Thread: [Rumor] A team in Norway has claimed that Mikko Rantanen will be starting the season with them.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default [Rumor] A team in Norway has claimed that Mikko Rantanen will be starting the season with them.

Yeah guys its per Eklund but...
    That could be the biggest surprise of the summer if true. Colorado is one of the team with a lot of cap space and are trending up as a team. It doesnt make sense for them to let Mikko do that..hmm.

click

Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [Rumor] A team in Norway has claimed that Mikko Rantanen will be starting the season with them.

Saw this on reddit a couple days ago:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/hockey/comm...orarily_taken/

RFA Mikko Rantanen has (temporarily) taken his talents to Norway.

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/st...005872128?s=20

Evansville Icemen District-5 Ducks
    LOEGM - 12 GM H2H Keeper
    G A PT SOG STA STG TRUC FOW
    W GA SV SV% SO
    WHL - 24 GM H2H Salary
    G A +/- PIM SOG PPP HIT BLK FOW
    W GA SV SO
    View Roster View Roster

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: [Rumor] A team in Norway has claimed that Mikko Rantanen will be starting the season with them.

Colorado has 23 players under contract and $15 million in cap room. I wouldn't be too concerned. I'm equally concerned with Auston Matthews playing for Arizona State this year.

Dobber Sports Master

I took the bait a few days ago when he posted a one-liner about the isles being interested in Laine . Poor guy was roasted in the comments section by half the members and defended by the other half . Quite the circus

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    I took the bait a few days ago when he posted a one-liner about the isles being interested in Laine . Poor guy was roasted in the comments section by half the members and defended by the other half . Quite the circus
    Sounds like 21st century internet

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Colorado has loads of cap space, but it doesn't surprise me if the two parties are struggling to agree on a contract. Rantanen is an awesome player, but Sakic has to think long-term and keep enough cash set aside to re-sign Mackinnon, Landeskog, and Makar over the next two to four years.

In the end, I'm sure Rantanen will be signed. Makes sense for him to at least explore other options to stay in game shape, just in case he isn't signed by training camp.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Wizard

even if its 100% Legit, this has as much impact as Marner's Swiss talk....its for training propose and to put a bit of a pressure on their team...which i dont think works to be honest.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Colorado has loads of cap space, but it doesn't surprise me if the two parties are struggling to agree on a contract. Rantanen is an awesome player, but Sakic has to think long-term and keep enough cash set aside to re-sign Mackinnon, Landeskog, and Makar over the next two to four years.

In the end, I'm sure Rantanen will be signed. Makes sense for him to at least explore other options to stay in game shape, just in case he isn't signed by training camp.
    yeah exactly. For a moment I got scared what fantasy hockey season without a player like Rantanen will look like

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    even if its 100% Legit, this has as much impact as Marner's Swiss talk....its for training propose and to put a bit of a pressure on their team...which i dont think works to be honest.
    yea yea but I guess Rantanen like it in Colorado and the only thing left is for both sides to agree on the right term and money. Of all the RFAs Im actually the least concerned about Rantanen leaving his team.
    It looks like Im the one who is late on this one I had internet problems these days and apparently missed this news/rumor.
    Devils & Predators fan