Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Most of the "Individualists" I know bark the loudest once they end up in hard times. Because 'Hey those guys got a hand up, why not me?!" Sort of exactly like how Alberta is right now in fact.

Why are all the Individualist Albertans not saying that things as they are now is just "by the will of Zeus"? Oh because that's total bull and they know it as well.
    It's almost hard to fathom being this disingenuous and oblivious to nuance. Almost.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It's almost hard to fathom being this disingenuous and oblivious to nuance. Almost.
    Yellow fungus.

Dobber Sports Padawan

But I thought you said it was god's will. Why should they say anything at all. The sky wizard has commanded that it be so.
    I'm Agnostic, sorry to disappoint you sir.
    So using terms like "sky wizard" with specific intent to annoy me will not work.
    Go find a Christian if you want to needle someone with that kind of childishness.

The individualists who are Christian might consider it God's will.
    The ones who are not Christian will consider it to be bad luck or the result of too many liberals voting with their hearts instead of open minds.

And God Bless you. If he/she happens to be up there.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I'm Agnostic, sorry to disappoint you sir.
    So using terms like "sky wizard" with specific intent to annoy me will not work.
    Go find a Christian if you want to needle someone with that kind of childishness.

The individualists who are Christian might consider it God's will.
    The ones who are not Christian will consider it to be bad luck or the result of too liberals voting with their hearts instead of open minds.

And God Bless you. If he/she happens to be up there.
    Ah well fair enough then. Either way, with so many "individualist" Canadians who also happen to believe in an imaginary wishing creature, you would think the outcry on these issues would be quite dim. It's almost as if what you are saying either isn't true, or those people don't hold the views you think they do. Guess we don't know.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    I am talking about brackets. Most other provinces have a few in that range and the lower brackets are paying less than what people making over $100k are.

Anyways, if anyone has any more issues with me saying Albertans pay less tax, take it up with the Alberta Government, who says: Albertans across all income ranges generally pay lower overall taxes compared to other provinces

https://www.alberta.ca/personal-income-tax.aspx
    That and Alberta doesn't have a provincial sales tax (only the 5% GST)

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Yellow fungus.
    Wow... talk about taking the conversation off topic.

Just an FYI... it definitely doesn't help the credibility of your other posts when you bring up water polo or yellow fungus just randomly when it makes zero sense. Just figured I would offer up some free advice.

Ah well fair enough then. Either way, with so many "individualist" Canadians who also happen to believe in an imaginary wishing creature, you would think the outcry on these issues would be quite dim. It's almost as if what you are saying either isn't true, or those people don't hold the views you think they do. Guess we don't know.
    You pretty much admitted you were targeting a response by referring to God as a sky wizard. Another FYI... Christians will more likely hurt for you then be hurt by you when you call God names.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    That and Alberta doesn't have a provincial sales tax (only the 5% GST)
    This is huge tax savings! Huge advantage for Albertans.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Wow... talk about taking the conversation off topic.

Just an FYI... it definitely doesn't help the credibility of your other posts when you bring up water polo or yellow fungus just randomly when it makes zero sense. Just figured I would offer up some free advice.
    I am honestly just parroting his other posts where he fires off cryptic one word responses that are supposed to mean something witty or sarcastic or something. Most of the time I honestly have no idea what he is talking about. He's beyond reasoning with. I love engaging in good conversation with people like yourself. I also give up when it's clear that's not possible.

You pretty much admitted you were targeting a response by referring to God as a sky wizard. Another FYI... Christians will more likely hurt for you then be hurt by you when you call God names.
    A failing of mine. I apologize. I do tend to react poorly to discussions that revolve around how people of faith behave and what they actually believe. A result of a lifetime of bad experiences. Something I need to work on. Lowering the sarcasm factor in that regards would be helpful for me.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

He's beyond reasoning with.
    A truly hilarious post.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    A truly hilarious post.
    Brown.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Alberta represents only 15.5% of Canada's GDP. Get some perspective, Alberta is not the only place "providing for the country" and that is frankly insulting. It's an oversized share per capita, and Albertans are in general richer per capita because of it. Even factoring in taxes.

Having more money than other Canadians sounds hard, man.
    Exactly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    Considering our PM has been Conservative for 10 of the last 14 years...was from Calgary...and had a majority his last term...how was it that more for
    the West was NOT accomplished under CON rule? They had the opportunity, no?
    Well said.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ninja

This is just post-election pearl clutching anyways. Give it some time and the complaining will go back down the usual levels.

Half the country was irate that Harper was leading the country.
    Now half the country is irate that Trudeau is leading the country.

No one will be taking their ball and going home (particularly to a new country that they think is going to be created).

Dobber Sports All-Star

This is just post-election pearl clutching anyways. Give it some time and the complaining will go back down the usual levels.

Half the country was irate that Harper was leading the country.
    Now half the country is irate that Trudeau is leading the country.

No one will be taking their ball and going home (particularly to a new country that they think is going to be created).
    'Wexit' is just a method of venting. "Look at all the 'likes'!" It is like a stupid meter. Every click makes the conservatives look more and more out of touch with reality.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    'Wexit' is just a method of venting. "Look at all the 'likes'!" It is like a stupid meter. Every click makes the conservatives look more and more out of touch with reality.
    Didnt you as Twitter today? #Rednexit is now trending instead of Wexit.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    There has to be something between accepting that this is the way it is, and demanding that the West separate from Canada; can't there be something in the middle? To say that the West is under represented in Canada is a legitimate argument. The problem is, that electoral reform is really difficult, being that those currently in power obtained that power by using the current electoral system; why would they want to change it? Change can happen, but it is hard to do.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Padawan

W Another FYI... Christians will more likely hurt for you then be hurt by you when you call God names.
    Small sample size I guess, but I've known dozens of Christians throughout my life. Maybe a few hundred even.
    The above statement is absolutely true for them and, I would guess, for most Christians.

They didn't judge me or tell me that I'm going to burn in hell when I openly admit to being Agnostic. They genuinely hurt for me and pray for me.
    They would be the first people to open their homes to me if I needed it. Feed me. Help me if I needed help. Listen to me if I was distressed.

They didn't express disgust towards people they consider sinners and/or non-believers. At least the group I know doesn't. Of course, many are more vocal than that. And even judgmental in the worst examples.

They just live by a code. They live by their faith. Most of them are solid, wonderful people.
    So why would I ever mock them the way some Atheists mock them?
    It's just wrong. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.