Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: [TRADE] Justin Faulk to STL

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: [RUMOUR] Justin Faulk pulled from ice at practice - possibly traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Wotan View Post
    Being from Alaska he should be able to put up with the cold too
    Colton Parayko was born and raised in St Albert, Alberta which borders the North West corner of Edmonton. That's not in Alaska.

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: [TRADE] Justin Faulk to STL

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Colton Parayko was born and raised in St Albert, Alberta which borders the North West corner of Edmonton. That's not in Alaska.
    You say tomato, I say tomato

Dobber Sports Veteran

Came here for opinions on Faulk, left disappointed.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    If there's a Leaf story within 6 degrees of separation, the thread will be about the Leafs!

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Chances are, fantasy owners of Faulk in cap leagues starting next year will be doing the same. He isn't worth that much.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If there's a Leaf story within 6 degrees of separation, the thread will be about the Leafs!
    It's even worse on HFBoards. Pretty much every thread on there inevitably ends up about Matthews, Marner, or Nylander.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: [RUMOUR] Justin Faulk pulled from ice at practice - possibly traded.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    You're right, my bad. My brain wasn't completely out of order: he played for Univ. of Alaska- Fairbanks. Not born and raised there, but still used to some harsh weather...
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Giant

Seems like kind of a big price to pay -- acquisition cost and the big extension -- for a guy who is likely to be on their "third" pairing. I'm assuming Pietrangelo re-signs a huge extension at some point during the season, and Parayko is locked in for another three seasons, so I don't really see how Faulk fits as a major need. Granted, St. Louis dealt from a position of strength (young wingers), and their defense is probably more legit at this point, but with the huge extension it doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Bokk is a good get for Carolina, and I think the Kase deal falling through just tainted our perception of what a "good" return was going to look like in a Faulk trade.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 4T2 View Post
    I have to argue this point... Leafs fans don't have a clue what Gardiner is or he wouldn't have been run out of town. Gardiner is a top offensive option and will be running PP1 in Carolina. Leaf fans just tend to view him as a defensive liability (not untrue). But the guy is capable of scoring 50 points from the backend. I can see him repeating that total in his new home.
    I kind of agree. As a Leafs fan you should probably no better than most that hes much much better than a a handful of game seven errors. I am all in on Hamilton- bi, big fan- but Gardiner is no joke- far from it. hes a casualty of the fishbowl market and a fanbase thats always looking for the next scape goat. He is a great dman with fantastic offensive instincts. He will be just one more in a long list of excellent players that we ran out of town just to have to watch them find success elsewhere. The only good news for Hamilton owners is that I feel like Gardiner "plays well with others" and I really can see a BUrns/Karlsson dynamic forming with hamilton playing the Burns role only with less beard and more random facts about the cretaceous period. As a leafs fan Im ashamed of our trigger happy, scape goating, penchant for rewarding good players with torches and pitch forks. Id say youll be missed to Gardiner but he likely wont hear it through all the success... and the fact that Im just a housekeeping aide typing on the interweb :P

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    We know he crumbles under pressure.
    Sadly we dont. Two gaffes does not a mental makeup make. Some players/teams actually learn from adversity and build off their mistakes. I know well probably just agree to disagree so i dont want to get into a whole big thing here. Im just betting that gardiner will do just fine in Carolina...

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    What a mistake for St-Louis. The trade is one thing, but the contract?? Oh man.... Are they still drunk?
    That contract IS hefty though- lol!! The take on the front page has him pencilled in on the third pairing. theres no way you pay that to a third pairing guy. man he has literally never had a season that warrants that kind of number. The leagues got a bad habit of paying for what a player has already done but Faulk hasnt even done that yet- lol!! AND hes had all the opportunity/deployment he could ask for! I like Faulk in STL but that number might come back to haunt them.

EDIT: Theyre not retaining on the new salary are they?? No thats not how contracts work- Im confused...

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    That contract IS hefty though- lol!! The take on the front page has him pencilled in on the third pairing. theres no way you pay that to a third pairing guy. man he has literally never had a season that warrants that kind of number. The leagues got a bad habit of paying for what a player has already done but Faulk hasnt even done that yet- lol!! AND hes had all the opportunity/deployment he could ask for! I like Faulk in STL but that number might come back to haunt them.

EDIT: Theyre not retaining on the new salary are they?? No thats not how contracts work- Im confused...
    Retained salary would just be for this season. Then after next summer, STL is on the hook for 6.75, and he's completely off Carolina's books.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Retained salary would just be for this season. Then after next summer, STL is on the hook for 6.75, and he's completely off Carolina's books.
    It's hilarious. Makes the expression "stanley cup hangover" take on a whole new meaning.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck