View Poll Results: How Many Games Will Kadri be Suspended For?

Voters
41. This poll is closed

1 2.44%
  • 1 or 2

13 31.71%
  • 3 or 4

10 24.39%
  • 5 or 6

15 36.59%
  • 7 or 8

0 0%
  • 9 or amore

2 4.88%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How Many Games For Kadri?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: How Many Games For Kadri?

All could have been avoided if not for the moronic refs "putting the whistles away".

Debrusk knee-on-knee should be reviewed as well.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    All could have been avoided if not for the moronic refs "putting the whistles away".

Debrusk knee-on-knee should be reviewed as well.
    Everyone that is blaming the refs for this needs to give their head a shake.

We have all played hockey before. We all know some games get called tight and some the refs lets us play.

The argument that you are making when you blame the refs is that because the refs let them play some good hard playoff hockey is the reason that Kadri cross checked someone in the head. As a player, you should be able to adjust to what the refs are calling for a game. Is a cross check to the head in a reactionary way an adjustment to how the refs are calling the game? No. It is stupidity on Kadri’s part. Whether the game is a tightly called contest or a more openly called contest by the refs, a blatant cross check like that is going to get attention.

For those that are comparing it to an elbow to the head, I admit I must have been watching another game or something when that happened. However, even if it was missed by the refs, the NHL player safety has the opportunity to review it and decided not to? So I guess it is not an apples to apples comparison.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post

We have all played hockey before. We all know some games get called tight and some the refs lets us play.

The argument that you are making when you blame the refs is that because the refs let them play some good hard playoff hockey is the reason that Kadri cross checked someone in the head. As a player, you should be able to adjust to what the refs are calling for a game. Is a cross check to the head in a reactionary way an adjustment to how the refs are calling the game? No. It is stupidity on Kadri’s part. Whether the game is a tightly called contest or a more openly called contest by the refs, a blatant cross check like that is going to get attention.

For those that are comparing it to an elbow to the head, I admit I must have been watching another game or something when that happened. However, even if it was missed by the refs, the NHL player safety has the opportunity to review it and decided not to? So I guess it is not an apples to apples comparison.
    It's not a black-and-white issue. Bad officiating plays a role in games escalating. That doesn't mean they accept sole responsibility.

Maybe give your head a shake?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

The argument that you are making when you blame the refs is that because the refs let them play some good hard playoff hockey is the reason that Kadri cross checked someone in the head. As a player, you should be able to adjust to what the refs are calling for a game.
    Yes - and that's exactly what the players were doing - adjusting to how the refs are calling the game. By their nature - and especially in the playoffs - players will continue to push the limits until boundaries are set (ie: penalties).

Kadri's cross check was the boiling point of something that had been brewing all game long. It escalates throughout the course of the game until something stupid happens and someone gets hurt.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's not a black-and-white issue. Bad officiating plays a role in games escalating. That doesn't mean they accept sole responsibility.

Maybe give your head a shake?
    Yes. I am shaking my head! And yes the refs letting the teams play leads to escalation, but there are 39 other players in that exact same game that did not let the escalation of the game lead to them cross-checking someone in the head. Kadri could have done the same thing if DeBrusk made a similar hit on Marleau in the first minute of the game.

100 percent of the blame should be on Kadri. No one else. If the refs were to blame than we should have seen 40 cross checks to the heads of someone, and game three would have been the Toronto Marlies vs Providence Bruins. Haha.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Meh. No games. Bad refereeing let this get out of control. Debrusk folded like he was put in a coma. Gets up and plays once Kadri is sent off. Lots of theatrics on both sides and lots of late/bad hits let go. Tempers get flared. Kadri and Debrusk were at each other all game and Debrusk's knee was not an innocent play either. Kadri came to the defence of a teammate who he thought may have been hurt badly.

Meh.

2 games and it is two too many for me.

Don't bother responding to argue with my position because I really don't care. That is just the way I saw the game.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Guru View Post
    All four officials should also be suspended for whatever Kadri is going to get.

The worse part is these officials will go on to referee other games......thats not good.
    surely you jest? All four officials are not responsible for Kadri's actions , he had options. He could have dropped the gloves and fought Debrusk , which would not have resulted in a suspension but he took the low road.
    24 team cap league, HTH Pts. 25 PLAYER ROSTER C3/LW3/RW3/F3/D6/G1

G & A = 1PT.
    HT.BLK.PIM.SOG.=0.05 / PPP=0.5/ FOW=0.01/ +/- =.25
    W=2 SHO=3 SV=0.1 GA=-1 OL=1 SHL=1

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Hagel- Couturier - Tarasenko
    Frederic - Tyler Johnson - Nichuskin
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Meh. No games. Bad refereeing let this get out of control. Debrusk folded like he was put in a coma. Gets up and plays once Kadri is sent off. Lots of theatrics on both sides and lots of late/bad hits let go. Tempers get flared. Kadri and Debrusk were at each other all game and Debrusk's knee was not an innocent play either. Kadri came to the defence of a teammate who he thought may have been hurt badly.

Meh.

2 games and it is two too many for me.

Don't bother responding to argue with my position because I really don't care. That is just the way I saw the game.
    oh no problem , i'll respond. If you got crosschecked in the head/neck with a hockey stick im sure you would also fold like you were put in a coma!

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yes. I am shaking my head! And yes the refs letting the teams play leads to escalation, but there are 39 other players in that exact same game that did not let the escalation of the game lead to them cross-checking someone in the head. Kadri could have done the same thing if DeBrusk made a similar hit on Marleau in the first minute of the game.

100 percent of the blame should be on Kadri. No one else. If the refs were to blame than we should have seen 40 cross checks to the heads of someone, and game three would have been the Toronto Marlies vs Providence Bruins. Haha.
    I agree here , good point!

G & A = 1PT.

Connor - Barkov - Ehlers
    Vatrano - - Guriano

Dobber Sports Titan

Refs told Morgan Rielly Kadri had jumped and the hit was just big...In their eyes Debrusk didn't even hit his knee. That's the moronic thing about the whole situation. They didn't even think it was a knee on knee...

Kadri is minimum 5 games. MINIMUM. What he did was stupid. He went moronic vigilante. But how the league haven't even commented on DeBrusk's knee is questionable for me.

Refs were not good. But it doesn't let Kadri off the hook, it gives him a reason for doing what he did but it's not an excuse.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

If we're going to get into the whole "this is some good hard playoff hockey" debate, then I chalk up Kadri's actions to just that - good hard playoff hockey. You can't have one thing and not the other. Bruins players were taking runs at Leaf players the entire night (and while a large majority were clean, not all of them were clean - don't even try to sell me on bs otherwise).

The thing that irks me the most about this situation is that Kadri is the only guy on the Leafs with the passion and ability to play an edgy game.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Refs told Morgan Rielly Kadri had jumped and the hit was just big...In their eyes Debrusk didn't even hit his knee. That's the moronic thing about the whole situation. They didn't even think it was a knee on knee...

Kadri is minimum 5 games. MINIMUM. What he did was stupid. He went moronic vigilante. But how the league haven't even commented on DeBrusk's knee is questionable for me.

Refs were not good. But it doesn't let Kadri off the hook, it gives him a reason for doing what he did but it's not an excuse.
    Well, this is another story. This is what happens when you build a reputation of being a diver and spend most of your career intentionally making refs look bad by drawing calls that you shouldn't be getting. Not to mention all the whining that he was doing on the ice in the first period whenever he got touched by a Bruin.

The fact that it isn't being looked at by player safety is another issue. To me Pastrnak should have had his hit on Muzzin reviewed, and therein lies the inconsistency and stupidity of the NHL's player safety division. Unless the guy stays down on the ice and looks dazed nobody gives a shit, even if the hit was just as illegal.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    Well, this is another story. This is what happens when you build a reputation of being a diver and spend most of your career intentionally making refs look bad by drawing calls that you shouldn't be getting. Not to mention all the whining that he was doing on the ice in the first period whenever he got touched by a Bruin.

The fact that it isn't being looked at by player safety is another issue. To me Pastrnak should have had his hit on Muzzin reviewed, and therein lies the inconsistency and stupidity of the NHL's player safety division. Unless the guy stays down on the ice and looks dazed nobody gives a shit, even if the hit was just as illegal.
    Everything Kadri was whining about was fair if it's the regular season. Which is what I personally have a problem with. The rulebook changes come game 83.

Also Debrusk was being a baby in his interview after the game. I gotta find the interview because the whole thing screams he's milking this to make what Kadri did look worse than it was, and it's really bad but he's making it sound like Kadri took his stick and tried to chop off his head.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Playing hard hockey and letting them play is much different than cross checking your opponent in the neck..that's not hockey play. That's a play that is made by a player losing his ability to recognize the implications of his actions. And no it's not because the refs seemingly lost control of the game. If it had been a heavy hit that was maybe borderline boarding or something then I could argue he was playing per the officiating allows but not a crosscheck to the face.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I never possibly imagined someone could be enough of a homer to defend a premeditated cross check to the head, but here we are. Whew. What a thread.