Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It is funny that Vancouver and the Island of all places think anywhere else goes overboard on so called "temper tantrums".
    Just temper tantrums of different kinds!

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    All candidates are chosen by the party, there is no selection process with public input like there is the US, so if you don't toe the line they just boot you for someone else.
    The candidate can be kicked out of the party but he/she still has the seat in government which means that party can't really replace the individual.

Dobber Sports Icon

Those of you that are looking for a minority government as it would be best for Canada, does the minority government recently elected in BC appear to be working out?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Those of you that are looking for a minority government as it would be best for Canada, does the minority government recently elected in BC appear to be working out?
    Yes. I was living in BC at the time and no one thought it would last, and here we are over 2 years later, chugging right along. It's actually a great example of how it can work.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Well 2 things on that.

1) as doulos has pointed out, it's actually working out (for the most part) better than anyone expected.

2) the bigger issue is that minority governments are rare. the result is often governments will basically bide their time waiting for the next election in the hope of a majority. If minority governments were the norm/standard (as they should be), collaborative decision making between parties would be more common because the country would cease to function without.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The biggest problem with the Canadian election is that too many voters are lazy.
    Too lazy to spend 30 minutes researching this "climate crisis" garbage that the left keeps spewing out, for example.
    Granted, if the content out there wasn't so blatantly manipulated by people with an agenda (e.g. google), it should only take 10 minutes. But whatever, take 30 and open your eyes.

According to the paper, the last debate mentioned the word "climate" 61 times compared to 15 for economy and 14 for debt & deficit. It's certainly not surprising to see our "leaders" with their priorities so mangled beyond repair.
    And that's all I need to know about the value of these debates. i.e. completely useless
    So I don't waste my time watching them.

Worst of all, since most of the media leans left, none of them have the integrity to question any of the unsubstantiated fear mongering that's going on every single day now. The few who might want to question what's being shoved down our throats are quickly shouted down or shut down by the easily triggered and extremely vocal left.
    Twitter is now just a sewer of uninformed kids regurgitating lies that people like AOC present as facts. And the sheep swallow it all. It's gotten so bad, I actually have to listen to sports talk radio, the lowest of the low for mindless chatter.

Hey glass full though - At least Canada's left isn't (yet) putting sick children pawns on stage to cry and scream outrage at the adults who have "stolen their future." So maybe there's hope. lol

Andrew Scheer may very well be a scumbag. But he's still, by far, the best option available. Same thing with Trump 2016 and Trump 2020. Best. Available. Options.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    The biggest problem with the Canadian election is that too many voters are lazy.
    Too lazy to spend 30 minutes researching this "climate crisis" garbage that the left keeps spewing out, for example.
    Granted, if the content out there wasn't so blatantly manipulated by people with an agenda (e.g. google), it should only take 10 minutes. But whatever, take 30 and open your eyes.

According to the paper, the last debate mentioned the word "climate" 61 times compared to 15 for economy and 14 for debt & deficit. It's certainly not surprising to see our "leaders" with their priorities so mangled beyond repair.
    And that's all I need to know about the value of these debates. i.e. completely useless

Worst of all, since most of the media leans left, none of them have the integrity to question any of the unsubstantiated fear mongering that's going on every single day now. The few who might want to question what's being shoved down our throats are quickly shouted down or shut down by the easily triggered and extremely vocal left.
    Twitter is now just a sewer of uninformed kids regurgitating lies that people like AOC present as facts. And the sheep swallow it all. It's gotten so bad, I actually have to listen to sports talk radio, the lowest of the low for mindless chatter.

Hey glass full though - At least Canada's left isn't (yet) putting sick children pawns on stage to cry and scream outrage at the adults who have "stolen their future." So maybe there's hope. lol

Andrew Scheer may very well be a scumbag. But he's still, by far, the best option available. Same thing with Trump 2016 and Trump 2020. Best. Available. Options.
    Preach it Brother!!!!!

The squeaky wheel gets the grease and there is way to much squeaking going on about climate change.

I seen a good one about it the other day... Canada use to be roamed by a significant amount more buffalo than there are cattle in Canada today... so if climate change was really a huge issue... all the buffalo farts would have ruined our world already.

I also find it funny that the people that complain about climate change ruining are world are the same people complaining about vaccines being negative.

I am pretty sure some disease that was wiped out because of vaccines coming back will have a lot more significant impact in a shorter period of time then the emissions my vehicle gives off while I drive to work. Some people need to give their head a shake when it comes to what the real issues are.

Don't bring Peanut Butter to school because kids are allergic but go ahead and bring Measles to school.

Dobber Sports Deity

Well thats certainly debatable (and continues to be). We're what, less than 2 weeks from the election and he still hasn't released a platform, laying out costs. If you feel he's the best available, give'r. He's a scumbag (your words) without a platform. Feel free to vote for someone with having all the info on who/what you're voting for.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Too much squeaking about climate change... perhaps the greatest threat in the history of mankind, and wouldn’t you know it? Some people are complaining too much about it. Interesting...

Rylant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well thats certainly debatable (and continues to be). We're what, less than 2 weeks from the election and he still hasn't released a platform, laying out costs. If you feel he's the best available, give'r. He's a scumbag without a platform. Feel free to vote for someone with having all the info on who/what you're voting for.
    I care about my mortgage, my clothes and my dinner. I care about the economy that allows me to keep working so I can earn money towards necessities like that. Climate "crisis" is not a necessity. It's political gamesmanship based on hyperbole.
    Platform or not, I've voted for a leader who cares about facts over fiction. Moreso than the others, anyway. That's good enough for me.

Dobber Sports Deity

I care about my mortgage, my clothes and my dinner. I care about the economy that allows me to keep working so I can earn money towards necessities like that. Climate "crisis" is not a necessity. It's political gamesmanship based on hyperbole.
    Platform or not, I've voted for a leader who cares about facts over fiction. Moreso than the others, anyway. That's good enough for me.
    Enjoy!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I guess if you don't believe in it than it isn't important to you but for a 13 year old kid who is looking forward to her future and if it is a real problem I won't have a future than it is a real big problem for me. So talk all they want about it.

Dobber Sports Star

The funny thing about this is that you can find enough information online to support either side of the issue, so the fact that you've spent 30 minutes to form your rigid opinion shows me you just sought out some info that re-affirmed your pre-existing beliefs and called it a day. You go in with an opinion, find some facts to support it, and dig in.

It's obviously a complex issue, so the fact that you think you can get it figured out with a few google searches tells me all I need to know about the value of your opinions, but congrats, you must be smarter than all the rest of the sheep.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Too much squeaking about climate change... perhaps the greatest threat in the history of mankind, and wouldn’t you know it? Some people are complaining too much about it. Interesting...

Rylant
    People put way too much faith into negative things like ozone deteriorating and climate change... if they put that faith elsewhere I wonder what kind of Canada and world we would be living in.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Let's say their is a climate crisis, do you think Canada is the biggest offender? Lets revisit this issue when China, India and Russia get on board. For now we should be maximizing our resources so we can make our country rock solid from an infrastructure and a prosperity point of view, so when we do need to address the climate issue and our contribution, were on solid footing.

I can't for the life of me understand how anyone can vote for the Liberals after what Trudeau's first term has looked like, despite the hypocrisy and blatant lies he will still probably get in. It's sad. Then the other options like the Green Party who are more popular then ever are just loony toons. It's really easy for people to spew out show extreme rhetoric when they are set financially or do not have family to raise.

Reminds of Leo complaining about the Oil Sands then meeting up with the rest of his climate activist celebrities on their mega yachts. or Prince Harry having eco anxiety then flying on a plane three times a week. Give me a break.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky