Thread: Moved MAF!!

The Great One

Default Moved MAF!!

So I finally did it! The return not as great as I had hoped- BUT Im a bigtime believer in Schneider!!

Schneider, Hoffman
    for
    MAF Perron

I also offered Ho-Sang, Sekera and Sturm for Kahun to the same owner so it could be a 5 for 3.

I know its not a huge return but I feel like Schneider has such good bounceback potential...

The Great One

Default Re: Moved MAF!!

I think you did well. I believe Fleury is going to be in for a poor year.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Interesting...I'm been wondering if Fleury or Schneider (among other goalies) would be worth picking up over Varlamov in my league.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Interesting...I'm been wondering if Fleury or Schneider (among other goalies) would be worth picking up over Varlamov in my league.
    MAF yes, Schneider no
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Fleury yes and Schneider no at this point. You pretty much know that Fleury is going to get the bulk of the net, but until Schneider proves he is completely healthy I wouldn't completely trust him 100%. Also with Varlamov they didn't bring him over just to split time with Greiss. He is accustomed to being a starter for the most part so I don't see a split 50/50 happening there like with Lehner last year who was a little more unproven at the time. Also take into consideration that Greiss really hasn't lite it up in the nets with the exception of last season and the season before that one was a complete disaster for him. So you really don't know what to expect from him. I say either keep Varly or go with Fleury.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

The Great One

Me making this trade was predicated on my fearless type forecast that Schneider on his own will be worth Fleury- or close to it. Why?

- It starts with the injury hes coming back from. Luongo said it took two years to "fully" recover from it and whats more this type of injury still limits you even when you are back in game shape. So even though he was back his struggles can be blamed at least partially by being hampered by a persistent injury. By now he should be "for real" recovered and back in game shape. People forget Schneiders pedigree. This is the guy who made "In his prime Luongo" expendable- lol! Hes got skills!

- Further muddying the waters is Blackwoods season. I just dont buy it- that sample size is Hamburglar small. I dont think hes a total bust but I think hes coming in hot waaaaay too early. He has never posted numbers like that even at lower levels. I think his success is obscuring Schneider, but said success is about to have the bottom fall out and luckily our favorite Ginger will be there to pick up the slack.

- Lastly and this might be obvious- the team improved by leaps and bounds! I know most of the improvements have been in the offensive category- thats indisputable- but one thing i really like is that Subban puts a round peg in a round hole. Butcher becomes a smaller round peg in a smaller round hole and the big square shaped chasm gets filled by a very viable Vatanen. If hes not being leaned on to do everything with a kitchen sink strapped to his back- i think vatanen becomes a very solid asset on the backend for shutdown purposes (and transition game to boot!).

I think Schneider is the biggest bounceback candidate that nobody is paying attention too.

And whats worse- Fleury is set to be an absolute disaster!! Lol- Im totally joking- MAF will be fine. They added Stone whose a defensive takeaway wizard on top of his offensive prowess. My fear with him has always been his age but I dont think thats setting in yet. I still think hes a fantastic option this year and will post marginally better numbers than Schneider. This was just the last chance Id have to ask for a significant "plus" by swapping these two. Im in a contract league so I get a year younger, save a million.

Depends on your league- id easily drop Varly for MAF or Schneider (Agree on MAF though)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I like the trade but only if you can somehow grab Blackwood for a handcuff.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by toeincrease View Post
    I like the trade but only if you can somehow grab Blackwood for a handcuff.
    Thanks! Its hard to get handcuffs- but I feel like Blackwood is going to have a rough year. I might be able to swap Montembault for him but not sure Id want to at this point...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Personally, I would have held MAF. I think Vegas will surprise people and everyone's expecting them to be pretty good already.
    I don't mind the return... I just woudl have hung onto him this year is all.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

I'd take the chance the Vegas proves people wrong over Schneider, A) staying healthy and B) losing starts. Just seems the safer choice.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Suzuki
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg,
    Konecny(L/R)
    R-Hyman(L/R), Svechnikov(L/R), P. Kane
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi,
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    I'd take the chance the Vegas proves people wrong over Schneider, A) staying healthy and B) losing starts. Just seems the safer choice.

And Vegas has already proven people wrong 2 years in a row. They are legit. MAF is the way better option here.
    All though I do think Schneider can definitely bounce back. I would target him too as a later round value pick