Thread: Help me fill out my roster!! Rep!!

The Great One

Default Help me fill out my roster!! Rep!!

EDIT: This post looks very long/complicated but its essentially just an "ADD ONE PLAYER" type of post- lol! The extra info is included just to make sure there are no roster upgrades available on the waiver wire. Rep basically just for reading the whole thing :P

So I just made a monster trade that really helped sort out my team positionally. I traded Arvidsson/Granlund/Ghost for Malkin/Kadri/Ghost. I also knabbed Texier off waiver wires which was surprising considering we have a fairly deep farm system.

Ill include the scoring at the end of the post but the key factors are- weekly lineups, sog and goal heavy, and on top of that a big bias towards dman scoring and goalie cats especially wins). Also key to note is that we start 2C, 3W, and then one flex forward that can be either C or W. then our backend is 4D, 1G- and also a flex player that way which you can use for a D or a G. i almost always use a G and with Hutton starting out on fire its been an easy decsision that way. Im going to list hutton as my second active G but please keep in mind I have Raanta so once he supplants Kuemper as the 1a (knock on wood) he'll slide into that G-hole (Ugh waht is with the dirty sounding posts today?? :P ).

Post Trade Roster:

C- Malkin, Kadri, Staal (Flex)
    W- Marchessault, Gusev, Hornqvist
    D- Burns, Letang, Risto, Hanifin
    G- Murray, hutton
    Bench- Gourde(W), Lehkonen(W), Kovalchuk(W), Hino(C), Texier(C), Hronek(D), Pesce(D), Raanta(G), Nilsson(G)

So Im halfway interested in moving Burns but Im not getting a return I like- not close really. Also with the most recent trade I might be a playoff team WITH Burns on my squad. i swear that guy is like a "cheat code" in our format- lol! I just traded for Kovalchuk so i dont want to drop him quite yet, just added Texier, and pesce is surprisingly solid as his 30 points from the blueline plays AND hes actually fairly dependable for a world beating +/- which actually has a HUGE impact! Im trying to package Nilsson with Gourde/Hino or Lehkonen for a forward upgrade but no success so far.

Long story short- Ive got ONE free add in that Copleys on my roster and hes an easy drop. After that id have to drop Texier which I dont really want to do quite yet or Lehkonen/Hinostroza and I feel like theyre just on the c usp of being too talented to drop while their deployment/inexperience will limit their impact on a contender. If you see a guy on the below list whose a clear upgrade- let me know!

Add One:
    Also if any of these guys is a roster upgrade after the free add please let me know..

Ilya Mikheyev- my fave- but L3 currently and only going to get worse with a healthy Hyman (ugh that sounds icky too!!)
    Brassard- deployed on pp1??!!
    Maroon- see Brassard??!!
    Janmark- Maybe riding on the coatails of a potential Hintz breakout?? Wow now that i type that out loud it sounds like a stretch- lol! Still 3 points in 3 games...
    Henrique- Deployment?
    Zadorov- dont really want to add another dman to the bench but Im wondering what his upside is in Colorado- 30ish with good pims/sogs is nothing to sneeze at in this format...
    Pirri- Used to be on my roster but pretty definitively L3 I think...
    Sikura- Pure upside- as boom-busty as they come...
    Brett Connolly- Productive enough but no real exciting upside and even though hes a decent sogs per minute guy it doesnt bear out with limited TTOI (ala Lehkonen)
    Hartman- Feel like hes a pimmier version of Connolly
    Foegegle- Dont know a lot about him outside of his big playoffs- likely a year too early to be on this list?

I actually dont think I need to include the D scoring- but I will to be thorough. the short version is up at the start of the thread- sogs and goal heavy- with weekly lineups.,.

Forward Scoring

+/- Plus Minus 1 point
    A Assists 2 points
    G Goals 4 points
    HT Hat Tricks 3 points
    PIM Penalty Minutes .25 points
    SHOG Shootout Goals 1 point
    SOG Shots on Goal 1 point
    STPTS Special Teams Points 1 point

Dman scoring:

+/- Plus Minus 3 points
    A Assists 2 points
    BS Blocked Shots .3 points
    G Goals 4 points
    HT Hat Tricks 3 points
    Hits Hits .25 points
    PIM Penalty Minutes .25 points
    SHOG Shootout Goals 1 point
    SOG Shots on Goal 1 point
    STPTS Special Teams Points 3 points

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Help me fill out my roster!! Rep!!

you mentioned bias towards D and G, your only considering F's (other than Zadorov, but...meh...). Based on the list above, put me down for Connolly. He's locked in the top 6, and though he's got guys above him in the depth chart, he is due for a breakout (just over 400GP for a big guy). *IF* he's gonna have a breakout, it's gonna happen soon. Or not at all.
    Weekly H2H 4gm/week 14 Teams,21 Player roster+3 protected prospects
    20wk Reg season+3Rd of Playoff
    Keep 10

G+A=1pt, Dman G+A=1.5pt, PPG=1pt, PPA=0.5pt, SHG=1pt, SHA=0.5pt, ShootoutG=0.25pt, GWG=1pt, Hatty=3pt, DMan Hatty=5pt, +/- (For D only)=+/- 0.5pt, W=2pt, L=-1pt, OTL=1pt, ShootoutL=0.5pt, SO=1pt, S=0.1pt, GA=-0.5pt, Goalie Goal=5pt

Play 2C 2LW 2RW 3F 3D 2G
    C:Zibanejad Stamkos Schmaltz
    LW:Panarin Kaprizov Bunting Barbashev D.Strome
    RW:Keller Terry Necas Kakko Raddysh
    D: Carlson Theodore Morrissey Matheson
    G:Vasilevskiy Sorokin Merzlikins Johansson
    Prospects: Miroshnichenko Dostal Commesso

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by burespaghetti View Post
    you mentioned bias towards D and G, your only considering F's (other than Zadorov, but...meh...). Based on the list above, put me down for Connolly. He's locked in the top 6, and though he's got guys above him in the depth chart, he is due for a breakout (just over 400GP for a big guy). *IF* he's gonna have a breakout, it's gonna happen soon. Or not at all.
    I'm with this on Connolly or a D/G.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

With the likes of Malkin being out for a period of time I think you are going to need someone who can put it in the back of the net a bit. Now it won't be like Malkin but Connolly might help a bit.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Connoly of that list, but if you can find a defender who will score well, that could work too. I doubt you have any goalies worth adding on the wire.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by burespaghetti View Post
    There just is none- lol! the cats out of the bag- lol! Most people know the bias in scoring. i really tried to land Francouz in the first waiver claim of the season but just missed him. i got texier instead which might sound like a mistake but Im in pretty good shape with basically three starters- MM, Raanta, and a blazing hot Hutton- in a league where you can only start two.

Kinkaid, Hutchinson, and Stalock- I imagine Kinkaid only sees starts if price gets injured, Im hoping Dubnyk doesnt get injured as hes one of my horses in my dynasty, and same goes for Andersen and Hutchinson (is he even the backup??)

Dmen are- Scandella,Sekera, the aforementioned Zadorov and Goligoski who I dropped. A few halfway intriguing young uys are Tim heed, Joel persson (not listed yet), Del Zotto and Nutivaara? Nuti is interesting. Last one- I was looking at LA and assuming they bounceback- which they must- youve got Doughty and now with Muzzin gone Im wondering does Martinez make a climb back into releveance?? 3 seasons ago he had 40 points with 150 sogs and that would play bigtime in this format. I feel like thats right before Muzzin emerged- no?? At 32 hes old but not nearly past the point of no return...

So adding:

Alec Martinez
    Keith Kinkaid
    Markus Nutivaara

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would keep an eye on Mikheyev - was listening to Toronto Radio and they mentioned Kapanen and his play to start the season. His slow start may see him spending time on the 3rd line with Mikheyev taking his spot with Marner and Tavares.
    Scooter
    -------------------------------------------------
    C - Hughes (C/LW), Mackinnon (C), Ek (C),
    LW - Stutzle (LW), Raymond (LW/RW), Joshua (C/LW)
    RW - Rantanen (RW), Giouroux (C/RW). Bjorkstrand (RW), Mantha (RW)
    D - Dahlin, Makar, Seider, L Hughes, Matheson, Faber
    G - Saros, Levi, Luukkonen
    IR -
    -------------------------------------------------
    12 team league - 19 on Roster (+4 IR)
    8 keepers, 5 bench, Weekly H2H league,
    11 cat's G,A,PPP,+/-,SOG,PIM,GWG,Hits & W,SV%,GAA
    2 Start at C, LW,RW and G and 4 D.
    55 Moves Regular Season (re-set to 8 for Play-Offs)
    Daily Line-Up Changes[/SIZE][/FONT]

The Great One

I got Connolly for now- thanks guys- rep being reaped repeatedly!!

Dobber Sports Jedi

I highly doubt Hyman's return is going to affect Mikheyev at all.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

Mackenzie Weegar!!

Potenital latish bloomer!! Hes got like a 4.5 rating but that may have been due to being buried in Florida. If that was the reason for the rating things may be changing as he starts to leap frog players on the depth chart. hes a coaches favorite and has already climbed to the second pairing where he has the nod to play the rush beside Strahlman who is more of a shutdown guy. Im reading he has a cannon of a shot- and we might see it more as hes suddenly averaging 3 sogs per game- lol! While I dont expect that to continue even half of that suddenly has relevance 125-150 still plays in a lot of deep formats especially from the blueline. Bonus points: what a frickin cool name!!! WEE-GAR!!! Im going Wee Gar (thats how the kids say "all in" now- I just read it on the internet earlier today)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Mackenzie Weegar!!

Potenital latish bloomer!! Hes got like a 4.5 rating but that may have been due to being buried in Florida. If that was the reason for the rating things may be changing as he starts to leap frog players on the depth chart. hes a coaches favorite and has already climbed to the second pairing where he has the nod to play the rush beside Strahlman who is more of a shutdown guy. Im reading he has a cannon of a shot- and we might see it more as hes suddenly averaging 3 sogs per game- lol! While I dont expect that to continue even half of that suddenly has relevance 125-150 still plays in a lot of deep formats especially from the blueline. Bonus points: what a frickin cool name!!! WEE-GAR!!! Im going Wee Gar (thats how the kids say "all in" now- I just read it on the internet earlier today)
    So ya went with WEE-GAR!!!! Guy does seem to have an offensive D mentality. I think that is a good jump on pick before someone else grabs him. If I didn't have Ekblad already I would do the same thing but I hate having two guys at the same position.

The Great One

Thanks man- and I hear ya- I hate adding a guy lower in the depth chart too. I mean in theory its like a handcuff- but Im a pretty miserable human being as it is- lol- so I like to keep my cheering for fantasy assets straight ahead. I wouldnt want Weegar in your shoes because then if he does succeed its a threat to another player I owns success. Its all very complicated and embedded in deep rooted insecurity issues- but for my own self-torturous reasons I agree!! That being siad....

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeee.... gar.