Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    I think Brian Burke said that he had heard that Marner turned down an offer of 8 years @ $10m per year. That's absurd.
    I agree, but from what we've read all along is Marner doesn't want an 8 yr deal. I'm assuming that's why he turned it down.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

He wants Matthews deal, in both term and $$. Not saying he will get it, but that is what he is hoping for either via offer sheet or from the Leafs.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    He wants Matthews deal, in both term and $$. Not saying he will get it, but that is what he is hoping for either via offer sheet or from the Leafs.
    Yup, I believe this to be true as well. I just hope Dubas doesn’t give in and give him that money or term. Someone also mentioned an offer sheet for that money and term is unlikely because if a team is giving up four first round picks they want him for more than 5 years with no threat of losing him as a UFA.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Yup, I believe this to be true as well. I just hope Dubas doesn’t give in and give him that money or term. Someone also mentioned an offer sheet for that money and term is unlikely because if a team is giving up four first round picks they want him for more than 5 years with no threat of losing him as a UFA.
    Ya that's what I said. What team in their right mind who offer him 13+ for 5yrs and give up 4 1st round picks?

He's prolly been offered a contract in the 2nd highest tier but he sign that prolly

The Great One

I can see a one-year deal happening at around $8 million a year before Marner accepts an 8 year deal. Not sure the Leafs like that anymore than the 5 year deal Marner wants.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I can see a one-year deal happening at around $8 million a year before Marner accepts an 8 year deal. Not sure the Leafs like that anymore than the 5 year deal Marner wants.
    Leafs would like that a lot better. Leaves him with RFA status & 3m cap space this year
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Stud

Here is a list of teams with 4 consecutive 1st round picks beginning next year, their salary cap remaining, number of players signed (typically each team has 23 signed on their active roster) and any high profile signings to be made.

In no particular order:

- DET - $5.28 cap space; 21 signed
    - FLA - $5.41 cap space; 17 signed
    - MTL - $7.47 cap space; 25 signed
    - OTT - $21.94 cap space; 20 signed
    - TB - $5.58 cap space; 21 signed; Point (RFA)
    - CAR - $7.0 cap space; 19 signed
    - NYI - $8.65 cap space; 22 signed
    - STL - $13.92 cap space; 19 signed; Binnington (RFA)
    - EDM - $3.93 cap space; 22 signed
    - LA - $11.87 cap space; 20 signed
    - VGK - $2.67 cap space; 20 signed

So what does this list tell us?

There are only 11 teams that could potentially submit an offer sheet to Marner, Point or Rantanen. Realistically, if you consider RFA's to be signed and the number of contracts they already have signed, the list shrinks to 2 teams.

2 Teams!!! OTT & LA.

In LA, it would be close, but they could add a minimum salary player ($0.700) leaving a touch over $11.1 remaining for one of Point, Rantanen or Marner.

OTT is a much different story as they could easily put in offer sheets for Marner or Point or Rantanen - but I doubt any of them would go as all 3 players are in a very good position to win a Cup where they are.

One final note on this - I think we can eliminate all teams on the list who are re-building (OTT, LA, DET& EDM). There is no way they would give up 4 first rounders for one player if they are re-building or commit that much cap space for the foreseeable future.

So as you can see, the chances of Marner, Point or Rantanen getting an offer sheet is slim to none in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Jedi

You missed a couple big ones:

New Jersey 19.8m - 17 signed
    Columbus 15.7m - 21 signed
    New York Is 8.6m - 22 signed

and yes... Columbus has all their 1st round picks

Big Daddy

They should settle this by giving him 2 years at $8M per and worry about the rest later. Focus on making this team an actual Cup contender.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    You missed a couple big ones:

New Jersey 19.8m - 17 signed
    Columbus 15.7m - 21 signed
    New York Is 8.6m - 22 signed

and yes... Columbus has all their 1st round picks
    The 4 first round picks must be their own (i.e. can not be traded for) and in consecutive years beginning next year (2020). According to Cap Friendly, NJ has no 2nd in 2020; CBJ has no 2nd or 3rd in 2020 and that leaves the NYI - which I included in my list.

The Great One

I believe it is 4 first round picks between 2020 and 2024...a team can make an offer sheet even if they don't have a 2020 1st. It could be 2021, 2022, 2023, and 2024 instead or 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    The 4 first round picks must be their own (i.e. can not be traded for) and in consecutive years beginning next year (2020). According to Cap Friendly, NJ has no 2nd in 2020; CBJ has no 2nd or 3rd in 2020 and that leaves the NYI - which I included in my list.
    What do 2nds and 3rd have to do with a team giving up 4 1sts?

Dobber Sports Jedi

Toronto waived the flag to the rest of the NHL - they can match immediately anything below 11.5m. That means a team must give up 4 1sts to make a run at Marner. NJ, CBJ, NYI all have their 1st rounders - anything below - Tor matches anyway. So 2nds, 3rds don't matter... at - all.

at least according to cap friendly anyway.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pit Bulls View Post
    Here is a list of teams with 4 consecutive 1st round picks beginning next year, their salary cap remaining, number of players signed (typically each team has 23 signed on their active roster) and any high profile signings to be made.
    Something to keep in mind is that there are a lot of complications surrounding those four first-round picks. Giving up four first rounders have to be done over the next five drafts, not necessarily consecutively over the next four years. So there's probably a few other teams on the list.

From Sportsnet (I've bolded the parts about the draft picks that would apply here):

But even though there are some teams who have dealt away their first-rounder for 2020, every club can theoretically still sign someone to an offer sheet that requires two or more first-rounders coming back. The CBA explains the parameters for which years compensatory picks must be available:

• Clubs owing one (1) draft selection must have it available in the next draft

• Clubs owing two (2) draft selections in different rounds must have them available in the next draft

• Clubs owing three (3) draft selections in different rounds must have them available in the next draft

• Clubs owing two (2) draft selections in the same round, must have them available in the next three (3) drafts

• Clubs owing three (3) draft selections in the same round must have them available in the next four (4) drafts, and so on.

• When a Club owes two (2) or more draft selections in the same round, the signing Club does not elect the years in which such selections shall be awarded to the Prior Club; rather, the selections next available will be transferred to the Prior Club (i.e., a Club that owes two (2) selections has them available in the next two (2) drafts – that is when they are transferred).

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

If Im Dubas.....I will not sign Marner before Rantanen and/or Point