Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I care about my mortgage, my clothes and my dinner. I care about the economy that allows me to keep working so I can earn money towards necessities like that. Climate "crisis" is not a necessity. It's political gamesmanship based on hyperbole.
    Platform or not, I've voted for a leader who cares about facts over fiction. Moreso than the others, anyway. That's good enough for me.
    So you need a house to keep you protected from the elements, food to prevent starvation and clothes to keep you warm and looking sharp... Can't you try hard and expand that scope a little wider? You know you live on a planet, right? No planet, no mortgage.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    I guess if you don't believe in it than it isn't important to you but for a 13 year old kid who is looking forward to her future and if it is a real problem I won't have a future than it is a real big problem for me. So talk all they want about it.
    Your future will be just fine. Before you were born, another fear mongering lefty made a movie and basically said much of Florida would be under water by now. Hmmmm.
    Do you your own research from credible, non-biased sources.
    Keep your mind open and you'll realize how often you're being manipulated.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf06 View Post
    I guess if you don't believe in it than it isn't important to you but for a 13 year old kid who is looking forward to her future and if it is a real problem I won't have a future than it is a real big problem for me. So talk all they want about it.
    The squeaky wheel is going to get a LOT louder when it comes to climate change over the coming years and young people are sick and tired of nothing being done. I don't think we've seen anything yet when it comes to young people starting to really push this issue. Just wait until today's 8-16 year olds get old enough to start voting and taking other sorts of actions. The blocking of bridges, like what has happened in Canada this week, will seem tame.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Let's say their is a climate crisis, do you think Canada is the biggest offender? Lets revisit this issue when China, India and Russia get on board.
    This is such a gutless point of view that lots of people seem to share. Somebody has to step up, and negative actions of others shouldn't permit negative actions by us. If you live next door to a serial killer is it okay to kill 1 person just because it pales in comparison? It doesn't matter what everyone else is doing.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    So you need a house to keep you protected from the elements, food to prevent starvation and clothes to keep you warm and looking sharp... Can't you try hard and expand that scope a little wider? You know you live on a planet, right? No planet, no mortgage.
    There is no credible evidence that we are in a climate "crisis."
    Quite the contrary.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    People put way too much faith into negative things like ozone deteriorating and climate change... if they put that faith elsewhere I wonder what kind of Canada and world we would be living in.
    I mean, the ozone is a story of what kind of positive change can happen when society actual decides to fix an issue.

Dobber Sports Deity

Let's say their is a climate crisis, do you think Canada is the biggest offender? Lets revisit this issue when China, India and Russia get on board. For now we should be maximizing our resources so we can make our country rock solid from an infrastructure and a prosperity point of view, so when we do need to address the climate issue and our contribution, were on solid footing.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can vote for the Liberals after what Trudeau's first term has looked like, despite the hypocrisy and blatant lies he will still probably get in. It's sad. Then the other options like the Green Party who are more popular then ever are just loony toons. It's really easy for people to spew out show extreme rhetoric when they are set financially or do not have family to raise.

Reminds of Leo complaining about the Oil Sands then meeting up with the rest of his climate activist celebrities on their mega yachts. or Prince Harry having eco anxiety then flying on a plane three times a week. Give me a break.
    The fact that Trudeau is still in the race tells you that Canadians don't trust Scheer either. Sad state we're in.

I wish we had someone to vote FOR instead of trying to figure out who the worst candidate is so we don't have to vote for them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quite the contrary.
    Baqsically the scientific community completely disagrees with you, but you already know that. I guess you're just smarter than 'them there academics' because some geologist put out a youtube video.

Dobber Sports Star

Quite the contrary.
    One of the smartest people I know is a climate scientist, but I'd love to compare his point of view to the one you formed from a 30 minute Google trek. Can you share some of your truth-links?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Let's say their is a climate crisis, do you think Canada is the biggest offender? Lets revisit this issue when China, India and Russia get on board. For now we should be maximizing our resources so we can make our country rock solid from an infrastructure and a prosperity point of view, so when we do need to address the climate issue and our contribution, were on solid footing.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can vote for the Liberals after what Trudeau's first term has looked like, despite the hypocrisy and blatant lies he will still probably get in. It's sad. Then the other options like the Green Party who are more popular then ever are just loony toons. It's really easy for people to spew out show extreme rhetoric when they are set financially or do not have family to raise.

Reminds of Leo complaining about the Oil Sands then meeting up with the rest of his climate activist celebrities on their mega yachts. or Prince Harry having eco anxiety then flying on a plane three times a week. Give me a break.
    Great points!! If there was a climate crisis... shouldn't all the leaders of these countries never travel to meet with other countries... we have technology that all these in person meetings could be done electronically....

If any of the parties really believed it was an issues then they should not be flying all over the place. I am quite confident that a Plane Ride emits a whole smack load more emissions that my car driving back and forth to work.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    This is such a gutless point of view that lots of people seem to share. Somebody has to step up, and negative actions of others shouldn't permit negative actions by us. If you live next door to a serial killer is it okay to kill 1 person just because it pales in comparison? It doesn't matter what everyone else is doing.
    And this is an ad hominen attack against someone for simply pointing out reality. There's nothing gutless about stating a fact.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Baqsically the scientific community completely disagrees with you, but you already know that. I guess you're just smarter than 'them there academics' because some geologist put out a youtube video.
    He's all in for Trump and Scheer, neither of which think there's a climate crisis either.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    The fact that Trudeau is still in the race tells you that Canadians don't trust Scheer either. Sad state we're in.

I wish we had someone to vote FOR instead of trying to figure out who the worst candidate is so we don't have to vote for them.
    Yes... it really sucks that we have to vote for the 'lesser of two evils'. I guess that is what Western Politics is coming to... Trump vs Hilary.

Just be glad that that Redneck Party from Alberta didn't get enough popularity to run... I was embarrassed for that guy.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Basically, there is plenty of evidence against your fear mongering....
    For example...
    https://www.aei.org/carpe-diem/there...nited-nations/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Great points!! If there was a climate crisis... shouldn't all the leaders of these countries never travel to meet with other countries... we have technology that all these in person meetings could be done electronically....

If any of the parties really believed it was an issues then they should not be flying all over the place. I am quite confident that a Plane Ride emits a whole smack load more emissions that my car driving back and forth to work.
    The world is not that black and white, but yes, lowering the amount we all fly is one of a whole bunch of different things we do. Our family was having this discussion yesterday. We want to take the kids to Disney but flying four people across the continent seems kind of crazy given everything we know about. It's just one of the many decisions that need to be weighed on this topic. Truthfully the best thing we could all is blow our brains out and remove orsrelves from the earth from a climate perspective. But somewhere between burning tires in our backyard and committing suicide is a whole host of other options that each of us as individuals needs to come to terms with. It isn't easy or clear cut, but at least acknowledging the issue and wrestling with it is an important start.