Thread: Letang for E. Johnson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Letang for E. Johnson

Guys,

I own Letang in my keeper league and I like him, but I think at making an offer to the owner of E. Johnson. Sure this year I will sacrifice 10-15 pts (we have 5 def and we only counts the 4 best) but I think that Johnson is a stud and not sure about Letang yet. On top of that, will Johnson become injury prone following this season ...

The main question is who do you prefer starting next year and further ???

Thanks !
    Keeper league, pts only, no positionnal requirements

Dobber Sports Pro

I believe that EJ is the best young d-men out there. He represents the next generation of d-studs that plays 30 minutes a game, scores 15-20 goals and scores 50+ points per year.

Letang is a good and potentially great offensived-man but EJ is an Elite d-man, the full package, that you should grab immediately as his present injury is the only reason the he would be available.

When you factor in the emergence of St. Louis is a more offensive team and the addition of Oshie, Berglund and Pietriangelo, this deal is a must.

Take the deal, you will never regret it, starting the day he returns from injury.

Dobber Sports Genius

Letang hasn\'t proven anything yet. His points are all speculation at this point.

E. Johnson has shown all the signs of being the real deal. I hate seeing him injured right now. This is exceptionally important developmental time for him. No one ever benefits from injury, but particularly when they\'re young players.

Pretend for a second that you had no Johnson for 15 weeks. At two points per week (that\'d have him on pace for 52 point which is more than most of us have him marked in for. If you can find a short term replacement (economically) that gets 30 points a year (one point a week) you\'ll only sacrifice 15 points in acquiring him.

On the flip of that, do you really hope for more than 40-50 points from Letang this year?

I\'d pull the trigger to take the more secure commodity. Even when Letang bites you in the butt, the worst it should be is similar to Johnson.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

anyone else please ...
    Keeper league, pts only, no positionnal requirements