Thread: Ondřej Kaše

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Ondřej Kaše

IF he can stay healthy what are we looking at points wise for this year and future years?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Ondřej Kaše

Forget that, we need to talk about the correct use of carons in the post title!

Diacritics aside, if he can stay healthy, he seems like a 50-60 point player, presuming decent employment.

The Great One

Hes one of my sleeper picks and if I did my fearless forecasts and i still might (Emu's Elephants in the Room)- he was gonna be one of my ten topics.

First off- hes a volume shooter- which I love!! Secondly Im hearing hes L3 but the only way that makes sense is that they are worried about injury concerns and dont want to interfere with other healthier guys developing chemistry. that being said there's more than enough room in that top six for a ducky "veteran" of his ilk. If he stays healthy and productive he becomes a top six staple. Thirdly and this is kind of the big/divisive one- even though its a small sample size- hes already paced for 55 in a season. So technically he kind of already is a 55 point player. Im relatively ok counting that as a floor from him and from there id say he actually still has "breakout" potential. I feel like Getzlaf still has gas in the tank and his big bodied, puck-protection and playmaking style would mesh perfectly with a trigger happy Kase. Ritchie is neither a volume shooter or a sniper either so between those two Ogres retrieving pucks for him (and from what i understand hes got a motor on himself as well as a forechecker)- and you really have a recipe for success. I think eventually theyre going to set up an L2 tandem of Steel and Terry- which leaves Kase with those two big boys (Getz and Ritchie) on the topline could (and I do stress could) result in a goal heavy 70ish points. Considering his career high is 38 thats a monstous increase.

So to be clear i am not pencilling him in for that- Im saying modest gains on his pace which still ends up at a nice total of 60 or so points BUT dont say i didnt warn you if he goes as high as 70 in that scenario!

Dobber Sports Ace

I actually just read an interesting article on Kase. Over the last 2 seasons Kase has averaged 2.23 points per 60 minutes. This ranks him at 36th overall in the league for this category. For reference, Eichel sits directly above Kase with 2.25 points per 60 minutes and Duchene sits directly below with 2.22 points per 60 minutes. It looks like Kase will see a big increase in TOI this season, so if he can stay healthy I believe he can be a 60+ point player this season.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think the sky is the limit for this guy. He is extremely talented. I think if he is able to play a full slate of games he should be able to get 60 points.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col