Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: M.Tkachuk or Rantanen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default M.Tkachuk or Rantanen

League in sig, counts hits so I’m not sure.

I have Chucky, been offered Rants for him and it’s tempting, I feel like my left side is weaker though and that’s what is stopping me. Rantanen has 9-1 fp/g last year while chucky 8.1
    Team One (Mercenaries Of Mandalore) 24T Dynasty, 4LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 4B - G, A1, A2, PPG, PPA, SHP, SOG, FOW, FOL, TK, GV, HIT, BLK, FT, ||| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Team Two (Hamilton Tigers) 16T Dynasty - 3LW/RW/C, 6D, 2G, 6B - G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, BLK, HIT, FOW| W, L, GA, SV, SHO, A

Click here for my teams (not up to date)

Links are too a google document.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: M.Tkachuk or Rantanen

I'd probably sell high on Tkachuk and get Rantanen if it's a straight up trade. Tkachuk over-reached a little last season in my mind whereas Rantanen has back to back 84+ point seasons and is glued to one of the top 5 players in hockey.

Your RW has the POTENTIAL to be pretty strong but Kakko has not even been drafted yet and guys like Mantha and Svech are awaiting breakouts that may or may not happen this year. Rantanen would instantly be your best winger.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Jedi

no PIM impacts Tkachuk's MC value a fair amount... I'd take this deal in a heartbeat.

He's locked with Mack. They sit with 2 1st rounders, Makar incoming, Jost showing life and money to burn on UFA's. Spent the right way (always a concern) this team is on the way up
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

The Great One

I like Rantanen here. I feel your RW and LW are about the same in terms of depth, so you might as go with the better player regardless of position.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Pro

If it's not a salary league then I'd go with Rantanen as well. I disagree that Tkachuk overreached last year though - not too many players get 77 points as a 21 year old.

Dobber Sports Sage

You have 3 stud LWs in Tkachuk, RNH and Hertl. You can probably afford to move one, no? I like Rantanen and I would do it, he is your new RW1. He and Kakko will lead you to victory, someday.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    You have 3 stud LWs in Tkachuk, RNH and Hertl. You can probably afford to move one, no? I like Rantanen and I would do it, he is your new RW1. He and Kakko will lead you to victory, someday.
    I've never heard RNH referred to as a stud before.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I've never heard RNH referred to as a stud before.
    He is a very good winger in my scoring system, its a matter of individual taste

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    He is a very good winger in my scoring system, its a matter of individual taste
    for sure...it just seems odd to see someone praising RNH. The problem with him is that he never lived up to the hype of being a first overall pick, so now he is so undervalued that even after a 69 pt season a lot of people wouldn't want him on their fantasy squad. I'm not sure he can repeat or exceed 69 pts, but playing on the top PP unit with two 100 pt players should enable him to eclipse 60 points most years. That's nice, solid contribution for a winger who can also contribute in FOWs.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Administrator

Rantanen > Tkachuk

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Shift Disturber View Post
    If it's not a salary league then I'd go with Rantanen as well. I disagree that Tkachuk overreached last year though - not too many players get 77 points as a 21 year old.
    I guess I'm looking at the Flames overall and I'm skeptical how many of this seasons' sudden career high totals get repeated. Does Giordano repeat? I'm doubtful. Does Lindholm? I'm doubtful. Does Monahan? Maybe. Gaudreau is the sure bet on that roster and everybody else around him could crash back to earth for all we know. Maybe they found the sweet spot and all of the sudden production spikes are sustainable or maybe they overachieved as a group and settle out some next season.

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Sage

for sure...it just seems odd to see someone praising RNH. The problem with him is that he never lived up to the hype of being a first overall pick, so now he is so undervalued that even after a 69 pt season a lot of people wouldn't want him on their fantasy squad. I'm not sure he can repeat or exceed 69 pts, but playing on the top PP unit with two 100 pt players should enable him to eclipse 60 points most years. That's nice, solid contribution for a winger who can also contribute in FOWs.
    I feel like he has another level in him but we wont see it until the Soilers have straightened out some issues and upgraded.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenInferno View Post
    I guess I'm looking at the Flames overall and I'm skeptical how many of this seasons' sudden career high totals get repeated. Does Giordano repeat? I'm doubtful. Does Lindholm? I'm doubtful. Does Monahan? Maybe. Gaudreau is the sure bet on that roster and everybody else around him could crash back to earth for all we know. Maybe they found the sweet spot and all of the sudden production spikes are sustainable or maybe they overachieved as a group and settle out some next season.
    I tend to agree with you on the Flames in general. They remind me of the Flyers two seasons ago when Giroux scored 102, Voracek scored 85, Couturier scored 76, and Gostisbehere scored 65. All those totals were career highs, similar to what just happened in Calgary. Everything went right for the Flyers the year they all had career highs, but this past season all those Flyers regressed, except Couturier.

I think Tkachuk is a terrific player capable of 80+pts, but like you I think a market correction is going to happen in Calgary next year. I bet no one repeats their numbers. That said, if I had to pick one player most likely to repeat on Calgary, my pick would be Tkachuk.

Regardless, if Tkachuk is a "safe" 70-80 pt player, Rantanen is even more safe to score over 80 with potential for 90+. Heck, he might have scored 100+ this past season if not for injuries.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Padawan

I tend to agree with you on the Flames in general. They remind me of the Flyers two seasons ago when Giroux scored 102, Voracek scored 85, Couturier scored 76, and Gostisbehere scored 65. All those totals were career highs, similar to what just happened in Calgary. Everything went right for the Flyers the year they all had career highs, but this past season all those Flyers regressed, except Couturier.

I think Tkachuk is a terrific player capable of 80+pts, but like you I think a market correction is going to happen in Calgary next year. I bet no one repeats their numbers. That said, if I had to pick one player most likely to repeat on Calgary, my pick would be Tkachuk.

Regardless, if Tkachuk is a "safe" 70-80 pt player, Rantanen is even more safe to score over 80 with potential for 90+. Heck, he might have scored 100+ this past season if not for injuries.
    The Flyers comparison is a good one and you pretty much summed up my thoughts perfectly. It's not that I don't like Tkachuk and don't think he can be an 80pt player at some point I just think there is some correction coming in Calgary.

That and Rantanen is the overall better player regardless, so it's still a trade I'd make even if I did think Tkachuk would hit 80pts next season.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I'm sure Tkachuk will hit 80 in the next couple of years...
    I'm also pretty sure Rantanen will hit 100 in the next couple of years
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4