Thread: Niederreiter For Koskinen?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Niederreiter For Koskinen?

Should I trade Niederreiter for koskinen? So far I’m losing 3 of the 4 goalie categories in the first matchup. We keep all players. And which prospect should I drop, so I can take Point off IR? Yamamoto, Barre-Boulet, Heponiemi, A.Boqvist, Shesterkin, Petersen.
    Head-to-Head/ yahoo/ 16 teams/ dynasty league

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(G), (A), (PIM), (PPP), (SOG), (HIT), (BLK)

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Niederreiter For Koskinen?

Niederreiter for Koskinen is an awful idea - I think Crosby for Samsonov would be a better idea than that, and that's clearly not a good idea.

Don't drop either of the goalies if a guy like Koskinen can carry that much value.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

Don't over react to week 1. You have two very good goalies. Koskinen is not an upgrade to your goalie stats over the long run. I'm a no on this trade.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:
    B. Burns, J. Klingberg, R. Josi, J. Slavin

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    Don't over react to week 1. You have two very good goalies. Koskinen is not an upgrade to your goalie stats over the long run. I'm a no on this trade.
    My goalies are Andersen, Markstrom, Jarry, Nilsson, Shesterkin, Petersen. If Andersen or Markstrom get injured there’s only a handful of free agent backups. You guys don’t think the oilers are improved with James Neal?

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Hard to say without knowing league details and your team. Who are the free agent back ups?

In a league where Jarry is your third best goalie, I might not hate it depending on your forward depth. But then again, is Jarry behind an injury-prone Murray that much of a downgrade from Koskinen? I understand wanting a little more security, but I wouldn't rush into it. Neither Andersen or Markstrom are injured yet and you shouldn't overreact to one week, particularly the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty Mittens View Post
    My goalies are Andersen, Markstrom, Jarry, Nilsson, Shesterkin, Petersen. If Andersen or Markstrom get injured there’s only a handful of free agent backups. You guys don’t think the oilers are improved with James Neal?
    Neal will help the Oilers power play. He'll be a liability at even strength. I don't see him helping any goalie stats, except wins.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

I presumed it was your league in signature with binnington and bobrovsky.

James Neal alone is not going to save the oilers, and I'm an Oiler fan. They still have defensive problems and one of their top guys is out long term. The wheels could fall off the bus very quickly plus they are probably in more of a split situation with Smith. Koskinen also has issues with his game. He's still not really an upgrade on what you have imo.
    Set roster weekly in H2H (Mon to Sun) - 16 Teams - start 6F, 3D, and 1G per week - Keep 2

Points: 2 G / 2 A / 1 PPG / 1 PPA / 1 Hat Trick / 1 SHG / 1 SHA / 1 GWG - 3 Goalie Win / 2 Goalie Loss in SO or OT / 5 goalie SO

Forwards:
    C. McDavid, N. Kucherov, R. O'Reilly, J. Schwartz, J. Toews, J. Huberdeau, T. Toffoli, M. Granlund

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yes do this. Adding a solid 3rd goalie for a forward that may or may not put up 55+pts is the right decision.

G's with starter potential are harder to acquire than 55pt forwards. There will be a handful of breakout players off thew wire that put up Nino-level stats...

Adding a G to shore up G stats - without giving up one is smart. If you were posting should I trade Bob for Koskinen - then I'd agree with the posters above.

I do this deal.

and I drop Barre-Boulet to bring back Point
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Here is my 2 cents and I am an Oilers fan. I don't think the trade is horrible. Koskinen is not going to be a saviour to your goalies but he will help them out. With the goalies you listed your league must be deep to roster someone like Jarry so there is nothing wrong having a 3rd goalie who is going to split time on a team that seems like it is going places. I say make the trade.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Yes do this. Adding a solid 3rd goalie for a forward that may or may not put up 55+pts is the right decision.

G's with starter potential are harder to acquire than 55pt forwards. There will be a handful of breakout players off thew wire that put up Nino-level stats...

Adding a G to shore up G stats - without giving up one is smart. If you were posting should I trade Bob for Koskinen - then I'd agree with the posters above.

I do this deal.

and I drop Barre-Boulet to bring back Point
    I don’t think there will be many nino level players off the wire. 16 teams i think. 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2G, a few bnch spots, 4 IR, 5 na.

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Padawan

I updated my sig with the proper team. Who should I trade for koskinen and smith?

C, C, C, C,
    LW, LW, LW, LW,
    RW, RW, RW, RW,
    D, D, D, D, D, D,
    G, G,
    IR, IR,
    IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+, IR+,
    NA, NA, NA, NA, NA

(W), (GAA), (SV%), (SHO)

Dobber Sports Sage

If you can get both for the handcuff I'm more on board with this idea. Nino as the main piece is fine with me if that's the case. Id start with anyone from your bench or deangelo/tanev.

Forwards:

Defense:

Goalie:
    J. Binnington

IR (2 max):

Quote Originally Posted by MZac View Post
    If you can get both for the handcuff I'm more on board with this idea. Nino as the main piece is fine with me if that's the case. Id start with anyone from your bench or deangelo/tanev.
    I agree with this. Nowhere in the OP did you mention you'd be getting Goalie - EDM, just Koskinen, who I think is the lesser half of the tandem.