Thread: Copley

The Great One

Default Copley

So what happens now?? Im pretty unfamiliar with how things work when it comes to waivers/claims/etc. Is he just in the minors basically? Or can another team claim him? Any thoughts as to where he ends up?? Im guessing b!tch got an attitude and its time to drop him like hes hawt...

Administrator

Default Re: Copley

He cleared waivers and he's in the minors. He's likely there to stay because the Caps will value him as a third goalie should something happen to one of their two guys.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Expert

He passed through waivers and was assigned to Hershey (AHL). I'm not sure about "b!tch got an attitude" I think it's more that he was always a placeholder until Samsonov was ready so they switched places and they may or may not switch spots again throughout the season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Now that Copley passed waiver, he'll report to Hershey Bears (AHL affiliate) and play there until there's a recall (most likely emergency).

If they decided to send Samsonov down and recall Copley in a non-emergency situation, I believe Copley is subject to a re-entry waiver? Where a team can claim him and take half the cap hit (?).
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It was also a Cap crunch issue with Copley as he was making more money than Samsonov . That was one reason he was placed on waivers. When Kuzy was to come back the Caps would have been at a cap crunch so they decided on Samsonov. Now Copley cleared waivers and is in the AHL I suppose he will be used as an emergency Goalie in case of an injury.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col