View Poll Results: Stanley Cup Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues

Voters
42. This poll is closed
  • Bruins in 4

0 0%
  • Bruins in 5

2 4.76%
  • Bruins in 6

13 30.95%
  • Bruins in 7

3 7.14%
  • Blues in 4

2 4.76%
  • Blues in 5

1 2.38%
  • Blues in 6

12 28.57%
  • Blues in 7

9 21.43%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanley Cup Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Stanley Cup Final: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (C3) St. Louis Blues

This was arguably the most important game in the series.
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Deity

#Winnington
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Big Daddy

The refs managed to steal the show yet again. The incompetence of the NHL officiating this postseason has been unbelievable. This needs to be addressed in the offseason.

Dobber Sports Expert

Everyone is up in arms over Bozak's trip but I can't get past Acciari's blatant embellishment of it. I truly think he hurt himself throwing his back to the ice dramatically. I probably wouldn't have called a penalty either after seeing Acciari 'crying wolf' and taking himself out of the play like that.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Everyone is up in arms over Bozak's trip but I can't get past Acciari's blatant embellishment of it. I truly think he hurt himself throwing his back to the ice dramatically. I probably wouldn't have called a penalty either after seeing Acciari 'crying wolf' and taking himself out of the play like that.
    Didn't hear you calling out the Blues for their blatant embellishment in game 4 on multiple things (Tarasenko's head snap, Schwartz dive, Binnington getting his leg hacked off by Marchand).

I hate embellishment as much or more than the next guy. You are right, Acciari tried to sell that and the Bruins basically gave up on the puck because they all knew it was a penalty. Even Bozak himself knew it was a penalty and turned to argue the ref right after the play only to see no-call. You have to play to the whistle and the Bruins didn't and that goal is ultimately their fault there (much like the puck out of play in the Columbus series).

But Cassidy is right, that missed call was completely egregious. I've been on the side that bad calls happen all playoffs and you have to live with them. But it does seem to hit home a little harder when it costs your team a potential win in Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final.

If Berube's comments did affect the refs for the last two games, I wonder if Cassidy's will have a similar effect for the next two.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Expert

You're not wrong about the Blues' diving in game 4. Sick of seeing it from both teams all series.

Dobber Sports Titan

Tripping Rule:
    57.1 Tripping – A player shall not place the stick, knee, foot, arm, hand or elbow in such a manner that causes his opponent to trip or fall. Accidental trips which occur simultaneously with a completed play will not be penalized. Accidental trips occurring simultaneously with or after a stoppage of play will not be penalized.
    What the heck is a "completed play" lol.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Tripping Rule:

What the heck is a "completed play" lol.
    I think it covers something like follow-through on a shot (like with high sticking), or a diving poke-check where you get the puck first (completed).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I think it covers something like follow-through on a shot (like with high sticking), or a diving poke-check where you get the puck first (completed).
    Pretty sure they've made this even a penalty a few years ago. This might be the 3rd yr where even if you dive and hit the puck first and your follow-through takes the player out, it's a penalty.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Barbashev will have a hearing for his hit on Johansson. I'm thinking they give him one game as a "make up" call. Because NHL.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Stud

Really tired of hearing about officiating. Yes, the refs miss calls sometimes and make bad ones. No, it's not the major reason outcomes are decided in the playoffs- except maybe SJ-VGK- you could make an argument....
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I was reading today that Binnington has tied the rookie goalie record for SC playoff wins (15). One more win gives him the record.*asterik
    Though, Pat Roy (1985) could only win 3 games in his first round best-of-5, back in 1986.
    The next year, the NHL expanded opening round to best-of-7... and Hextall won all but the last in 1986.
    Also tied is Cam Ward (who missed Semis game #4 win in 2006 vs BUF) and Matt Murray (Fleury won game 1 of opening round).

Sort of could be a fun record to have (/share with Roy, *depending on how you view it).

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    Really tired of hearing about officiating. Yes, the refs miss calls sometimes and make bad ones. No, it's not the major reason outcomes are decided in the playoffs- except maybe SJ-VGK- you could make an argument....
    Maybe not the major factor, but certainly a factor. And frankly, it shouldn’t be. What makes it worse, is that refs call everything in a pre season game, and nothing in a tight playoff game, and there is a sliding scale for everything in the middle. That makes it incredibly difficult for players to know what will be, and what won’t be a penalty.

Take a look at the NFL. Every offensive lineman commits a “hold” on essentially every single play. However, the standard for what will be called “holding” and what won’t be, is very well defined. They all know where that line is. This way, most every holding infraction is called by this standard. In the NFL, a penalty isn’t called with varying degrees dependent on how important the game is, and how tight the score is. A “hold” is a “hold”, every time, regardless of whether or not it is in pre season or the Super Bowl.

Embellishment is rarely called in the NHL. I would like to see it called more often. That would encourage people to not dive. I am also completely ok with a ref calling a tripping penalty and an embellishment penalty on the same play. The thought process being that the ref would have called the penalty in the first place. The player trying to sell it, didn’t need to and now they are being called for the theatrics.

Rylant

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by ShawneePanthers View Post
    No, it's not the major reason outcomes are decided in the playoffs- except maybe SJ-VGK- you could make an argument....
    Kind of contradicting yourself with this statement don’t you think? The refs made the bad call but they aren’t the ones who aloud 4 goals in 5 minutes, that was the Vegas PK.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I was reading today that Binnington has tied the rookie goalie record for SC playoff wins (15). One more win gives him the record.*asterik
    Though, Pat Roy (1985) could only win 3 games in his first round best-of-5, back in 1986.
    The next year, the NHL expanded opening round to best-of-7... and Hextall won all but the last in 1986.
    Also tied is Cam Ward (who missed Semis game #4 win in 2006 vs BUF) and Matt Murray (Fleury won game 1 of opening round).

Sort of could be a fun record to have (/share with Roy, *depending on how you view it).
    I'd put Ken Dryden on this list. He won a Stanley Cup (and the Conn Smythe) before he was even eligible for Calder/rookie.