Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading for Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trading for Svechnikov

Help me put together a package to try and net me Svechnikov...

16 Team, Full dynasty league
    H2H Cats - G A PTS SOG Hts Blks FOW TOI

Start 3-C, 3-RW, 3-LW, 6-D, 1-G

My roster:

C: Tavares Bergeron Kopitar Backstrom Dvorak Dach Rees Robertson Brooks
    LW: Debrincat Hall Lehkonen Crouse Fabbri Goldobin Gusev Blichfeld Carrier M.Strome
    RW: P.Kane Atkinson Stone Roslovic Eberle Tolvanen Bjork Garland
    D: Giordano Hamilton Krug Yandle Russell Zaitsev LaCombe A.Honka Bear Durzi
    G: Price Rinne Jarry Gillies Brossoit Campbell Larsson Woll

Target's roster:

C:Barzal Hayes Matthews Henrique Eakin Patrick Wennberg Frost Krostin McLeod Zegras Kunin
    LW: Svechnikov Saad Greenway Wood Boldy Fagemo Foegele Steenbergen
    RW: Kakko Boeser Dzingel Coyle Batherson Caufield Rasmussen
    D: Parayko Sergachev Forsling Green Murray Girardi Bouchard Brannstrom Hronek Jokiharju Liljegren Makar Myers
    G: Schneider Grubauer Husso Knight Samsonov

Thanks

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Re: Trading for Svechnikov

I would try something with Gusev, with a prospect and a pick. I'd try Gusev + Tolvanen and see if he bites. Then maybe offer tossing him a nice pick, but avoid the first rounders because the 2020 draft is super dirty.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Star

With Svechnikov being the only LW on his team worth anything, with no prospects to replace that projected production anytime soon, you're either going to need to overwhelm in other positions or you're going to have to bite the bullet on dealing DeBrincat or Hall. Trying Gusev is a good gambit, but until Gusev gets dealt and signed on a new team, I don't think an owner with awareness would accept Gusev as a replacement.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Yeah good point.... looking at it that way it likely won't make sense for the other owner...

Maybe I'll try another league I'm in.... I want to get exposure to this guy before he blows up!

Dobber Sports Legend

How about DeBrincat and Tolvanen for Svechnikov and Kakko?
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    How about DeBrincat and Tolvanen for Svechnikov and Kakko?
    He could try it, but may not be enough to get the Svech/Kakko side. At their peaks DeBrincat and Svech could have pretty similar ceilings, and to me Kakko>>>Tolvanen, both in ability and quality of situation.

The recency of DeBrincat being the first to pass 40G/75pts might sway it somewhat, especially after Svech's ''disappointing'' season (if context is overlooked by the other GM). But looking down the road I'd rather have the Kakko/Svech side by a lot. And I LOVE DeBrincat.

Worth a try though I guess as it would be a massive win for OP over the long term. Even if DeBrincat is the most productive player in the deal for another season or two.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    He could try it, but may not be enough to get the Svech/Kakko side. At their peaks DeBrincat and Svech could have pretty similar ceilings, and to me Kakko>>>Tolvanen, both in ability and quality of situation.

The recency of DeBrincat being the first to pass 40G/75pts might sway it somewhat, especially after Svech's ''disappointing'' season (if context is overlooked by the other GM). But looking down the road I'd rather have the Kakko/Svech side by a lot. And I LOVE DeBrincat.

Worth a try though I guess as it would be a massive win for OP over the long term. Even if DeBrincat is the most productive player in the deal for another season or two.
    +1. I agree he'd have to add; maybe throw in Gusev given that the OGM is weakest at LW.

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post

Yep...certainly an ambitious offer. But, like you said, DeBrincat has some nice stats to get some attention...and Tolvanen is still considered a blue chip.
    It's worth a shot at the very least.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Genius

Appeal to his desire for youth. Offer him Debrincat / Dach / Gusev / Tolvanen / Campbell / Goldobin --for-- Svechnikov / Boeser / Girardi / Henrique
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Appeal to his desire for youth. Offer him Debrincat / Dach / Gusev / Tolvanen / Campbell / Goldobin --for-- Svechnikov / Boeser / Girardi / Henrique
    I literally had forgotten Goldobin existed up until this moment.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I literally had forgotten Goldobin existed up until this moment.
    Yes, very nice, but what about the trade offer? LOL

Dobber Sports Giant

Yes, very nice, but what about the trade offer? LOL
    I'm not a big fan of Dach or Tolvanen, so I would probably do that deal in a second to grab Svechnikov and Boeser. DeBrincat is a tough loss, but he's kind of a "glass cannon" fantasy producer, lots of points and shots but no peripheral production. Svechnikov projects to fill out the sheet.

DeBrincat > Svechnikov (not for long)
    Dach, Gusev, and Tolvanen < Boeser (maybe not long term, but worth the risk)

The other pieces are kind of inconsequential, but I definitely prefer the Svechnikov + Boeser side of the deal.

Dobber Sports Genius

I'm not a big fan of Dach or Tolvanen, so I would probably do that deal in a second to grab Svechnikov and Boeser. DeBrincat is a tough loss, but he's kind of a "glass cannon" fantasy producer, lots of points and shots but no peripheral production. Svechnikov projects to fill out the sheet.

DeBrincat > Svechnikov (not for long)
    Dach, Gusev, and Tolvanen < Boeser (maybe not long term, but worth the risk)

The other pieces are kind of inconsequential, but I definitely prefer the Svechnikov + Boeser side of the deal.
    Do you see the other GM leaning towards accepting it?

Dobber Sports Giant

Do you see the other GM leaning towards accepting it?
    He looks to be rebuilding, so it could be appealing to add a bunch of assets. Gusev should be a nice contributor, and could be flipped midseason for other assets / prospects / picks. Dach and Tolvanen are good prospects, but just that ... prospects. Ditto for Campbell, as I like Petersen more -- but again he's a potential asset with upside and a situation that could work out for him. Goldobin is just filler, but who knows? GMs have placed value on weirder things before.

Ultimately I think it comes down to how he sees Dach. If he believes he's a stud 1C prospect destined for first line production, then maybe he accepts this one. Maybe he really likes Gusev or the potential upside of Tolvanen. Or he's a big believer in Campbell, lots of possibilities here. Drown him with quantity so he doesn't question the quality as much. It's not a bad approach.

Dobber Sports Genius

He looks to be rebuilding, so it could be appealing to add a bunch of assets. Gusev should be a nice contributor, and could be flipped midseason for other assets / prospects / picks. Dach and Tolvanen are good prospects, but just that ... prospects. Ditto for Campbell, as I like Petersen more -- but again he's a potential asset with upside and a situation that could work out for him. Goldobin is just filler, but who knows? GMs have placed value on weirder things before.

Ultimately I think it comes down to how he sees Dach. If he believes he's a stud 1C prospect destined for first line production, then maybe he accepts this one. Maybe he really likes Gusev or the potential upside of Tolvanen. Or he's a big believer in Campbell, lots of possibilities here. Drown him with quantity so he doesn't question the quality as much. It's not a bad approach.
    And tack back Girardi and Henrique, two guys that do not fit his plan what so ever.