Thread: Holtbeast or Winnington tonight?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Holtbeast or Winnington tonight?

Hello all,

I have both Holtby and Binnington playing against one another tonight. Do you go with St. Louis the home team, and current Champs, or is Washington going to be coming out hot after seeing St. Louis' banner raised tonight?

Team is in Sig. Thank you.
    Fantrax, 11 Team, Points Only, 24 players per team,
    19 Keepers
    Draft 5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 4D, 2G, 7 bench spots
    G and A= 1 point, SO = 3 points, W = 2 points.
    Players:
    C: Crosby, Taveres, R. Strome, B. Schenn
    LW: M. Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Marchand, Voracek, Mangiapane
    RW: Guentzel, Ehlers, Wilson, Mercer, Raymond
    D: Carlson, Krug, Klingberg, McAvoy, Hronek, DeAngelo
    G: Markstrom, Hart, Keumper, Khudobin
    IR: Malkin, Backstrom

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Holtbeast or Winnington tonight?

Total crapshoot but I'd probably go with Binnington.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well take this with a grain of salt as I am a Capitals fan. I do think the Capitals come out strong and win the game tonight. It is not only because I am a Capitals fan though I do think the Capitals are a better team. With the likes of Ovie, Backstrom, and Oshie and players like Vrana and Ellers and Carlson I think they will have too much for the Blues tonight. Now it won't be easy as it is opening night and the banner raising for them so they will be ramped up. 3-2 Caps win tonight.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hindsight now because obviously Holtby won. But I've put money on Holtby for Vezina. Contract year. Going to be huge.

Dobber Sports Ace

Well done Eleasha... Got any more predictions for this week? 3-2 win for Caps and it was tough out of the gate with a pumped up Champion home opening!

On a side note... Holtby can indeed have a vezina run again, BUT, only if he can get his head in the game before the game starts. These last 2 seasons and again last night had him letting in goals on the opening shots of the game. That makes me crazy as a fantasy owner. Would drive me nuts if I were his coach too!

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eleasha View Post
    Well take this with a grain of salt as I am a Capitals fan. I do think the Capitals come out strong and win the game tonight. It is not only because I am a Capitals fan though I do think the Capitals are a better team. With the likes of Ovie, Backstrom, and Oshie and players like Vrana and Ellers and Carlson I think they will have too much for the Blues tonight. Now it won't be easy as it is opening night and the banner raising for them so they will be ramped up. 3-2 Caps win tonight.
    heck of a prediction
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    Well done Eleasha... Got any more predictions for this week? 3-2 win for Caps and it was tough out of the gate with a pumped up Champion home opening!

On a side note... Holtby can indeed have a vezina run again, BUT, only if he can get his head in the game before the game starts. These last 2 seasons and again last night had him letting in goals on the opening shots of the game. That makes me crazy as a fantasy owner. Would drive me nuts if I were his coach too!
    Hahaha, Well I will look into my crystal ball. I am a witch you know. Most people pronounce it a little different though. I was a bit scared on the prediction out of the gate when they were down 0-2, but when it ended 2-2 and went to OT, I was like hell this prediction actually could happen.

As for the Vezina, that is another prediction of mine for Holtby. So take that to Vegas. Also the Caps winning the Stanley Cup. I feel somethings have to come in place and two of them started off great last evening. Jakub Vrana having a great season and Dmitri Orlov as well. The other on the defensive side is Michal Kempny and he needs to get healthy and back into the lineup. I also love the addition of Richard Panik to this team.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col