Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    I just find it remarkable that Trudeau is still neck and neck with Scheer. I guess it's a combination of liberal hypocrisy plus an obvious distrust of Scheer from the center/undecided folks.
    It's too bad really - a clear opportunity missed for the Conservatives by allowing this (generally) unlikable fellow to rise to the top somehow.
    He got my vote, but it's sure undeniable that he rubs many people the wrong way.
    I dont know if it's Liberal hypocrisy as much as it is a dislike of Scheer by Canadians. I've said for some time that if Rhona Ambrose had stayed on as the Conservative Leader, she probably would be winning a majority govt but thats just an assumption on my part. I thought she was an excellent leader and that is the key word; leader. Not many of them in the runnning for Prime Minister right now.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

I just find it remarkable that Trudeau is still neck and neck with Scheer. I guess it's a combination of liberal hypocrisy plus an obvious distrust of Scheer from the center/undecided folks.
    It's too bad really - a clear opportunity missed for the Conservatives by allowing this (generally) unlikable fellow to rise to the top somehow.
    He got my vote, but it's sure undeniable that he rubs many people the wrong way.
    Or its a general disdain for decades of Conservative hypocrisy no matter who they trot out as their leader. You need to accept that a strong chunk of Canada won't vote conservative no matter what.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Or its a general disdain for decades of Conservative hypocrisy no matter who they trot out as their leader. You need to accept that a strong chunk of Canada won't vote conservative no matter what.
    Whats sad is that many will. Same for the Liberals.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    You need to accept that a strong chunk of Canada won't vote conservative no matter what.
    Yes, of course. Hypocritical liberals ARE that strong chunk. They'd vote for Trudeau even if he wore blackface every day.
    They're only outraged when Conservatives behave badly.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Also, the line between Liberals, NPD and Green Party is really thin, so a minority government with Liberals would be the samething than the last 4 years...
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    Also, the line between Liberals, NPD and Green Party is really thin, so a minority government with Liberals would be the samething than the last 4 years...
    I think you mean the line between the Liberals and Conservatives. They are the two who are neck and neck with the other parties trailing behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I dont know if it's Liberal hypocrisy as much as it is a dislike of Scheer by Canadians. I've said for some time that if Rhona Ambrose had stayed on as the Conservative Leader, she probably would be winning a majority govt but thats just an assumption on my part. I thought she was an excellent leader and that is the key word; leader. Not many of them in the runnning for Prime Minister right now.
    It's true, Conservatives need a charismatic leader because we are in the "selfy, good looking, social media" era.
    A lot of people won't take the time to search the parties platform, so they will vote for the leader and what media is reporting (unbiased or not)
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,

Lundkvist

Administrator

It's the same thing with sports. Some people stick by their "team" no matter what.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

It's true, Conservatives need a charismatic leader because we are in the "selfy, good looking, social media" era.
    A lot of people won't take the time to search the parties platform, so they will vote for the leader and what media is reporting (unbiased or not)
    You got that right... there is way too much we don't like Scheer or we don't like Trudeau...

What about voting for the person in your riding that is going to best represent your area... What if you don't like Scheer... but the Liberal candidate in you riding is a real pompous individual?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's the same thing with sports. Some people stick by their "team" no matter what.
    Yes. Ain't that the truth. Lets just be glad that our favourite sports teams don't determine how much tax we pay as individuals.. I would be broke cause the Flyers were careless with their money for a long period of time!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

I personally would love to see one full campaign with ZERO attack ads.

I think you mean the line between the Liberals and Conservatives. They are the two who are neck and neck with the other parties trailing behind.
    I think that the Liberal party is more progressive than what it used to be in the past (center-left?)
    It's just my personnal perception. maybe it's the "Trudeau" effect that he doesn't want to be the "bad" guy so he give our money to everyone
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

Lundkvist

Dobber Sports Deity

I think that the Liberal party is more progressive than what it used to be in the past (center-left?)
    It's just my personnal perception. maybe it's the "Trudeau" effect that he doesn't want to be the "bad" guy so he give our money to everyone
    Sorry. You're talking about their platforms. I thought you means the line between them as far as where they sit in the polls.

Sorry. You're talking about their platforms. I thought you means the line between them as far as where they sit in the polls.
    No problem, yes they are really close in the polls
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

Lundkvist

I personally would love to see one full campaign with ZERO attack ads.
    This would be awesome. However.. no one is brave enough to be the first to do it. And we as citizens are to blaim. We believe too much of what we see and we will just believe that if there is nothing bad said about one party than there must not be anything bad about that party.

Example... if Party X decided to run a campaign with ZERO attack adds... then there wouldn't be anything negative said against Party Y... and citizens would assume that means that Party Y is lead by Mr. Clean.

I would love to see if the political run was all about what our party is going to do and all the positives the party can bring. more Glass half full rather than half empty!

​​