Page 30 of 54 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 40 ... LastLast

Thread: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [Rumor] Marner is gone from TO

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    29 pages of fake news and counting....
    Fluff news.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Only 18 pages here because I changed my settings

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Fluff news.
    TMZ says they can be both
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Giant

I heard Mitch Marner has a vestigial tail, and that's why he isn't signed yet.
    MounD - Double Threat FHL (18-19 champs)

10-Team Yahoo daily H2H Dynasty
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2G, 7Bn (IR)
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK // W, Sv, GAA, Sv%, SHO

C: Bergeron, Barkov, Aho, Point, Kadri
    LW: Marchand, Landeskog, Hertl, Marchessault
    RW: Stamkos, Tarasenko, Laine, Palmieri
    D: Carlson, Letang, Dumba, Weber, Pietrangelo, Ristolainen, Byfuglien*
    G: Bobrovsky, Holtby, Lehner, Greiss-Varlamov

Farm: Turcotte, Cozens, Denisenko, Newhook // Sandin, Jokiharju, Dobson, K'Andre // Shesterkin

Dobber Sports Jedi

or he's just waiting for Babcock to invite himself to dinner at Marner's Dad's house first
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    or he's just waiting for Babcock to invite himself to dinner at Marner's Dad's house first
    Swerve: The Marners invited Babcock all along

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Not sure if shared in the thread yet (not fully caught up) but found this in the twitter verse this morning:

"Ken Campbell believes we could be waiting a while for a rival club to sign Toronto Maple Leafs winger Mitch Marner to an offer sheet. He said there are, or have been, teams that were/are serious about making an offer to the 22-year-old Marner. He also feels two teams already made offers, with the winger rejecting them because he didn’t like the destinations. "
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I'm not sure where AW got his numbers from, but from NHL.com I have the Leafs being 30th in # of times shorthanded at 204 (4 ahead of Columbus) which on the surface is good. You have lots of good players, they don't kill penalties, less times shorthanded means more ice time for your best players. Unfortunately, being second last in times shorthanded also means the Leafs were dead last in PP opportunities at 211, because the NHL doesn't actually call the rules, they just call it even. Less PP opportunities means less prime scoring chances for your best players, which means they have to work harder at 5v5.

By comparison, Tampa Bay took the third most penalties at 267, which means they had the luxury of getting the 4th most PP opportunities at 269. That resulted in 74 PPG compared to Toronto's 46. Factoring in PPGF, SHGA, PPGA, SHGF Tampa ended up +43 while Toronto ended up +1. Part of that has to do with Tampa having a better PP and a better PK, but part of that has to do with just getting more opportunities.

TL;DR if you have a good PP taking penalties is good because it also means you'll get more PP opportunities.
    Which is a whole other issue with NHL reffing, but that's an argument for the fluffy dog days of July.... oh, wait....

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Fluff news.
    Sooooooo fluffy!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    Marner will sign a massive offer-sheet hoping the Leafs don’t match. Marner hates Babcock, does not like playing in Toronto and isn’t a fan of Tavares.

According to Elliott Friedman, someone who has actual sources, NYI offered Marner $12.5M x 7 but Marner didn’t sign because he was afraid Toronto wouldn’t match. So can we put this “Marner wants out of Toronto” crap to bed? I’m not saying he won’t sign an offer sheet, but if he does it’ll be similar to Aho’s case where he signs knowing Toronto will match, simply using the other team’s offer sheet to get what he wants out of Dubas.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    According to Elliott Friedman, someone who has actual sources, NYI offered Marner $12.5M x 7 but Marner didn’t sign because he was afraid Toronto wouldn’t match. So can we put this “Marner wants out of Toronto” crap to bed? I’m not saying he won’t sign an offer sheet, but if he does it’ll be similar to Aho’s case where he signs knowing Toronto will match, simply using the other team’s offer sheet to get what he wants out of Dubas.
    Interest. I didn't read/hear about the Islanders offer sheet but I believe you if you say so.

I also don't doubt your second statement about him hoping to use an offer sheet to get what he wants but if he thinks other GMs are going to stick their necks out and allow Marner to make them look bad by using them to get what he wants, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Teams make the offer sheets assuming the other team WON'T match it, not to help players get a deal to stay with their current team.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Officially turning into Nylander 2.0 with every day that passes. But Elliot's report contradicts what the OP had stated in that he wants out. And Marner can't grow facial hair so that can't be a reason to nix the Isles. In fact, wouldn't that have been amazing for him to head the NY essentially for free (only $$) and be the factor to raise the Islanders to a cup before JT can do the same with T.O.?

I'm still not convinced he wants out of T.O. rather wants his pay day. And he's still not worth North of $10 million IMO. I'm still of the belief that if you you're lucky to have 1 ELITE C... he's likely your highest paid player. Leafs have 2 (of a possible 4) and they've been paid. But a team has 8 Wingers (twice as many as C's). ure...if you're winger is your MOST ELITE player ... he'll be paid as such (Simple supply and demand... the business of hockey), but Marner is and will continue to be locked behind Matthews and J.T. for at least 5 years. Get your $9 x Term deal (NOT 5 YEARS) and let's get this train moving so that we can consider extending Muzzin/Barrie.

The Great One

Interest. I didn't read/hear about the Islanders offer sheet but I believe you if you say so.

I also don't doubt your second statement about him hoping to use an offer sheet to get what he wants but if he thinks other GMs are going to stick their necks out and allow Marner to make them look bad by using them to get what he wants, he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Teams make the offer sheets assuming the other team WON'T match it, not to help players get a deal to stay with their current team.
    I guess Marc Bergevin is the exception that proves the rule lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Brian Burke said that he had heard that Marner turned down an offer of 8 years @ $10m per year. That's absurd.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I guess Marc Bergevin is the exception that proves the rule lol
    I wouldn't say that. Bergevin honestly thought he would put Carolina into a bind with his offer, the way it was structured.

If Freidman is saying Marner turned down that offer sheet, then other GMs know this as well and won't waste their time on Marner.