Thread: Importing dobber's list into Fantrax

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Question Importing dobber's list into Fantrax

Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of question...

Did anybody ever succeeded to import a excel sheet (.csv) in Fantrax -> My ranking? If so, how did you do it?

I can't seem to get the good .csv format for it to work.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    11-teams, 25 Man Roster, points only. G2-W, 3-SO.
    Daily Roster 4C, 4LW, 4RW, 5D, 2G count.
    Keep 14 out of 25 players at end of seasons, 11 go to FA for Draft.

F:Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Bergeron, Hall, E.Lindholm, Kakko, Marchand, W. Nylander, Lee, Backlund, Danault, Kovalchuk, Caufield, Kapanen, E. Staal, Kase

D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang,
    G: Holtby, Merzlikins, Shesterkin

Keepers F: Bergeron, Hall, Matthews, Nugent-Hopkins, Marchand, E.Lindholm, Nylander, Kakko D: Burns, Hedman, Krug, Letang G:​ Holtby, Shesterkin,

Picks:1-2-3-4-4-5-5-5-9-10-11

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Importing dobber's list into Fantrax

I haven't done that specific thing, but my trick to dealing with .csv import/export over the decades has been:

1. Export a file with existing data. I prefer to specify the pipe character ( | ) as a delimiter, as basically nobody uses it, yet it's on a standard keyboard layout.
    2. Make a copy, and open the copy in a text editor, noting spaces, delimiters, etc.
    3. Open the export file in Excel, and save a copy of that with a new name.
    4. Open the newly named file, and copy your data in, column by column, by pasting values.
    5. Save that new file, and upload.

It works well over 90% of the time I do this, and if it fails, I have the text file to look at, and I can open that newly named .csv file in a text editor and see what looks wrong.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Importing dobber's list into Fantrax

Quote Originally Posted by matiuste View Post
    Hi,

I don't know if this is the right place for this kind of question...

Did anybody ever succeeded to import a excel sheet (.csv) in Fantrax -> My ranking? If so, how did you do it?

I can't seem to get the good .csv format for it to work.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Yeah, just did this myself for a couple drafts. Fantrax needs a very specific/basic csv format (well three options if I remember correct), but the first one is:

Name Team
    Nikita Kucherov TBL
    Sidney Crosby PIT

So you basically need to reduce the columns to two (Name/Team Abbr), and then export a new csv with only that info (don't need a header row). All the other stuff in the projections sheets will just confuse Fantrax.

You'll have to go back and edit some of the names and teams to match Fantrax's names/teams and re-upload most likely.
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster