Thread: Advice on Keepers

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Advice on Keepers

Looking for some input on who I should keep. I inherited this team last year as my first year playing in a keeper league. I get to pick 3 to keep. I will be picking 12th in the draft.

Here are the guys I'm looking at keeping. The top 3 were my original thought on who to keep. Does Point's injury factor in? Do you keep a dman?

Thanks for any thoughts/advice in advance!

Point
    Pastranak
    Gaudreau
    Scheifele
    Debrincat
    John Carlson
    Morgan Rielly

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG), Hits (HIT), Blocks (BLK)
    Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+

12 teams

The Great One

Default Re: Advice on Keepers

You didn't list how many other teams there are or how many you start at each position. Those are important details.

Given that each team only keeps 3, you will lose good players. I'm going with Pasta, Carlson and Rielly. Unless you start very few D having two guys who could get you 70+ points is very key - more so than keeping Point (might not be on top line even when he comes back) or Gaudreau (much worse in leagues that aren't points only).
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I really like Scheifele and DeBrincat and also John Carlson. The problem here is you also have several other great players to choice from in Pasta, Point, Gaudreau, and Reilly. All of them are really worthy of being kept. I still think the 3 I listed are going to have brilliant seasons.
    MD Rink Rats( 14 Team Keeper H2H Yahoo League)
    ​G,A,PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK/ W, GAA, SV%, SHO

D: K. Yandle- Fla, J. Muzzin- Tor, S. Gostisbehere- Phi, R. Pulock-NYI, S. Girard- Col, T.J. Brodie- Cgy, B. Pesce- Car
    C: T. Seguin- Dal, M. Scheifele- Wpg, E. Pettersson- Van, D. Larkin- Det, D. Stepan- Ari
    RW: V. Tarasenko- Stl, P. Kessel- Ari, S. Reinhart- Buf(C), E. Lindhom- Cgy(C), T. Toffoli-LA, B. Connolly- Fla(LW), D. Kahun-Pit(LW)
    LW: T. Hall- NJ, A. DeBrincat- Chi(RW), J. Skinner- Buf(C), T. Tatar- Mon(RW), A. Iafallo- LA, J. Dickinson- Dal(C)
    G: S. Varlamov- NYI, J. Howard- Det, M. Smith- Edm, J. Saros- Nas, P. Francouz-Col

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'd go Rielly - Pasta - Gaudreau. 2 guys with 100pt potential & a burgeoning superstar. Point's 21% SH% is a tad inflated, he'll regress. so he's a drop injury or not.

With D I'd be hunting down guys like Nurse, Weber who stuff ALL my cats - in the draft
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    You didn't list how many other teams there are or how many you start at each position. Those are important details.

Given that each team only keeps 3, you will lose good players. I'm going with Pasta, Carlson and Rielly. Unless you start very few D having two guys who could get you 70+ points is very key - more so than keeping Point (might not be on top line even when he comes back) or Gaudreau (much worse in leagues that aren't points only).

Sorry about that...12 teams and rosters are:

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+

Thanks for the replies.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I will go with Point Pastranak Gaudreau and target some multi-cat D-men and wingers in the draft to compensate the poor peripherals that these 3 keepers are giving you.
    Devils & Predators fan