Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 52 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

The Great One

Default Re: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    "Players should play for free! They should just be happy they get to play hockey for a living! The owners deserve all of the money and shouldn't even have to pay salaries!" - tweetdrivr, apparently.
    You’re an idiot
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Tavares has a history of inflating wingers numbers... just ask Matt Moulson
    Yes - I’m not suggesting Marner and Moulson are the same quality of player mind you. Just that the Matthews/Marner comparison is a little apples and oranges.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    He looks like a jerk. Just like Nylander did. The average fan sees these guys getting paid millions to play hockey who hold out for a few more millions as spoiled a-holes.
    And that right there is why most fans think guys that do this are big greedy a-holes when they pull this crap.
    Get over yourself and play some damn hockey.
    K. Lol. This guy is calling someone else an idiot haha.

The Great One

Everyone here knows exactly the sort of troll BS we get from you dude. Keep it up.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Jedi

Yes - I’m not suggesting Marner and Moulson are the same quality of player mind you. Just that the Matthews/Marner comparison is a little apples and oranges.
    oh i know... but the history is there... without Tavares... what does Marner produce last year? 75? 85?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

This right here.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    oh i know... but the history is there... without Tavares... what does Marner produce last year? 75? 85?
    Yes JT set a personal record on goals... remember he also played with Matthews and Riley and Kadri on the PP.
    and Marner went from averaging 65 pts/ year to 92 next to
    JT.

Again, don’t discount the PP points. They complimented each other but dare I say, the vet JT helped set this table for Marner who was playing with what... Bozak and JVR the previous two years?

JT is a proven vet , center ans and scored over 42 goals. Hell even he’s worth more than 1 of 4 top 6 wingers of which Marner is probably #1.

Pay your dues Marner.

Big Daddy

K. Lol. This guy is calling someone else an idiot haha.
    I don’t disagree with any of tweetdrivr’s quoted posts. Marner has come across as a greedy, spoiled little boy. He had the entire city of Toronto and the entire Leafs worldwide fan base by the balls and was set up to be the golden boy for his entire career and he is throwing it down the drain. I don’t know if it’s his dad, agent or himself calling the shots but somethings gotta give. Dubas can’t let this turn into Nylander 2.0 and I don’t think he will. If this drags into the season he’s better off trading his ass.

#Tribalism

Players should feel lucky they get paid to play a game and not hold out for what they're worth is the biggest troll post anyone could make.

Big Daddy

#Tribalism

Players should feel lucky they get paid to play a game and not hold out for what they're worth is the biggest troll post anyone could make.
    Marner isn’t worth what he’s asking. Common sense for anyone who watches the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Marner isn’t worth what he’s asking. Common sense for anyone who watches the game.
    Matthews isn't worth what he's making. Neither is Tavares. Dubas created this situation based on the contracts he's already handed out. When considering the other contracts on the team, Marner absolutely worth what he is asking based on team comparables. If people think team comparables don't matter, well, shrug. Internal contract caps have existed for 20+ years based on the pay of their best players.

Dobber Sports Deity

Matthews isn't worth what he's making. Neither is Tavares. Dubas created this situation based on the contracts he's already handed out. When considering the other contracts on the team, Marner absolutely worth what he is asking based on team comparables. If people think team comparables don't matter, well, shrug. Internal contract caps have existed for 20+ years based on the pay of their best players.
    Yep. +1
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Yep. +1
    Says the Oiler fan.

Just say’n.

Not really in a good place to be preaching best practices for team management.

Take that back... you are. VERY much in the know about poor team management. As you were Axeman. Apologies.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

The only correction I’ll make is that Matthews and Tavares we’re both deemed to be worth what they’re making. Dubas illustrated that by making those contracts. The fact Marner hasn’t signed actually signifies that Marner isn’t worth what he’s asking for. Or he’s be signed by now. It’s now up to Dubas to prove that stance.

What I think or RA thinks or you think or Axe thinks or anyone not in-charge Of the leafs payroll thinks is just food for this thread. What Dubas thinks and the brass thinks is what matters and what should ultimately direct the outcome.

Kid’s and RFA and teams need to start realizing they still have the power.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by havanablast21 View Post
    Says the Oiler fan.

Just say’n.

Not really in a good place to be preaching best practices for team management.

Take that back... you are. VERY much in the know about poor team management. As you were Axeman. Apologies.
    Not sure why you keep playing the team angle when going back and forth with people. Axeman doesn't work for the Oilers and had nothing to do with their decisions. Just like you've had nothing to do with anything the Leafs have done.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

I don't blame Marner or Nylander for tyring to get whatever they can. That said, I hope GM plays hardball with them. I was really disappointed that they didn't make Nylander sit the full year.