you time!

I don\'t understand people that go to Timmie\'s 1st thing in the morning, or the people that go there multiple times a day, or the people that get a xtra large and microwave the backwash 4 times in the day.

Not to mention, that donuts are one of the most disgusting things one could eat. Who likes chewing on dough :S

Seriously,

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!

It really is no suprise to me why North Americans are obesed(not sure of the spelling), as compared to Europeans. But that\'s a story for another day.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default Roberto Luongo

Dutch wrote:
    Let\'s get back to the Tim Hortons discussion

I hate Tim Horton\'s with all my heart. I think it\'s most ridiculous that when I go to work the line ups at the drive thru for TH are extremely long. Not sure about DD as I live in Canada.

Why not make your own cup of coffee at home, saves you money, saves you anger of waiting in line and dealing with ******ed people that have to screw up your order, and most of all it saves you time!

I don\'t understand people that go to Timmie\'s 1st thing in the morning, or the people that go there multiple times a day, or the people that get a xtra large and microwave the backwash 4 times in the day.
    haha, i do that!!!

you\'re obviously not giving credit to the crack they put in their coffee.

i am a coffee snob when it comes to making my own, and i never buy from starbucks, 2nd cup, etc. but for some reason, that timmies joe has got me hooked.

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Roberto Luongo

Dutch wrote:

Not to mention, that donuts are one of the most disgusting things one could eat. Who likes chewing on dough :S
    it\'s fried dough dude. just like bread is baked dough. do you hate bread?

European obesity rates are also catching up to North America.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Roberto Luongo

horrorfan wrote:
    I am a Flames fan (yes, I admit it), so wanted rid of my Canucks and Oilers.
    Interesting strategy. As an Oiler fan I try and trade away Oiler players as I find I have the least amount of objectivity when it comes to them.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Roberto Luongo

horrorfan wrote:
    This is a great Luongo discussion lol!

I wonder what\'s his favourite doughnut? Maybe crazynucker can find out.

Back to Luongo and trading, since we are in that section, what do you think of this deal that was rejected (he didn\'t give me a reason). I actually tried to make it fair:

(and so you know, I offered this trade BEFORE I read this thread)

I give: Luongo, Satan, Visnovsky
    I receive: Price, Alfredsson, Liles

10 team roto: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Rosters: 2C,2L,2R,1W,5D,2G,6BN
    All depends on Alfie. If Alfie is healthy, I like the deal for you. Price could end up having a better season than Luongo (and this assumes he\'s not suffering some phantom hand injury, as has been alleged here).
    There is only one nation ... LEAFS NATION.