Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kuemper extended

The Great One

Default Re: Kuemper extended

I get the importance of goalie depth. If you read my post again you’ll see the point I was countering is that “less than half the teams now have a true #1 goalie”. That’s simply not true.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Injuries are one of many factors leading to teams needing better G depth to get through a season

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, that actually helps solidify my point
    I know it does... that's why i added it!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I get the importance of goalie depth. If you read my post again you’ll see the point I was countering is that “less than half the teams now have a true #1 goalie”. That’s simply not true.
    To be fair I said I bet less than half "will" have a true starter play 55+ games. On paper right now it may seem that only 6 to 9 teams don't have a true starter, but I wouldn't be surprised if other teams you didn't list fall into that category by season's end. More and more teams are resting their "main" goalie and using their backup more often. I could see Boston, Nashville, Rangers, maybe even Philly do that this season, among other teams possibly. I haven't given it a lot of thought but in preparing for various drafts this season that is the impression I got.