Thread: Keller/Hanifin for Subban

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Keller/Hanifin for Subban

Got presented an interesting trade tonight, Keller and Hanifin for Subban. It's a dynasty keeper league where we only draft entry level players. Have had Subban since he came into the league and think he will do great in New Jersy, but he is 30 and the other 2 guys are young and uber talented. Just getting some feedback

Big Daddy

Default Re: Keller/Hanifin for Subban

Hanifin looks to be one of those great real life players but not so great fantasy players. So that alone has me keeping Subban. I wouldn’t blame you for making the trade if you did though. Keller hasn’t lived up to his hype yet but if he does this season you may end up regretting not making the trade. I guess it all depends how the rest of your roster looks like. Who do you already have on your wings and D?

I’m assuming this is multi-cat?

Dobber Sports Jedi

What cats does your league use?
    Also, would help to see your roster to see if it's more of a 'win now' situation vs. rebuild.
    Any 12-14tm league that counts periphs. Hanifin is borderline waiver fodder - larger than that he adds value.

Even in a pts only - I'd try to sub Hanifin for someone with more upside - future trade value (name value)
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Geez. Keeper league, somewhat regardless of cats - Subban if you’re trying to win championship this year, Keller/Hanifin if you’re re-tooling.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

The Great One

I don't know the stats your league uses, but assuming it is multi-cats and you can afford the drop in points that you will get going from Subban to Hanifin, the addition of Keller is a nice bonus here. And truthfully at some point players in their 30s start to lose value, so it makes sense to unload them for a nice return while you still can.

I have no doubt Subban will do well in Jersey, but the gap between him and Hanifin will close a bit as the years progress, and Keller might turn into a valuable forward if he reaches his potential.

Certainly not a bad deal, though as mentioned a lot of the decision might come down to how competitive you are right now vs if you are a rebuilding team, etc.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98