Thread: Rinne for Elvis?

The Great One

Default Rinne for Elvis?

Not quite a dynasty but close enough. Elvis especially would be an easy keep as our goalie games played limit for farm eligibility is like 200.

So I AM contending now- so this would seem counter intuitive. that being said Ive got a very strong stable of goalies that Ill post and honestly Im a bit of a Juuse booster- i think this is the year Saros gets a real look. "Load Management" is a real thing now, Rinne has not gotten them over the hump yet and even though hes a beast- 36 is really pushing the envelope in terms of age becoming a factor.

My other goalies are Bobrovsky, Hellebyuck, Mrazek, Reimer. Its a roto format and its a little funny in that we get two spots worth of games- 164- but we have 3 starting goalie spots so that in any given night we can bump our flex skater in favor of getting a primo start. This does not add to our total games played allowance- just allows for flexibility on any given night to maximize your starts. Cirelli is farm eligible so I wouldnt have to make a decision on him until next eyar or so.

The deal is:

Elvis, Cirelli
    For
    Rinne

Thoughts? Im leaning towards yes even though Im competing. I like having the same goalies accross many leagues and I own Elvis in my big keeper/dynasty- lol!

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rinne for Elvis?

If this wasn't a cap league it's not close. It's still not very close unless you can weaponized that cap space to turn it into a very valuable player.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the deal for you, because you trade A LOT, and the fact that you really start 2 goalies over the season, even with 3 spots per night. Hence you really get an extra skater spot and I like Cirelli & Elvis a lot to be useful right now.

Cap space is something you can use later far better than somebody like me, who often can't find deals I like.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It makes sense for you. I would make this trade.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    If this wasn't a cap league it's not close. It's still not very close unless you can weaponized that cap space to turn it into a very valuable player.
    Not a cap league

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I like the deal for you, because you trade A LOT, and the fact that you really start 2 goalies over the season, even with 3 spots per night. Hence you really get an extra skater spot and I like Cirelli & Elvis a lot to be useful right now.

Cap space is something you can use later far better than somebody like me, who often can't find deals I like.
    This ones not a cap league. if it was Id be all over it. Thanks for noticing about the trades- haha! Thats awesome...

Dobber Sports Jedi

Not a cap league.. I'd want more of an assured piece coming back for Rinne.
    Merz or Cirelli needs a bump
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Not a cap league.. I'd want more of an assured piece coming back for Rinne.
    Merz or Cirelli needs a bump
    Agreed. Might get more if you're just dealing Rinne for skaters too without needing a goalie back (since you're set there anyways).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'd be keeping Rinne, Nashville has improved over the summer.
    If you can get Saros for security even better.

Dobber Sports Genius

Pekka Rinne. All day. Every day. Proven over potential.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Stud

Dig your attempt to get ahead of the curve on this (while adding a guy you like) - but as others have said, I don't think that's quite enough value back for Rinne.

14 teams, even with 3 G slots, means proven starters, even those in "load management" situations, should command a bit of a premium.

I'm all for you making a move to get value back before Saros takes over... but the key is get "value" back. I'd personally need more than Elvis/Cirelli at this moment.
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Dig your attempt to get ahead of the curve on this (while adding a guy you like) - but as others have said, I don't think that's quite enough value back for Rinne.

14 teams, even with 3 G slots, means proven starters, even those in "load management" situations, should command a bit of a premium.

I'm all for you making a move to get value back before Saros takes over... but the key is get "value" back. I'd personally need more than Elvis/Cirelli at this moment.
    Thanks guys- I pulled the deal but I replaced the Cirelli part:

Rinne Iafollo Dahlen
    For
    Elvis Johansson Prokhorkin

Its an unusual format in that its ten teams, but only 10 active forwards and a tiny bench- 5 total- and an absolutely immense bench. My thinking is youre really only looking for prospects who have a realistic chance of hitting 70 plus or 60 plus if its heavy on the peripherals. Its kind of disappointing lol- because unless they hit that thresh hold aka top 100 skater in the league you basically never use them- lol! I dont know what I have in Prok but I figure best case scenario he develops into a Dadonov type. the bigger peiece was Johansson who I believe can hit 70 this season. The funny thing is that I think it will be an empty calorie type of 70 but any player who jumps 40 points to 70 from 30 will be huge in the fantasy community. Plunk that asset in Toronto and the trade value should be through the roof.

The latter part is banking on Bob Hellebyuck and the Carolina goalies to carry the workload. I DO like Rinne but even 40 starts on a stingy Tortorella coached team chould get me to my GP limit of 164 and hopefully they will be quality starts on Columbus. I feel like the Johansson factor bridges the gap and its just plain fun owning a guy like Prok Chop- haha! What a nickname btw!!

Dobber Sports Titan

Is that Ryan Johansen, Andreas Johnsson, or someone else?