Page 9 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    You know another thing that is horribly irresponsible? Misrepresenting positions of others to try to discredit them. Playing the straw man game. Again and again and again. Who in here has claimed to be a climate change denier ?
    If you aren’t a climate change denier, then I wasn’t talking to you, was I? You see, this is where you lose me. Who was I misrepresenting? Who was I trying to discredit? I asked a legitimate question of a very specific group who believes something and I am truly interested in what their answer is.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    you are doing all you can by not contributing any emissions... so like I said... go and play some hockey in your back yard and don't waste your time on the computer as a 13 year old or you will end up old and grumpy and arguing about some other issue at an age much younger than you should!
    I do play in a hockey league with other girls my age and that is a ton of fun. During the week though I am usually at home trying to avoid doing my homework on the computer and no other place than on a hockey forum.

Dobber Sports Star

Why should we believe it if our world leaders don't believe it? If it was truly an issue they would stop flying everywhere to smooze other countries... they would do it via conference call. If it was truly an issue our tax dollars should not be used to fly a PM or President anywhere... How much emissions are there from one flight over seas? And then back again....

When they beg us for our vote because of fear of climate change... and then they fly everywhere for every little thing... it makes it appear like its really not as big of issue...actions speak louder than words and scientific tests...
    A lot of those politicians who “don’t believe it” are funded by the Oil industry. Money is a powerful motivator and because of it, the petroleum industry is among the most powerful groups in the world.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Pro

Basically, there is plenty of evidence against your fear mongering....
    For example...
    https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/there...nited-nations/
    Do you fact check anything you post?

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guus_Berkhout)
    "Berkhout founded the Netherlands-based organization Climate Intelligence Foundation (CLINTEL). Mid 2019 plans of CLINTEL and Berkhout were leaked showing that they were organizing a campaign against political commitments to net zero carbon emissions being made to law. The campaign features a number of academics and industry figures with ties to climate change denial groups, as well as members from oil and gas companies.[8]

In late September 2019 the group produced an open-letter which stated that there was no climate emergency and repeated a number of claims that were inconsistent with the scientific evidence on climate.[9] A fact check performed by climate scientists for Climate Feedback gave the letter an overall scientific credibility of "very low", and tagged it as "Biased, Cherry-picking, Inaccurate, Misleading". The analysis also added that, out of the roughly 500 signatories, only 10 self-identified as climate scientists."

Dobber Sports Genius

Why should we believe it if our world leaders don't believe it? If it was truly an issue they would stop flying everywhere to smooze other countries... they would do it via conference call. If it was truly an issue our tax dollars should not be used to fly a PM or President anywhere... How much emissions are there from one flight over seas? And then back again....

When they beg us for our vote because of fear of climate change... and then they fly everywhere for every little thing... it makes it appear like its really not as big of issue...actions speak louder than words and scientific tests...
    Exactly I almost wrote that in one of my rants. Why is the green party even at these debates? They should of just video conferences in, now that would be a statement! We have the technology? In a lot of cases these lefties who are so green love to travel the world, see all the beauty and diverse cultural all the while emitting far more pollution then the average blue collar worker who mostly stays around his neck of woods. However is that accurate because the per passenger consumption isn't as much or is lower? Well true but that's assuming a full plane and even so the plane is going to still consume a lot more then car on a per trip basis. The solution for the green or left. No more non essential travel. Forget about seeing the world, explore our own beautiful country, only travel by plane in emergencies. This would force airlines to reduce the amount flights and routes they have due to overall demand. The result a greener world! Yaa! Of coarse this is being said tongue and cheek but it does show how the conversation could go if you really were that concerned about our planet.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/future-...-of-one-plane/
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/ (Occurrences of the word "crisis" = 0. Occurrences of the word "emergency" = 0). Fact checked.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yawn, typical left tactic. Try to smear the evidence presented as not credible but don't provide any real evidence to support that stance.
    And then try to antagonize.
    Right from Hillary's playbook. Well done. ;-)

Here's another link btw. Show me where the word "crisis" or "emergency" is written in here... https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
    And yet you want to cripple economies with policies based on an emergency that is non-existent?!?! To steal a phrase from Mr. Rylant... How horribly irresponsible.
    Take Care.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specia...of_1.5_%C2%B0C

(Occurrences of the word "crisis" = 0. Occurrences of the word "emergency" = 0). Fact checked.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Exactly I almost wrote that in one of my rants. Why is the green party even at these debates? They should of just video conferences in, now that would be a statement! We have the technology? In a lot of cases these lefties who are so green love to travel the world, see all the beauty and diverse cultural all the while emitting far more pollution then the average blue collar worker who mostly stays around his neck of woods. However is that accurate because the per passenger consumption isn't as much or is lower? Well true but that's assuming a full plane and even so the plane is going to still consume a lot more then car on a per trip basis. The solution for the green or left. No more non essential travel. Forget about seeing the world, explore our own beautiful country, only travel by plane in emergencies. This would force airlines to reduce the amount flights and routes they have due to overall demand. The result a greener world! Yaa! Of coarse this is being said tongue and cheek but it does show how the conversation could go if you really were that concerned about our planet.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/future-...-of-one-plane/
    I doubt you make perfect decisions in everything you do in life and could be called out for many hypocritical things as well. All of us have to make judgement calls on things every day. Sometimes we fail, and sometimes we get it right. Are suggesting that someone who believes in Climate Change should never fly in an airplane again? If so, what about driving a car? What about eating meat? What about the billion other decisions that have to constantly be made. I'd like to think that for many of us who see what's happening that we are doing what we can, and can continue to do more every day, but that none of us are perfect in this.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It’s painfully obvious than one group of people is having a discussion on legitimate issues and one group of people can only consistently devolve to attacking their perception of a political ideology. Some could say it’s a form of brainwashed by the talking points they’re consistently fed to then repeat, but who is to say.

FWIW, climate change is not a partisan issue.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I doubt you make perfect decisions in everything you do in life and could be called out for many hypocritical things as well. All of us have to make judgement calls on things every day. Sometimes we fail, and sometimes we get it right. Are suggesting that someone who believes in Climate Change should never fly in an airplane again? If so, what about driving a car? What about eating meat? What about the billion other decisions that have to constantly be made. I'd like to think that for many of us who see what's happening that we are doing what we can, and can continue to do more every day, but that none of us are perfect in this.
    This is a great point. If I am against child slave labor, does that mean I am never allowed to own an iPhone? If I am opposed to animal cruelty, am I never allowed to eat meat? If I think we are destroying our environment, am I never allowed to buy anything with plastic in it again?

What we need is well thought out plans to achieve our goals. Unfortunately, we can’t even agree on what the issue is. People are self motivated for selfish reasons and it is difficult to see what needs to be done because of biased agendas. If climate change is proven to be correct and as dire as many scientists believe, it may sadly take something drastic to happen before it is obvious as to what is happening.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    The problem is and I am not saying this to you directly, is that a lot of these people that are "doing the best they can", state they believe that the world is coming to an end in the next two decades or at the very least irreversible damage will be done if we don't do something now. If I truly believed it was that dire then yes, I would be sacrificing all the little things like eating meat, travelling by airplane, driving a care etc, in order to save our planet from sure fire doom. You can't scream that the rapture is coming then skip the Sunday service. If it's as big of deal as we are made to believe it is then you have to be all in.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Too much squeaking about climate change... perhaps the greatest threat in the history of mankind, and wouldn’t you know it? Some people are complaining too much about it. Interesting...

Rylant
    This is my point right here. " the biggest threat in the history of mankind" Holy crap, if I believed that I would be cutting everything and all things for the good of mankind.

Administrator

It really depends how passionate you are about the topic. I prefer to focus on what I can control, which is right here in my home. If I was really passionate about climate change at the global level and who is right/wrong I would get into politics myself to try and make a difference that way. It's one thing to discuss. Actions speak louder than words.

Example: I am passionate about software development and hockey so I took on this ridiculously massive Frozen Tools project to try and make a difference in getting information out to people.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

These same repeated excuses for doing nothing get a bit tired..

"Why should we do anything unless other countries that pollute more do something first?"
    "Everyone who cares about climate change/environmental issues is a hypocrite unless they are already not producing any carbon/using anything that ever involved oil"

It's obviously not possible to immediately stop when our society has been built around this stuff, it has to be a transition, and that transition will never happen if the excuses above are seen as legitimate. No one can be "all in" this second and still engage with society, not to mention the fact that the biggest polluters out there are corporations, not individuals. More, we live on a finite planet, and even if you can't get on board with pretty much all scientists everywhere on climate change it's not hard to see that polluting less will mean our children might still have clean air to breathe and water to drink..

up6yu.jpg