Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Canadian Election

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Canadian Election

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    The problem is and I am not saying this to you directly, is that a lot of these people that are "doing the best they can", state they believe that the world is coming to an end in the next two decades or at the very least irreversible damage will be done if we don't do something now. If I truly believed it was that dire then yes, I would be sacrificing all the little things like eating meat, traveling by airplane, driving a care etc, in order to save our planet from sure fire doom. You can't scream that the rapture is coming then skip the Sunday service. If it's as big of deal as we are made to believe it is then you have to be all in.
    This is an exaggeration and is not true. Most of these people do not believe the world is coming to an end. Yes, they do believe there are dire consequences if we don't make serious changes.

This kind of thinking is not extended to other areas of life. Do you truly believe that child trafficking is an issue? If so then how could you possibly be on the internet wasting your time when there is so much work to be done in this area? Do you not truly believe that child trafficking is wrong and disgusting? You see? The world doesn't operate on this all or nothing type thinking. We're constantly having to juggle all sorts of decisions.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Specia...of_1.5_%C2%B0C

(Occurrences of the word "crisis" = 0. Occurrences of the word "emergency" = 0). Fact checked.
    You just posted the wiki IPCC report that Earth's climate should not/cannot exceed 1.5C average temp increase. You don't have to include the words Crisis or Emergency to understand the gravity of what the IPCC is stating. This is supporting information that CO2 expenditures cannot continue to increase and that they have to dramatically be cut back.

Do you always like to blow holes in your own positions and bias?

Dobber Sports Star

The problem is and I am not saying this to you directly, is that a lot of these people that are "doing the best they can", state they believe that the world is coming to an end in the next two decades or at the very least irreversible damage will be done if we don't do something now. If I truly believed it was that dire then yes, I would be sacrificing all the little things like eating meat, travelling by airplane, driving a care etc, in order to save our planet from sure fire doom. You can't scream that the rapture is coming then skip the Sunday service. If it's as big of deal as we are made to believe it is then you have to be all in.
    Would you, though? It’s such a an easy thing to say. For whatever reason, the threat of destruction has never been a strong motivator for humans. We smoke. We’re fat. We drink and drive. We have unprotected sex. It’s not that we don’t know better. It’s that we think it can’t happen to us. Despite having all of knowledge laid out for us, many of us still do it. Knowing isn’t enough. And in the case of environmental destruction, there is enough misinformation out there to cause just that much more doubt.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree there is a climat problem and all countries must do something, including ourselves. For the future or our children.

BUT, we forget something really important about the future of our children is the debt burden.
    They will pay much more taxes than us and will have less services to cover those interest and debt remittance.

Those two issues must be our top priority but we are only talking about one of them and it's the climate.
    Maybe it's because the Left doesn't have a basic knowledge of economy and nobody is making a riot about that.
    Also, it's not a sexy program for a political party : "Hey guys we will keep the same tax rate, but we will give you less services"
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Ninja

The biggest problem with the Canadian election is that too many voters are lazy.
    Too lazy to spend 30 minutes researching this "climate crisis" garbage that the left keeps spewing out, for example.
    Granted, if the content out there wasn't so blatantly manipulated by people with an agenda (e.g. google), it should only take 10 minutes. But whatever, take 30 and open your eyes.
    Is this the manipulation by google that you're talking about?

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...change-deniers

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    I agree there is a climat problem and all countries must do something, including ourselves. For the future or our children.

BUT, we forget something really important about the future of our children is the debt burden.
    They will pay much more taxes than us and will have less services to cover those interest and debt remittance.

Those two issues must be our top priority but we are only talking about one of them and it's the climate.
    Maybe it's because the Left doesn't have a basic knowledge of economy and nobody is making a riot about that.
    Also, it's not a sexy program for a political party : "Hey guys we will keep the same tax rate, but we will give you less services"
    I agree with this. How do we pay for this transition into a greener country? Can anyone arguing the left or climate side, explain this to me? What resources if not the non renewable kind, are we going to generate to pay for all of this? Cannabis? Look how much the Liberals have put us into debt over their first 4 years. We will end up like Greece, if we continue like this.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey Smurf06... Here's a good example ^ (2 posts up) of being careful with certain people and their "sources." The Guardian, as anyone with half a brain knows, is a left wing propaganda machine. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-guardian/
    It's garbage so I saved myself from opening that garbage.

Find credible, non-biased sources. None of them are reporting climate change as an imminent crisis or emergency. But politicians are making policy based on exactly that... trying to cripple your future by starving the Oil and Gas industry and running up absurd debt levels that they never intend to pay back. It's despicable. Don't fall for their lies. Do your own homework and stay away from biased media outlets like CBC, CNN, MSNBC, FOX too for that matter. Use a search engine other than google (which has admitted to manipulating their algorithm to "prevent another Trump situation from happening.") Do some random searches on google and then use a different search engine... you'll be amazed at the skewed results.
    Keep your mind open and don't take anything at face value. From anyone, including people on this forum. Find out for yourself. And the truth will eventually become clear to you.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post

Stop making it a 'Left' problem. Conservative governments at every level have gleefully contributed to debt level spending. Provincial conservative governments in Alberta have been doing it for decades. The Harper government has added to the federal debt in record amounts.

Out of control debt spending VS planned debt spending within a certain % level of national GDP to 'help' the economy are often confused and heavily debated about.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I agree with this. How do we pay for this transition into a greener country? Can anyone arguing the left or climate side, explain this to me? What resources if not the non renewable kind, are we going to generate to pay for all of this? Cannabis? Look how much the Liberals have put us into debt over their first 4 years. We will end up like Greece, if we continue like this.
    Life Father... like son...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Exactly. None of them have an answer. They don't need to answer it. They just need to scare the people enough to get their votes.

Dobber Sports Pro

Hey Smurf06... Here's a good example ^ (2 posts up) of being careful with certain people and their "sources." The Guardian, as anyone with half a brain knows, is a left wing propaganda machine. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-guardian/
    It's garbage so I saved myself from opening that garbage.

Find credible, non-biased sources. None of them are reporting climate change as an imminent crisis or emergency. But politicians are making policy based on exactly that... trying to cripple your future by starving the Oil and Gas industry and running up absurd debt levels that they never intend to pay back. It's despicable. Don't fall for their lies. Do your own homework and stay away from biased media outlets like CBC, CNN, MSNBC, FOX too for that matter. Use a search engine other than google (which has admitted to manipulating their algorithm to "prevent another Trump situation from happening.") Do some random searches on google and then use a different search engine... you'll be amazed at the skewed results.
    Keep your mind open and don't take anything at face value. From anyone, including people on this forum. Find out for yourself. And the truth will eventually become clear to you.
    Waiting for you to follow your own advice. Your record in trying to present truthful unbiased facts on this site is already shot to hell

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Stop making it a 'Left' problem. Conservative governments at every level have gleefully contributed to debt level spending. Provincial conservative governments in Alberta have been doing it for decades. The Harper government has added to the federal debt in record amounts.

Out of control debt spending VS planned debt spending within a certain % level of national GDP to 'help' the economy are often confused and heavily debated about.
    Hmm here's a link to view...

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/site...sters-2019.pdf

and a quote from it "Justin Trudeau is projected to be the largest debt accumulator among prime ministers who did not fight a world war or experience an economic downturn during their tenure".

Dobber Sports Ninja

Feel free to go read the platforms of the major political parties and your answers are right there.

Dobber Sports Genius

Exactly. None of them have an answer. They don't need to answer it. They just need to scare the people enough to get their votes.
    It's just how that side works. For instance they will block bridges and people from getting to their job's to feed their family's and call it a peaceful protest. Then you will question how are we going to pay for this greener world or maybe the issue is less to do with the carbon and emissions and more to do with the sheer amount of people populating our planet. Then your called an out of control right wing biggot. No reasoning or logic. I to like to dream about utopia but their also needs to be a plan put into place to get there.

Dobber Sports Ninja

It's just how that side works. For instance they will block bridges and people from getting to their job's to feed their family's and call it a peaceful protest. Then you will question how are we going to pay for this greener world or maybe the issue is less to do with the carbon and emissions and more to do with the sheer amount of people populating our planet. Then your called an out of control right wing biggot. No reasoning or logic. I to like to dream about utopia but their also needs to be a plan put into place to get there.
    Sort of like exactly how hundreds of trucks blocked Anthony Henday in Edmonton, pissing off an entire city in support of Oil and Gas? Both "sides" make questionable decisions when it comes to their choice of protest format.