Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Administrator

Default Re: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    BUMP: Dreger reported yesterday that the Marner camp plans to visit teams starting June 26 in the RFA offer sheet interview period.

Does this news lend a bit more credibility to the OP's comments?
    It will if/when he actually does it. Actions speak louder than words and all we get with the media is words.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Sure it could lend more credibility....or it could be that players and agents finally understand leverage in negotiation and are starting to use it.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Sure it could lend more credibility....or it could be that players and agents finally understand leverage in negotiation and are starting to use it.
    You are probably correct. I really don't know. I find it a bit interesting, though, that Marner (or his agent) are openly admitting to considering the offer sheet option and although I don't have any personal knowledge that Marner is going to accept an offer sheet (as the OP suggests), I do know that Marner isn't entirely happy with the situation in Toronto so this tidbit from Dreger doesn't surprise me. I still don't think Marner will sign an offer sheet, but it wouldn't shock me as much if he did compared to one of the other high-end RFAs (like say Aho or Point).
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Jedi

You are probably correct. I really don't know. I find it a bit interesting, though, that Marner (or his agent) are openly admitting to considering the offer sheet option and although I don't have any personal knowledge that Marner is going to accept an offer sheet (as the OP suggests), I do know that Marner isn't entirely happy with the situation in Toronto so this tidbit from Dreger doesn't surprise me. I still don't think Marner will sign an offer sheet, but it wouldn't shock me as much if he did compared to one of the other high-end RFAs (like say Aho or Point).
    Well... they're admitting they'll listen to offers. Nothing about actually considering signing one. I imagine this happens WAY more often than makes the news...
    It's just Marner and Toronto, which makes it NEWS.

I mean...how many good RFA's have gone unsigned past July 1 over the years...
    did none ever meet with another team to discuss an offer sheet?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

How do you "KNOW" this? or are you speculating based on what you've heard in the media lately?

Dobber Sports Genius

I wouldn't want to hang out with Mike Babcock nine months of the year either. /deadpan/
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

The Great One

Issue you have is the money it would take for Toronto not to match equates to an awful lot of good picks leaving that organisation
    Experience is the teacher of all things.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    How do you "KNOW" this? or are you speculating based on what you've heard in the media lately?
    Maybe he believes the OP, me?

The Great One

I mentioned this earlier in the thread...I have a relative who knows Marner's dad.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Stud

A free agent is 'exploring his options'... stop the presses!
    I am a die-hard Avalanche fan!
    PARTIAL DYNASTY (Keep 20 from year to year)
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G every night

G ,A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    Wins, Saves, SV%, GAA, SO

C-Eichel, Marner (RW), Matthews
    L- Skinner, Pacioretty, Vanek, Perlini, Palat
    R- Hoffman, Byron, Tuch, Kerfoot, Sprong
    D- Ekblad, Gostisbehere, Rielly, Borowiecki, Montour, Girard, Orpik, Schenn
    G-Fleury, Rask, Brossoit, Saros, Kuemper, Appleby

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I mentioned this earlier in the thread...I have a relative who knows Marner's dad.
    So what I take from that is your statements are based on your interpretation of what your Relative has told you (directly or indirectly) which is an interpretation of what this relative heard or was told through Marner's Dad (directly or indirectly) which is an interpretation of what Marner has actually stated or suggested based on how he feels/felt during the season or here after.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.

At least it explains more than the OP "wink wink...nudge nudge...hey...i have a secret that I'm going to share about Marner and i'm not going to tell any how i know or even why I know".

Hey Skippy... you stated "Marner will sign a massive offer-sheet" ... Unless I missed it in the middle of this thread, you haven't produced any insider info on what team is actually going to produce this massive offer sheet that you state "MARNER WILL SIGN"? With statements like in the OP, you MUST know the dance partner(s) as well? or, did you mean to say "Marner HOPES to sign a massive offer-sheet"?
    Last edited by havanablast21; May 30, 2019 at 10:56 AM. Reason: BTW... Seadawg, I found your original post and followup(s) regarding your "connection" to the Marner Family. Thanks.

The Great One

So what I take from that is your statements are based on your interpretation of what your Relative has told you (directly or indirectly) which is an interpretation of what this relative heard or was told through Marner's Dad (directly or indirectly) which is an interpretation of what Marner has actually stated or suggested based on how he feels/felt during the season or here after.

Ok. Thanks for clearing that up.
    If you go back through all my comments in my thread, I've downplayed what I've been told and said that what I know is basically nothing more than hearsay. Take it for what it's worth (not much, I know). You and others don't have to get so defensive about it. Besides, what I am saying isn't even all that shocking or suggestive of anything.

I am not backing the OP's statements. The OP suggests that he has inside knowledge...maybe he does, maybe he doesn't...I merely added that I have heard there are issues between Marner's camp and the Leafs, partially to do with his relationship (or lackthereof) with Babcock and partially to do with contract demands. You don't have to believe what I am saying (because, as I have already said in this thread, I did not hear this first hand). It isn't much, and I'm not pretending that it is.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Administrator

Not surprised at all to see Leaf fans handling Marner about as well as they handled Nylander

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Not surprised at all to see Leaf fans handling Marner about as well as they handled Nylander
    I think Netflix is missing their chance to make a docu-series out of this. Season one, Nylander; season two, Marner.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Big Daddy

Remember the game Telephone when we were kids? That game was a lot of fun to play.