Thread: Potential Timo Meier Trade

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Potential Timo Meier Trade

Trying to get Timo Meier from another manager. He has other managers inquiring about Meier as well. I came in 3rd place last year and wanted to upgrade my team with Meier. I also have all my draft picks but will only be able to utilize picks in the first 5 rounds. I needed advice on a suitable trade
    ...the other manager has indicated he needs help in defense..

I was going to throw trade options below..

Trade 1 - my Barrie for his Meier - one for one
    Trade 2 - my Werenski + 6th round pick (6th round pick would be a keeper pick but I would not use this pick) for his Meier
    Trade 3 - Droiun or Elhers plus 6th and 7th round pick for his Meier

Not sure if these are good starting points for trade talk on Meier.

Really appreciating your thoughts.

Other points to consider are:

- Categories and my team are in my signature.
    - All players in my signature are keepers
    - first 5 rounds are not keepers. 6th rounds and up are future keepers for three years. Based on my current team, if I keep everyone I can only use thr first 4 rounds of picks

Thanks everyone!
    Molson Canadian - Semi Keeper League - 14 Teams

Categories
    FWD/D - Goals (3), Asts(2), PPP(1), Game Winning Goal(1) SOG (.2), Hits (0.3), Blocks (0.3),
    GOALIE - Wins (4), GA (-1), Saves (0.2), SO (2)
    Roster Positions: [B] C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR + (For Goalies)

Daily Starts - H 2 H Settings, Weekly Mon to Sun (Yahoo)

Keepers are in BOLD

Forwards - Wheeler (C/RW), Suzuki (C/RW), Huberdeau (LW), Borkstrand (LW/RW), Ehlers (LW,RW), Puljujarvi (RW), E Lindholm
    Burakovsky (LW/RW), Batherson (RW)
    Defence - Drysdale, Makar, Seider, Krug
    Goal - Shesterkin, Petersen
    IR - Byfield (C)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Potential Timo Meier Trade

One other point I forgot to mention. Timo Meier would be a keeper for me for the next 3 years as well.

Big Daddy

If he goes for the Drouin option absolutely do it, same goes for Ehlers. I wouldn’t trade Barrie straight up. He needs D but if you trade Barrie to make this deal than you’ll be in need of D. I don’t fully understand the Werenski side since you said you would trade the pick but not use it?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

We do not have a certain amount of keepers that we need to keep on our roster. We can keep as many as we want and also through all our players back into the draft if we choose to. If I keep my whole team as is, I would only be able to draft rounds 1 to 5. I would not be able to use the 6th round pick. Therefore I could use the 6th round pick as probable trade bait as well. It's a valuable pick as it would be a keeper.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I would all 3 for Meier but I have feeling only Barrie has chance to be accepted.

been wrong before but I have a feeling this time next year you will have to pay way more...he is an absolute stud in multicast formats
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the advice...any other players which I could dangle for Meier from team? I dont want to lose anyone else but I can see his potential upside....70 to 75 points.. shots...blocks..hits!

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Molson Canadian View Post
    Thanks for the advice...any other players which I could dangle for Meier from team? I dont want to lose anyone else but I can see his potential upside....70 to 75 points.. shots...blocks..hits!
    If you can see that upside, so can the GM you're dealing with, and other GMs as well. I don't think the likes of Drouin and Barrie will get it done. If I were him, I'd be asking for a Tkachuk, or Kane-plus, or Ristolainen-plus.

I'd start with something like Rittich (you start one netminder and already have Vas) and Ehlers and mention that you are giving him two young players in exchange for one. I have no idea if he needs a netminder, however, so that may not work.

Maybe a Risto for Meier is the easiest solution, and you can try to find a replacement for Risto in the draft.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by newfcollins View Post
    If you can see that upside, so can the GM you're dealing with, and other GMs as well. I don't think the likes of Drouin and Barrie will get it done. If I were him, I'd be asking for a Tkachuk, or Kane-plus, or Ristolainen-plus.

I'd start with something like Rittich (you start one netminder and already have Vas) and Ehlers and mention that you are giving him two young players in exchange for one. I have no idea if he needs a netminder, however, so that may not work.

Maybe a Risto for Meier is the easiest solution, and you can try to find a replacement for Risto in the draft.
    as u said they start 1G and it’s 12 team league with shallow bench...chances that OGM have better G than Rittich are about 100%.....I own Meier and ristorante would not be attractive enough alone.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones