Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Labanc

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Labanc

Quote Originally Posted by Spinorama514 View Post
    I was putting Labanc on $3-4M on a bridge contract and considering dropping him cause my cap is super tight.

At $1M this is a very easy decision to keep, especially with the players they lost, and if Thornton doesn't re-sign, even better.
    Yeah I was expecting the same thing for the contract and wouldn't have been surprised with a little over 4M with some of the crazy contracts going around. I had no plan on keeping him but now I guess I have no choice!

And thanks to everyone who replied to this thread and others I have posted. This is my go to place for all things hockey pool and although I don't participate much in the conversations I really appreciate everyone who takes the time to answer some of my questions when it comes to making tough decisions.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Makes sense, though I was thinking of doing that with a trade. Not sure what the cost would be for that, let alone getting you the other guys (haven't really explained what they would cost for you).

If I had to pick one, it would be FF/JM.
    Thanks Esk

Just to wrap up this side conversation, I'm unable to acquire my final roster player via trade. It is complicated to explain, but basically I have no choice but to draft the player.

Also, if you care to know, I have virtually no more prospects or valuable draft picks to use as trade bait. I went "all in" the last few years to build a contending team (and have won the league 3 times in 6 years and gotten to the Final two other times). As a result the only assets I have as trade bait are the roster players you see, most notably one of my goalies (I can only keep two), and Forsberg or OEL (whichever player I don't protect). I think I can get one player with my extra goalie (my target right now is Labanc or Morrissey). Forsberg and OEL have very little trade value because of their salaries, and everyone in the league knows I can't keep both of them. Also, I am in a bit of a hold up situation until Connor and Point sign their extensions. At the moment, I'm tentatively assuming they sign for no more than $17 million combined for next season (actual 2019-20 salary and not AAV). If either of them signs a heavily front-loaded deal with lots of bonus money, and ends up with a salary like Aho's (e.g., $12+ million), then I will have to trade one of them, or another high-priced player (Kucherov, Landeskog).

Anyway, thanks for the help/advice. I'd REP you but apparently I have done so recently and can't give you anymore atm.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JAC123 View Post
    Crazy,
    One million dollars?
    What was his agent thinking?
    This is what I've been wondering. He's in a good situation and he knows he'll be getting paid next year (probably). But this is just so far below market value that I don't understand it.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Labanc seems to be getting a lot of love lately. I have a chance to get him in my salary cap dynasty league for Andreas Johnsson. Our leagues salaries are derived from our auction draft and then a % increase for keepers.

Labanc is $1.5mil and Johnsson is $1mill this season. Who would you rather have for a rebuilding team?
    Dynasty Auction Salary(millions),Points,13 Team,12F/6D/2G/4Res/Minors
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    G: Vasilevsky 4.5, Demko 3.7, Hill 1.7
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie
    Draft Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

The Great One

I prefer Labanc over Johnsson
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Ace

Labanc by quite a bit. He's getting love for the right reasons: perfect progression towards a sustained a breakout at a cheap contract (for salary leagues)
    H2H Dynasty, 16 Team Salary: G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits, BKS, SHTOI, W, Sv%, Saves, GA%, (4C, 4RW, 4LW, 6D, 1G)

C: Crosby, Malkin, Larkin, Hartman, McBain, Joshua
    RW: Rantanen, Konecny, Strome, Batherson, Zetterland
    LW: Buchnevich, Ehlers, Marchessault, Bertuzzi, Acciari
    D: McNabb, Ferraro, Hakanpaa, Lyabushkin, Samuelsson, Bernard-Docker, Emberson
    G: Merzlikens, Daccord, Samsonov
    Prospects: Kurich, Lucius, Pelletier, Cristall, Yurov, Beckman, Brisson, Dean, Phillips, Poitras

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Toews Took My Girl View Post
    Labanc seems to be getting a lot of love lately. I have a chance to get him in my salary cap dynasty league for Andreas Johnsson. Our leagues salaries are derived from our auction draft and then a % increase for keepers.

Labanc is $1.5mil and Johnsson is $1mill this season. Who would you rather have for a rebuilding team?
    Both. I'd try to find a way to get the OGM off Johnsson and try to piece something else together - try Kerfoot, Saad, Fiala
    He'll spend some time on AM's wing at 5x5 this year (no promises he sticks) - but is the most likely candidate to slide onto PP1 with the departure of Kadri due to his shot.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Labanc ($1.5mil) + Doughty ($7.5mil) for my 2020 2nd (13-24thpick overall) & Alex Nylander

Labanc > Assets lost? Points only. Dynasty. Team in Sig. Labanc owner is in the top 3 in the league and needs to dump the Doughty contract. I'm new and "rebuilding" .... actually just straight up "building"
    Dynasty Auction Salary(millions),Points,13 Team,12F/6D/2G/4Res/Minors
    F:
    Marchard 6.8, Huberdeau 5.5, P. Kane 4.5, Kuznetsov 3.7, Nichuskin 3.6, Johansen 3.1, Kakko 2.7, Kuzmenko 2.5, Rust 2.5, Seguin 2.2, Perron 1.0, Chytil 0.5, Krebs 0.5, N. Robertson 0.5 D: Chabot 4.6, Nurse 4.32, Forsling 4.176, Zellweger 0.9,
    G: Vasilevsky 4.5, Demko 3.7, Hill 1.7
    Minors: Byfield, Lafreniere, Perfetti, Raymond, Drysdale, Gunler, Grans, Greig, L'Hereaux, K. Johnson, Rosen, B. Clarke, Bourgault, Othmann, Lysell, Korchinski, Dumais, Pickering, Howard, Snuggerud, Ritchie
    Draft Picks: 2024 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd

The Great One

Labanc ($1.5mil) + Doughty ($7.5mil) for my 2020 2nd (13-24thpick overall) & Alex Nylander

Labanc > Assets lost? Points only. Dynasty. Team in Sig. Labanc owner is in the top 3 in the league and needs to dump the Doughty contract. I'm new and "rebuilding" .... actually just straight up "building"
    If you can afford Doughty, I think that's a good deal for you.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    If you can afford Doughty, I think that's a good deal for you.
    I'll agree with that. Labanc can then be flipped for a ransom to a contender for this season before he re-ups for a lot more.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Snag that deal... solid.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks guys. The more I looked at it it was a win/win for me. Either Labanc is a 55-65pt keeper for pennies and a key piece in my build or I flip him for a good haul of assets. Trade accepted and processed.

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'll agree with that. Labanc can then be flipped for a ransom to a contender for this season before he re-ups for a lot more.
    The salaries operate on a percentage escalator each year in the OP's league, so Labanc's contract will be < $2m for the next couple seasons, and then increase by 500k each year. It's going to be an incredible value contract for at least a few seasons, so even more valuable than just this season.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin