Thread: Talbot or Hutton

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Talbot or Hutton

Have an opportunity to claim Hutton off waivers and I’d drop Talbot. Rittich looks like he has the upper hand especially with a shutout last night. Worth claiming Hutton or just sticking it out with Talbot for now? He’d be my 3rd goalie behind bishop and markstrom. Cats are wins, sv%, gaa
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Talbot or Hutton

I think both goalies are crapshoots simply because both will share the net. Neither are bona fide #1s. Right now, Hutton has the upper hand after two good showings, and Talbot is watching Rittich take his turn.

I do think Ralph Kreuger will be the best thing to happen to Buffalo in years. I'm a big fan of his as a coach and he will do wonders to help turn Buffalo around. That doesn't mean much to answer your question but thought it is worth mentioning. To me, that means I like Hutton (and Ullmark) more this year compared to previous years.

I still believe Calgary is the better of the two teams so technically Talbot should be better than Hutton, but it comes down to who plays more. Not sure anyone will be answer that. Talbot will get his opportunity to start, but hard to say how often.

Personally, I'd make the move only because I see Hutton getting more opportunities but that's simply my opinion. It's not based on any facts, just a gut feeling.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

there both pretty close as far as there talent level goes but Hutton is the hot hand right now so i would go with him ride him as long as you can

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would take a chance on Hutton right now.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

The Great One

Hutton. He'll get more starts. And is a better goalie, IMO.