Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: 2019 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 9

Congrats on the win Zorro, good luck in the semis!

The McCaffrey juggernaut slowed a bit and shifty quarterback play slowed me down the past couple weeks. Just couldn't quite keep up! Great season though, enjoyed it. Looking forward to next year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Well... my RBs are absolutely hobbling into Week 15 Semi-Final.

Jacobs (OAK), my round 4 pick, has been about a 15pt player since Week #5... injured last week.
    Coleman (SF), my round 5 pick, teased me with a 36.8pt game in Week #8... and stepped in the hole-of-shit shortly after that...
    Howard (PHI), who I grabbed after his 31.0pt week #4 game, still averaged 12pts thru Week #9... injured since
    And Penny (SEA), who I claimed with my #1claim after a 18.90pt Week #12, and who gave me a 24.70pt Week #13... goes all torn-ACL minutes into Week #14, out for year.
    The flyer I took a few weeks ago on TB RB2 Barber... starting to look like he's my most dependable option! Oh shit!

I don't know if I should root for Jacobs to play or not in Week #15.
    Fortunately I won my waiver bid for DeAndre over Le'Veon - who also put in claims for AP.

Props to our leaguemates this year, where NOBODY out-of-contention made claims on the top players.
    Thanks boys!!!

Starting Line-Up (currently) for Week #15 vs. Zorro
    PROJ
    22.24pts QB-Watson
    15.54pts WR-Tyreek
    14.22pts WR-Julio
    12.81pts RB-Jacobs (TBD)
    6.40pts RB-Barber
    ***9.58pts or 10.01pts*** TE-Waller vs. Hooper (Waller's been more solid lately... I'm leaning towards him)
    12.65pts FLEX-ARob
    9.09pts K-Gould
    9.32pts D-BAL

Big Thursday night game for Baltimore at home vs. NYJ.
    Hopefully weather is effin cold and the Jets offense is poor.
    Need a big start.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Well... my RBs are absolutely hobbling into Week 15 Semi-Final.

Jacobs (OAK), my round 4 pick, has been about a 15pt player since Week #5... injured last week.
    Coleman (SF), my round 5 pick, teased me with a 36.8pt game in Week #8... and stepped in the hole-of-shit shortly after that...
    Howard (PHI), who I grabbed after his 31.0pt week #4 game, still averaged 12pts thru Week #9... injured since
    And Penny (SEA), who I claimed with my #1claim after a 18.90pt Week #12, and who gave me a 24.70pt Week #13... goes all torn-ACL minutes into Week #14, out for year.
    The flyer I took a few weeks ago on TB RB2 Barber... starting to look like he's my most dependable option! Oh shit!

I don't know if I should root for Jacobs to play or not in Week #15.
    Fortunately I won my waiver bid for DeAndre over Le'Veon - who also put in claims for AP.

Props to our leaguemates this year, where NOBODY out-of-contention made claims on the top players.
    Thanks boys!!!

Starting Line-Up (currently) for Week #15 vs. Zorro
    PROJ
    22.24pts QB-Watson
    15.54pts WR-Tyreek
    14.22pts WR-Julio
    12.81pts RB-Jacobs (TBD)
    6.40pts RB-Barber
    ***9.58pts or 10.01pts*** TE-Waller vs. Hooper (Waller's been more solid lately... I'm leaning towards him)
    12.65pts FLEX-ARob
    9.09pts K-Gould
    9.32pts D-BAL

Big Thursday night game for Baltimore at home vs. NYJ.
    Hopefully weather is effin cold and the Jets offense is poor.
    Need a big start.
    That would be greasy!

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, Gusev, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Burns, Zuccarello, JBoqvist, JSchwartz, KPalmieri, KConnor, Necas, Yandle, Point, Konecny, TBertuzzi, NSchmaltz, Vrana

G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Thanks boys!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That would be greasy!
    Okay, for the record...once again...in my only other fantasy football league, all the non-playoff teams compete in a 3 week total points (Toilet Bowl) where the top point getter gets his money back. I was in autopilot mode and made a pick up or two in our league AFTER I was eliminated. It was honestly made without malice or knowing who needed what, other than my teams needs. I get how it looked now, but as I said then, there was no intent to screw anyone over. It just turns out that it affected someone whose online demeanor I'm not particularly fond of (rataylor, for those who don't know). I will not do that again because it does come across as potentially spiteful.

This year, I DID make two pick ups last week to try and screw my opponent (coincidentally rataylor!) up after I noticed that his TE was listed as OUT for the week and he didn't have a back up. I took 2 TE's that I thought were at the top of the FA pile (giving me 5 total, lol), but that didn't matter as the TE he picked up scored 14.20 points (5.58 projected) - so much for my strategy. It didn't matter in the end as my team went bonkers and likely shot it's load with 148.42 points, including 4 guys with more than 20 points. Sadly, I am not confident in a repeat this week. Rest assured that if I am eliminated, I will leave the FA's to those left in contention.
    1988 Nobel Peace Prize Winner

https://www.nobelprize.org/prizes/pe...press-release/

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket