Thread: Jost

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Jost

Hey all,

Guy has made Jost available, said he’s looking for “a pick or two.” We do a two round, entry level draft. I have 6th, 7th, 18, and 30 overall and one second rounder.

Was underwhelmed by his regular season but he looked good in the playoffs- wondering what anyone else thought of him now?

Will rep where I can.
    32 Team Keeper League
    Dynasty, unlimited prospects.
    $62 million salary cap (negotiate our own salaries)
    Current roster:
    Centers: Hintz, Eichel, Zegras, M. Barron, Schiefele.
    Wingers: T. Thompson, Teravainen, Slafovsky, Duchene/J. Benn
    Defencemen: Q Hughes, , Hamilton, Fowler, Borowiecki, Liljegren
    Goalies: F. Andersen, Conor Ingram, M. Murray
    Farm: Egor Sokolov, Jett Woo,
    Skater points: Goals, Assists, +/-, PiMs, GWG, Points
    Goalie points: Ws, GAA, SV%, SHO

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: Jost

I'd start with 30th and offer 18th. But def. not a top 10 pick.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I wouldn't do anything with a top 10 pick for him. He has talent and probably has similar upside to anyone you'd draft with the 18th but has a higher ceiling. So I'd be fine offering 18th + 30th. But it's possible 18th and your second would be enough.

Looking at your sig though, are you able to pick up prospects during the year (since it says unlimited I'd guess no?). If you can't, I may lean towards keeping the picks, as your team needs to find a few later round hits to turn it around.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    I wouldn't do anything with a top 10 pick for him. He has talent and probably has similar upside to anyone you'd draft with the 18th but has a higher ceiling. So I'd be fine offering 18th + 30th. But it's possible 18th and your second would be enough.

Looking at your sig though, are you able to pick up prospects during the year (since it says unlimited I'd guess no?). If you can't, I may lean towards keeping the picks, as your team needs to find a few later round hits to turn it around.
    Anyone not rafted in our draft are automatically assigned to the teams that drafted them in real life (so I get all the Senators picks not selected by other Gms in our league) and anyone who goes undrafted in both our draft and the NHL draft becomes free agents to be bid on at any time.

Here’s my farm team stand outs heading into this draft: Q. Hughes, K’Andre Miller, Lias Anderson, Logan Brown, Jake Bean. There’s a couple lower tier guys, but that’s the gist of it.

I was gonna post separately (and I might still) but would it be better to draft 18th and 30th, trade those picks for Jost, or package them together and try to move into the top 10 again?

Dobber Sports Deity

Most was a highly touted prospect coming out of the draft but has yet to live up to the excitement. I don't expect him to become much more than a 3rd line center going forward but it's still early. What I do know is his value isn't what it was.

I'd offer the 30th overall but nothing more than that at this point.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Most was a highly touted prospect coming out of the draft but has yet to live up to the excitement. I don't expect him to become much more than a 3rd line center going forward but it's still early. What I do know is his value isn't what it was.

I'd offer the 30th overall but nothing more than that at this point.
    He said he’d do it for my second rounder, which is 35th overall. You pull the trigger on that?

Dobber Sports Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishJet View Post
    He said he’d do it for my second rounder, which is 35th overall. You pull the trigger on that?
    For 35th overall, I would give it a shot. At least you'll know within the next year or two what you have in Jost. It could be a 4 year wait to see what the 35th overall brings.
    8-GM / WK-H2H
    Forwards: G=2, A=1, PP/SH= +1, GWG= +2, Shootout G=1, HT= +1
    D-Men/Captain: G=3/A=2
    Goalies: W=3, OTL=1, SO= +2, SV= .10

Start = 13F, 6D, 2G / Keep 44 (3G)
    Captain: Matthews
    (F): MacKinnon, Pasta, Marner, Rantanen, Malkin, Barkov, M.Tkachuk, W.Nylander, Pettersson, Gaudreau, Laine, Keller, Miller, B.Tkachuk, Stutzle, DeBrincat, L.Raymond, K.Johnson, Cozens, Quinn, Guenther, Kulich, Cooley
    (D): Makar, Dahlin, Q.Hughes, Ekblad, Rielly, Werenski, Letang, Jones, Chychrun,
    Seider, Edvinsson, Jiricek, Korchinski, Mintyukov, Ceulemans, Hutson
    (G): Shesterkin, Demko, Vejmelka

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by fungchen3 View Post
    For 35th overall, I would give it a shot. At least you'll know within the next year or two what you have in Jost. It could be a 4 year wait to see what the 35th overall brings.
    I'm on board with this. Take Jost for 35.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd do that in a millisecond. You gain certainty & development time.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

I would, yes, why not? Jost has some ice under his belt, will improve.
    35th pick is just as much as a gamble maybe more, so why not take the flier on Jost.

CAN-AM National Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM United Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM Memorial Hockey League ~ 6th Year
    CAN-AM Hockey Association - 1st year

Dobber Sports Icon

Jost for pick 35 is a definite accept. I would probably give up anything outside of the top 9 picks in this year's draft for Jost.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, id be fine with that.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Jost for pick 35 is a definite accept. I would probably give up anything outside of the top 9 picks in this year's draft for Jost.
    I'm with Chuck. Take Jost and enjoy a modest breakout season from the young gun this coming season - I'm hoping for somewhere in that ~40-45 point range followed up by a 55+ point 4th season and then a surge toward 65-70 if all goes according to plan. He just needs the ice time and quality line-mates which I think will come with time as he starts seizing more and more opportunities.
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko