Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gardnier?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Gardnier?

Ringing endorsement

Dobber Sports Veteran

I think the back problems Grdiner has are stopping teams to sign him. Thers a risk of course. Maybe he will end up with a deal similar to Simmonds. One year around 5-5,5.
    Devils & Predators fan

The Great One

There is no way Gardiner takes a one year deal. That doesn’t make any sense for him. He’ll have to compromise a little bit he’ll find a team that’ll go 5 years. He just needs to show he’s healthy.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    There is no way Gardiner takes a one year deal. That doesn’t make any sense for him. He’ll have to compromise a little bit he’ll find a team that’ll go 5 years. He just needs to show he’s healthy.
    Yeah I get that. From Gardiner that would be the worst case scenarion. But what GM would risk to sign him long term? The answer is probably a desperate one...
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Giant

NHL managers are complete idiots, so it wouldn't surprise me if Gardiner's contract seems like junk when he finally signs. But sure, let's give Tyler Myers $6m and let's get Brandon Tanev on a 6-year contract.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Any updates on this cat? Someone dropped him in my league and I gladly snatched him up.
    I love that you referred to Gardiner as a "cat" and you used the word "snatched" all in the same post!! Beauty post!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Administrator

What's happening with Gardiner happens every year. We get the July 1st rush and then the remaining players take a lot longer. Players are holding out for one of the teams to offer a better contract and teams are sitting back waiting for a player to change his mind. Then when one signs a few others usually follow. With Gardiner it could be as simple as teams offering 2 years while he's waiting for one of them to add a year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

Still his health issues are the major factor that hes not signed yet. Otherwise for example a team like Detroit that has needs on D would've signed him already? But a team will take adventage in a way that other teams are willing to sign him for only 1 year. That team finally will give him two years term just to make the difference.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Giant

Quote Originally Posted by j0hn_d0e View Post
    Still his health issues are the major factor that hes not signed yet. Otherwise for example a team like Detroit that has needs on D would've signed him already? But a team will take adventage in a way that other teams are willing to sign him for only 1 year. That team finally will give him two years term just to make the difference.
    I feel like if it was his back, we would have heard something about it by now. I could be wrong, but that seems like a piece of information that would've been reported at this point. By all accounts his back is healthy, and there's no need for surgery. In the end, you never know what's really going on behind the scenes. It's surprising that such an effective player on the right side of 30 still doesn't have a contract as we're pushing into August.

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mounD View Post
    I feel like if it was his back, we would have heard something about it by now. I could be wrong, but that seems like a piece of information that would've been reported at this point. By all accounts his back is healthy, and there's no need for surgery. In the end, you never know what's really going on behind the scenes. It's surprising that such an effective player on the right side of 30 still doesn't have a contract as we're pushing into August.
    Its surprising definitely.

In the end, you never know what's really going on behind the scenes.
    Exactly. But aren't team ask for physical reports when they negotiate with a player or he visit the team for a tryout or something. Every team has their own staff and maybe some have seen something with his health reports that is questionable.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Giant

Its surprising definitely.

Exactly. But aren't team ask for physical reports when they negotiate with a player or he visit the team for a tryout or something. Every team has their own staff and maybe some have seen something with his health reports that is questionable.
    That's what I'm saying ... I'm certain he's gotten some offers already and at least been talking with teams. If there were back issues, we would have heard reports of that by now. It's just a strange situation. The massive crop of RFAs awaiting the conclusion of the Marner situation kind of holds up the rest of the major business of the offseason, and there's every reason to believe that if/when Mitch signs, the rest of the pieces are going to start to fall.

Dobber Sports Veteran

That's what I'm saying ... I'm certain he's gotten some offers already and at least been talking with teams. If there were back issues, we would have heard reports of that by now. It's just a strange situation. The massive crop of RFAs awaiting the conclusion of the Marner situation kind of holds up the rest of the major business of the offseason, and there's every reason to believe that if/when Mitch signs, the rest of the pieces are going to start to fall.
    Thats probably going into mid to late September I guess. As a Devils fan I just hope that Hall's situation isnt going on the similar road. If you are deciding to hit the market just tell Shero at the start of the season.
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Giant

Thats probably going into mid to late September I guess. As a Devils fan I just hope that Hall's situation isnt going on the similar road. If you are deciding to hit the market just tell Shero at the start of the season.
    Not to diverge off topic, but I think Jersey has a really good shot to sign Hall. Adding Subban and Hughes in one offseason is a huge, huge deal for that franchise. With guys like Boqvist and Ty Smith pretty close to making NHL impacts, they seem like a team that's definitely on the rise. I'd be surprised if after this season Hall doesn't want to be a part of what's happening there. The chance to play long-term alongside someone like Hughes will be pretty tempting, and they will back up the Brinks truck for him.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not to diverge off topic, but I think Jersey has a really good shot to sign Hall. Adding Subban and Hughes in one offseason is a huge, huge deal for that franchise. With guys like Boqvist and Ty Smith pretty close to making NHL impacts, they seem like a team that's definitely on the rise. I'd be surprised if after this season Hall doesn't want to be a part of what's happening there. The chance to play long-term alongside someone like Hughes will be pretty tempting, and they will back up the Brinks truck for him.
    So Im going to reply with quote your post in the New Jersey Devils thread (handshake)
    Devils & Predators fan

Dobber Sports Giant

So Im going to reply with quote your post in the New Jersey Devils thread (handshake)
    It is fluff month after all, so ... deal.