Thread: Cut 2/3, easy peasy?

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Cut 2/3, easy peasy?

Hey all,

I always like bouncing off to community before making a decision so here’s the latest:
    I need to keep 1 of these 3 and cut the other 2 (tried trading but not bites):

- Sonny Milano (approaching the limit to be considered a prospect at <80 games so will need to be rostered sooner than later meaning he takes up 1 of my 20 NHLer spots early on)
    - Sergei Shumakov (great skills but is he ever going to be back in North America?)
    - Zach Senyshyn (had promise but seems to have fallen off the radar)

So who would you keep here?
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Cut 2/3, easy peasy?

Can the answer be none of the above and find a guy like Tim Gettinger who might be unowned?
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Can the answer be none of the above and find a guy like Tim Gettinger who might be unowned?
    I don't even know if that deep of a dive is required.

14x15 = 210 prospects.
    Most teams seem to carry 2G and 3D prospects - that's 70 non-forward prospects claimed on rosters.

This could put someone like Kole Lind, Berggren, Perunovich (D), Vorobyov, Groulx, Madden (all on Dobbers top 200F prospects in the 80-130 range)
    on the wire.

It's also possible a player like Dube, Appleton, Chmelevski, Gambrell sits unowned as well. Lesser known players sitting in the top 60 on June rankings.

I'd almost guarantee if you run through Dobbers prospect rankings, you'll find someone in the top 75 un-owned.

My answer, with the above information would be non-of-the-above
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree with the above. I'd vote for none of the above at this point for them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

I should actually answer the question though if replacing isn't an option and it makes more sense to have a spot filled post-cuts. I'd keep Milano of the three. He at least offers potential production immediately in Oct. Really though, I'd view this prospect spot as 100% replacement material

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I should actually answer the question though if replacing isn't an option and it makes more sense to have a spot filled post-cuts. I'd keep Milano of the three. He at least offers potential production immediately in Oct. Really though, I'd view this prospect spot as 100% replacement material
    I'll agree with that.
    As for Gettinger, he was just the first guy off the top of my head that was probably unowned.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'll agree with that.
    As for Gettinger, he was just the first guy off the top of my head that was probably unowned.
    Fair enough... I'm in a 14 team 15 prospect pool and at the end of last season I swiped Akil Thomas & Rasmus Andersson off the wire.
    I was using that pool a reference point.

it makes trading picks away a lot easier to swallow when that value is readily available for free.

Dobber Sports Giant

Thanks guys, leaning towards Milano as well!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay